odometer?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by David, May 11, 2003.

  1. David

    David Guest

    I'd like to have some gizmo to monitor my mileage (20" wheels). I guess it's some kind of
    (detachable) computer nowadays. Two other requirements: reliability and easy battery change
    (standard batteries - like AAA are preferable, but other types are Okay)

    David

    Tags:

  2. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > I'd like to have some gizmo to monitor my mileage (20" wheels). I guess it's some kind of
    > (detachable) computer nowadays. Two other requirements: reliability and easy battery change
    > (standard batteries - like AAA are preferable, but other types are Okay)

    There are a lot of different brands and most work well. I don't think any use AAA batteries. I think
    they all use watch or hearing aid batteries, which are lightweight, compact, inexpensive, and last a
    long time.

  3. Jake Bellows

    Jake Bellows Guest

    most models will hold a coin battery like a cr2032 - which is the same size battery that your likely
    to find in your car remote, or on your computer's motherboard. Check out www.cateye.com for some
    computers (proper term) for your bicycle. The most basic models will give you much more than just
    basic miles, expect to pay around $25.

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... I'd
    like to have some gizmo to monitor my mileage (20" wheels). I guess it's some kind of (detachable)
    computer nowadays. Two other requirements: reliability and easy battery change (standard batteries -
    like AAA are preferable, but other types are Okay)

    David

  4. Fritz M

    Fritz M Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Two other requirements: reliability and easy battery change (standard batteries - like AAA are
    > preferable, but other types are Okay)

    Re-think the easy battery change requirement. Batteries on cyclocomputers last for multiple years. I
    had a Cateye purchased in 1990 or so that I finally had to replace the battery on two years ago.
    (lost the Cateye in a move last year).

    RFM
    --
    To reply, translate domain from l33+ 2p33|< to alpha. 4=a 0=o 3=e +=t