Ode to TD and his buds

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Terri Alvillar

By Terri Alvillar

Too far from the ranger, the rider denies The wet ground from rain having fallen from skies

He lives more for feeling the rush through his veins Than the leaf covered ground and the roots
he disdains

It's all for the fun, he thinks, turning off-road What care I may flatten a snake or a toad

The trail built last year, it has doubled in size Not fun any more, better find a new prize

Taking off through the woods the biker's wheels churn To hell with the flora, I've macho to burn

For nature is challenge, it ain't nothing more If he can't destroy it, life would be a bore

So upward and downward the mountains begin To lose their appeal for those living within

With speeding and grinding and squealing and braking The animals there are always awaking

The tree called Madrone with handsome red bark Is bitten by chain rings by day and by dark

The slope so majestic and full of wildflowers Has lost its season of blooming in hours

The man and the woman whose hair has turned gray Afraid to be struck, have both gone away

The dog and the horse in this are alike They run from a speeding and uncontrolled bike

The creeks and the streams all seem to cry out Go away, leave alone, all my rare Steelhead trout

by Terri Alvillar

Terri Alvillar wrote:
> By Terri Alvillar
>
> Too far from the ranger, the rider denies The wet ground from rain having fallen from skies snip<

Don't quit your day job. Oh wait... do quit your day job.

Jon Bond I've macho to burn

"Terri Alvillar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> By Terri Alvillar
>
> Too far from the ranger, the rider denies The wet ground from rain having fallen from skies

My tires keep wet ground from staying wet? What does that mean? Also, mountain bikers don't often
ride during or after rains, for fear of damaging trails.

>
> He lives more for feeling the rush through his veins Than the leaf covered ground and the roots he
> disdains

Only men mountian bike, Terri? Maybe you have deeper problems than mountain bikers, if you are
associating "evil" acts with men in general. Also, roots rule. They're tricky, challenging, and just
plain fun. Lastly, there are no leaves fallen on trails. Hikers' feet pushed them all away.

> It's all for the fun, he thinks, turning off-road What care I may flatten a snake or a toad

I don't want to hurt anything... and I don't know a single rider that wouldn't move his bike around
or over something alive in the trail.

> The trail built last year, it has doubled in size Not fun any more, better find a new prize

My trail system got larger? Awesome, I should go ride!

> Taking off through the woods the biker's wheels churn To hell with the flora, I've macho to burn

I'll excuse your usage of the adjective "macho" as a noun; you meant machismo, but that would ruin
your rythym scheme. Again, though, you've equated mountain biking with only men by using this term.
Big mistake.

> For nature is challenge, it ain't nothing more If he can't destroy it, life would be a bore

Nature is much more than challenge - most mountian bikers have a symbiotic realtionship with and a
deep respect for all things outdoors. How many times have you left the woods with more pack weight
than you brought in, thanks to others' garbage? How many hours have you spent cleaning trails,
checking anchors at climbing sites, or instructing others on proper outdoor conduct (by "proper" I
mean concepts like Leave No Trace...not your apparent fanaticism)

> So upward and downward the mountains begin To lose their appeal for those living within

Life within the mountians? Too much Lord of the Rings, Terri. :)

> With speeding and grinding and squealing and braking The animals there are always awaking

Lazy animals, it's the middle of the day...go forage. Terri, I refuse to be silent when I leave my
home. The animals will have to get used to that. Besides, now that it is springtime, birds wake me
up each morning. I propose we outlaw finches, robins, and the like from sitting on branches within
300 feet of all residences. In fact, I'll take Mr. Vandeman's cue and start a bird-free habitat so
humans can sleep 'til 11:00 on a Sunday, as nature intended.

> The tree called Madrone with handsome red bark Is bitten by chain rings by day and by dark

If a tree is getting hit by chainrings, one of two things has happened: the tree has already died
and fallen over, or the rider has suffered a horrible crash. In which case, I cannot imagine you
feel more sympathy for the tree than the person.

> The slope so majestic and full of wildflowers Has lost its season of blooming in hours

We don't ride off trail. No flower - let alone a field of flowers - would fail to bloom if a bike
passed by.

> The man and the woman whose hair has turned gray Afraid to be struck, have both gone away

Where I am, there are bike paths, and there are hiking paths. When you are out of your element, you
behave accordingly. Your elderly couple needs to leran which trails are used for what purposes.

> The dog and the horse in this are alike They run from a speeding and uncontrolled bike

Never uncontrolled. Never. And we watch out for horses, dogs, squirrels, aardvarks, llamas, dragons,
unicorns, griffins, and whatever else you've got.

> The creeks and the streams all seem to cry out Go away, leave alone, all my rare Steelhead trout

Show me ANYTHING that indicates mountain bikers could ever have contributed to the demise of any
species of fish. Please.

> by Terri Alvillar

Bye, Terri Alvillar.

Chris

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 18:47:01 GMT, Chris wrote:

> My tires keep wet ground from staying wet? What does that mean? Also, mountain bikers don't often
> ride during or after rains, for fear of damaging trails.

She's past the point of caring what's real or not. She's been "Vandemanized".

Much of this Bay-area anti-MTB dogma just seems to be baiting: call them "disgusting and dishonest"
even when they're not acting that way, and eventually they'll feel its futile to be kind and honest.
It seems to be working locally, but doesn't sell as well on Usenet.

And we stay off the wet trails out of CONCERN, not fear. Which is why a frequently-ridden MTB trail
looks like this: http://bbauer.gomen.org/images/smooth1track.jpg

And Terri Avillar's response to this reality looks like this: ---start response here--- ----end
response here----

-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

Terri Alvillar wrote:

> By Terri Alvillar
>
> Too far from the ranger, the rider denies The wet ground from rain having fallen from skies
>
> He lives more for feeling the rush through his veins Than the leaf covered ground and the roots he
> disdains
>
> It's all for the fun, he thinks, turning off-road What care I may flatten a snake or a toad
>
> The trail built last year, it has doubled in size Not fun any more, better find a new prize
>
> Taking off through the woods the biker's wheels churn To hell with the flora, I've macho to burn
>
> For nature is challenge, it ain't nothing more If he can't destroy it, life would be a bore
>
> So upward and downward the mountains begin To lose their appeal for those living within
>
> With speeding and grinding and squealing and braking The animals there are always awaking
>
> The tree called Madrone with handsome red bark Is bitten by chain rings by day and by dark
>
> The slope so majestic and full of wildflowers Has lost its season of blooming in hours
>
> The man and the woman whose hair has turned gray Afraid to be struck, have both gone away
>
> The dog and the horse in this are alike They run from a speeding and uncontrolled bike
>
> The creeks and the streams all seem to cry out Go away, leave alone, all my rare Steelhead trout
>
> by Terri Alvillar

That touched me... in a very special place... *sniff* Why do I feel so dirty???

Jimbo(san)

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:58:24 -0500, jimbo(san) wrote:

> That touched me... in a very special place... *sniff* Why do I feel so dirty???

Its because you've been bad. You deserve a good spanking.

--

"BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:58:24 -0500, jimbo(san) wrote:
>
> > That touched me... in a very special place... *sniff* Why do I feel so dirty???
>
> Its because you've been bad. You deserve a good >spanking.

Okay, I'll go call Olga to get the job done...

- CA-G eeewwwww...

Can-Am Girls Don't Spank Ass!

> On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:58:24 -0500, jimbo(san) wrote:
>
> > That touched me... in a very special place... *sniff* Why do I feel so dirty???
>
> Its because you've been bad. You deserve a good spanking.
>

In fact, I think we all need a good spanking!

Matt

PS - I think I'll name my next trail Terri's Twister or maybe Alvillarge and in Charge. I'll carve
the name of the trail into a nearby tree and color it with dye made from a whole field of
wildflowers mixed with the blood of snakes and toads. Then I'll dump the saw dust into the
creek and...

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:08:49 -0700, MattB wrote:

>> Its because you've been bad. You deserve a good spanking.
>
> In fact, I think we all need a good spanking!

And then....

--

> On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:08:49 -0700, MattB wrote:
>
> >> Its because you've been bad. You deserve a good spanking.
> >
> > In fact, I think we all need a good spanking!
>
> And then....
>
> --
> -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

They were mostly young blondes and brunettes ages 17 to 19 1/2, have you seen this gal Teri? Let's
not go there.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

[email protected] (Terri Alvillar, TreeHugger Extraordinaire) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> By Terri Alvillar
>
<snip endearing poetry>
>
>
> by Terri Alvillar

And your purpose for regaling us such, was??? Asking for donations, as you sit on the streetcorner,
banging a bongo and reciting bad poetry? I'll throw in a quarter if you will...

JUST SHUT THE HELL UP AND RIDE!!

HAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Paladin

"jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Terri Alvillar wrote:
>
> > By Terri Alvillar
> >
> > Too far from the ranger, the rider denies The wet ground from rain having fallen from skies
> >
> > He lives more for feeling the rush through his veins Than the leaf covered ground and the roots
> > he disdains
> >
> > It's all for the fun, he thinks, turning off-road What care I may flatten a snake or a toad
> >
> > The trail built last year, it has doubled in size Not fun any more, better find a new prize
> >
> > Taking off through the woods the biker's wheels churn To hell with the flora, I've macho to burn
> >
> > For nature is challenge, it ain't nothing more If he can't destroy it, life would be a bore
> >
> > So upward and downward the mountains begin To lose their appeal for those living within
> >
> > With speeding and grinding and squealing and braking The animals there are always awaking
> >
> > The tree called Madrone with handsome red bark Is bitten by chain rings by day and by dark
> >
> > The slope so majestic and full of wildflowers Has lost its season of blooming in hours
> >
> > The man and the woman whose hair has turned gray Afraid to be struck, have both gone away
> >
> > The dog and the horse in this are alike They run from a speeding and uncontrolled bike
> >
> > The creeks and the streams all seem to cry out Go away, leave alone, all my rare Steelhead trout
> >
> > by Terri Alvillar
>
> That touched me... in a very special place... *sniff* Why do I feel so dirty???
>
> Jimbo(san)

LOL JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Terri
Alvillar) wrote:

> By Terri Alvillar
>

Oooo...oooo....oooo...poetry challenge! It's going to take some time finding words that rhyme with
misanthrope, nutcase, and horse's ass!

For mikey, I imitated the style of Dr. Seuss <http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/ode.htm> but for
Terri, I'm thinking either limerick or Lewis Carroll.

TD

--
[email protected] World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:
http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/wwc.html ICQ# available on request

TD says:

>but for Terri, I'm thinking either limerick or Lewis Carroll.

Edward Lear would be more appropriate ;-)

Steve

Trekkie Dad wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Terri
> Alvillar) wrote:
>
>
>>By Terri Alvillar
>>
>>Too far from the ranger, the rider denies The wet ground from rain having fallen from skies
>
>
> Oooo...oooo....oooo...poetry challenge! It's going to take some time finding words that rhyme with
> misanthrope, nutcase, and horse's ass!
>
> For mikey, I imitated the style of Dr. Seuss <http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/ode.htm> but for
> Terri, I'm thinking either limerick or Lewis Carroll.
>
> TD
>

There once was a woman named Terri, who's head was incredibly herri, the bikers would taunt her
massive boufont, but, in truth, its really quite scarri.

Jon Bond I'm a poet and I don't even know... er, knoet.

> There once was a woman named Terri, who's head was incredibly herri, the bikers would taunt her
> massive boufont, but, in truth, its really quite scarri.
>
> Jon Bond I'm a poet and I don't even know... er, knoet.

LOL

On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 03:56:33 GMT, Jonathan Bond wrote:

> There once was a woman named Terri, who's head was incredibly herri, the bikers would taunt her

Funny stuff, truely LOL!

--

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Stephen
Baker) wrote:

> TD says:
>
> >but for Terri, I'm thinking either limerick or Lewis Carroll.
>
> Edward Lear would be more appropriate ;-)
>
> Steve

Gotcha. I started working on Alvillarwhacky, but it's going to take a couple of days just to put
together a first draft, if I don't lose interest in it altogether.

TD

--
[email protected] World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:

In article <[email protected]>, Jonathan Bond
<[email protected]> wrote:

>

Applause, applause! I just knew someone would be up to the challenge!

TD

--

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Trekkie Dad wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Terri Alvillar)
> > wrote:
> >
> >
> >>By Terri Alvillar
> >>
> >>Too far from the ranger, the rider denies The wet ground from rain having fallen from skies
> >
> >
> > Oooo...oooo....oooo...poetry challenge! It's going to take some time finding words that rhyme
> > with misanthrope, nutcase, and horse's ass!
> >
> > For mikey, I imitated the style of Dr. Seuss
<http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/ode.htm>
> > but for Terri, I'm thinking either limerick or Lewis Carroll.
> >
> > TD
> >
>
>
>

LOL! Nice one. I'll give her credit for the poetry. But not the subject matter. And anyway, what's
this about prizes?

>The trail built last year, it has doubled in size Not fun any more, better find a new prize

I thought Terri was all for the environment, not finding new, virginal trails and using them for
"fun". That'd be right, wouldn't it Terri? Carelessly cast your old, used trails aside and
senselessly rape and plunder new virgin territory for the sake of being able to claim it as a new
"prize"... Shame on you.
--
Westie

Status
Not open for further replies.