Ode to my new bike

bostom

Aug 1, 2006
Hey Guys-
I just got a 2006 Cannondale Carbon Synpse 1- dura ace with a compact double crank, Ksyrium SL wheels. I started looking for an alloy 'comfort' road bike but quickly realized that carbon nicely damps the vibrations that were plaguing me with my 80s Cannondale R500. I'm 44 and ride on some not so optimal roads and was finding that my wrists, back and butt were giving out long before my legs.

Now I'm a frugal teacher and was just trying to get a 2007 Carbon 2 105 compact (non-SL version) for MSRP 2099, when they told my this bike was on sale for 2700, down from 4300. Gulp! I pulled the trigger, and I'm still reeling from spending 5 times what I have ever spent before on a bike.

The good news is that it may end up being worth it. I took my normal quick ride yesterday and it took about 30 minutes less than usual to go that 22mi. route. Plus I was ready to do a lot more and only was limited by daylight and the weather. I'm really psyched, despite having blown what was for me quite a wad of cash.

Thanks for listening!
Tom