OE Vapor/1st impressions

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bentbiker, May 23, 2003.

  1. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    just received my USS Organic Engines Vapor yesterday, and i'm still tinkering and dialing it in.
    Initial impressions:
    1. high quality and unique bike 2. very nice workmanship and powder coat [metallic cobalt blue] is
    very nice also. 3. new remote linkage USS, nicest i've seen, HIGHLY adjustable in many planes
    This makes right around 50 different bents i've owned since the late eighties, and the OE mesh
    seat is my favorite, i've dealt with Dan on other odds and ends, so I figured it was time to try
    a Vapor [rode a Triclops at the BROL ride] i'll be riding and evaluating this bike over the
    summer, with a potential article about Organic Engines/Dan/Vapor for a fall issue. If anyone
    would like to see a picture of the bike, let me know, i'd be happy to forward one.
    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Scott

    Scott Guest

    bentbiker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > just received my USS Organic Engines Vapor yesterday, and i'm still tinkering and dialing it in.
    > Initial impressions:
    > 1. high quality and unique bike 2. very nice workmanship and powder coat [metallic cobalt blue] is
    > very nice also. 3. new remote linkage USS, nicest i've seen, HIGHLY adjustable in many planes
    > This makes right around 50 different bents i've owned since the late eighties, and the OE mesh
    > seat is my favorite, i've dealt with Dan on other odds and ends, so I figured it was time to
    > try a Vapor [rode a Triclops at the BROL ride] i'll be riding and evaluating this bike over the
    > summer, with a potential article about Organic Engines/Dan/Vapor for a fall issue. If anyone
    > would like to see a picture of the bike, let me know, i'd be happy to forward one.
    > [email protected]

    Hi, Bentbiker: I'd love to see some pics. Could you post a link to some for the NG? Besides some
    general views, it would be nice to see some detail shots of the steering setup. Congrats. I keep
    hearing that Dan makes great stuff. I've always wanted a now discontinued Daisymayhem for my wife
    and me. And do that article!

    Scott

  3. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    Scott, i'd be happy to post some detailed pictures, if I just can figure out where to post them with
    out a huge hassle!

    Scott wrote:
    > bentbiker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>just received my USS Organic Engines Vapor yesterday, and i'm still tinkering and dialing it in.
    >>Initial impressions:
    >>1. high quality and unique bike 2. very nice workmanship and powder coat [metallic cobalt blue] is
    >> very nice also. 3. new remote linkage USS, nicest i've seen, HIGHLY adjustable in many planes
    >> This makes right around 50 different bents i've owned since the late eighties, and the OE mesh
    >> seat is my favorite, i've dealt with Dan on other odds and ends, so I figured it was time to
    >> try a Vapor [rode a Triclops at the BROL ride] i'll be riding and evaluating this bike over the
    >> summer, with a potential article about Organic Engines/Dan/Vapor for a fall issue. If anyone
    >> would like to see a picture of the bike, let me know, i'd be happy to forward one.
    >> [email protected]
    >

    > Hi, Bentbiker: I'd love to see some pics. Could you post a link to some for the NG? Besides some
    > general views, it would be nice to see some detail shots of the steering setup. Congrats. I keep
    > hearing that Dan makes great stuff. I've always wanted a now discontinued Daisymayhem for my wife
    > and me. And do that article!
    >
    > Scott

  4. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    ps. maybe Bryan Ball would be kind enough to post them in the STP section of BROL, he did the RANS
    rocket USS conversion pictures for me there prior

    Scott wrote:
    > bentbiker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>just received my USS Organic Engines Vapor yesterday, and i'm still tinkering and dialing it in.
    >>Initial impressions:
    >>1. high quality and unique bike 2. very nice workmanship and powder coat [metallic cobalt blue] is
    >> very nice also. 3. new remote linkage USS, nicest i've seen, HIGHLY adjustable in many planes
    >> This makes right around 50 different bents i've owned since the late eighties, and the OE mesh
    >> seat is my favorite, i've dealt with Dan on other odds and ends, so I figured it was time to
    >> try a Vapor [rode a Triclops at the BROL ride] i'll be riding and evaluating this bike over the
    >> summer, with a potential article about Organic Engines/Dan/Vapor for a fall issue. If anyone
    >> would like to see a picture of the bike, let me know, i'd be happy to forward one.
    >> [email protected]
    >

    > Hi, Bentbiker: I'd love to see some pics. Could you post a link to some for the NG? Besides some
    > general views, it would be nice to see some detail shots of the steering setup. Congrats. I keep
    > hearing that Dan makes great stuff. I've always wanted a now discontinued Daisymayhem for my wife
    > and me. And do that article!
    >
    > Scott

  5. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Here's a link to a pretty good, free photo service. I've used it myself before and it doesn't seem
    too hard to use. Maybe it will work for you.

    http://community.webshots.com/

    Regards, Scott