odometer

wmags

Jul 25, 2004
I'm trying to calculate my wheel size for a new odometer. My tire size is 26x2.10. What is the diameter in millimeters?

fushman said:
or just know one inche is 2.54 cm

I don't trust those calculations.

What i do is go down to a velodrome or running track, or anything with the distance merasured out, and check the accuracy by making sure the distance is correct.

nutbag said:
I don't trust those calculations.

What i do is go down to a velodrome or running track, or anything with the distance merasured out, and check the accuracy by making sure the distance is correct.

its one thing to test the actual cicumfrence but its silly not to trust metric to std conversions i use em all the time at work and hold plenty tite tolerances no prob

fushman said:
its one thing to test the actual cicumfrence but its silly not to trust metric to std conversions i use em all the time at work and hold plenty tite tolerances no prob

Yeah, I shouldn't have said that :)

What I really meant is that I don't trust some Cateye instructions that say "our calculations determine that you should enter '210' for wheel size if you have a 700c wheel", because I've found them to be slightly out.

nutbag said:
Yeah, I shouldn't have said that :)

What I really meant is that I don't trust some Cateye instructions that says "our calculations determine that you should enter '210' for wheel size if you have a 700c wheel", because I've found them to be slightly out.

ya each tires prolly a lil diff it makes sense but its a lot faster to just use the preset sizes saves a min or two

I was just tryin to help as a lot of U.S. people dont know what to use to convert to metric right off the top of their head

TechJD said:
I was just tryin to help as a lot of U.S. people dont know what to use to convert to metric right off the top of their head

tehy should learn tho its easy enough

It's strange, you "Yanks" are happy to use millimeters, and grams, up to a point, but you always refer to frame and bike weights in pounds :)

nutbag said:
It's strange, you "Yanks" are happy to use millimeters, and grams, up to a point, but you always refer to frame and bike weights in pounds :)

lol what can I say we seem to be a lazy lot huh lol
well if more used something like my converter then maybe they'd start
thinkin about it more :) and maybe even learn

I made it and dont know the metric system very well but the more I use it to convert the more I'm noticing what I remember :)

TechJD said:
lol what can I say we seem to be a lazy lot huh lol
well if more used something like my converter then maybe they'd start
thinkin about it more :) and maybe even learn

I made it and dont know the metric system very well but the more I use it to convert the more I'm noticing what I remember :)

it just comes from use from really knowing what each of one unit is one thing i still dont really know what a degree c is temps gotta be in f im sorry i need to travel mroe

fushman said:
it just comes from use from really knowing what each of one unit is one thing i still dont really know what a degree c is temps gotta be in f im sorry i need to travel mroe

Well, right now in Melbourne (6pm) it's 10 degrees C, which is 50F, so it's BLOODY COLD :)

So, there's a reference: 10C = 50F.....but who really cares?!?!? :D