Of All The Rock Bands,

Originally Posted by danfoz .
The broad deserves it. What? No one grew up in the 80's?
if we are commemorating commericial success, sure. or pop success like the beach boys enjoyed.

would i put her music in the same league as the clash or the who? not really. if anything, i would credit the producers who arranged and mixed her work.

I credit the hard work of anyone making their own success happen. And choosing the right people to work with in what ever areas one is deficient can be just as important. The Clash were in another league altogether. Go straight to hell boys. Magnificent seven. Police on my back. Masters...

i remember David Lee Roth saying: the only band drinking ice tea from a jack daniels bottle would be, the clash

vspa said:
i remember David Lee Roth saying: the only band drinking ice tea from a jack daniels bottle would be, the clash
He was confused and distracted because busy trying to find out what happened to his career.
danfox said:
The broad deserves it. What? No one grew up in the 80's?
I did, and I distinctly remember ignoring her as much as possible. In the history of female rock, you can't even see Madonna in the shadow of Kathleen Hanna. [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WreQbMlFEjU[/video]

Originally Posted by alienator .

In the history of female rock, you can't even see Madonna in the shadow of Kathleen Hanna.
lene lovich, alison moyet, lori eastside, et. al. of the lesser known. and how then to compare madonna to actual song writers like exene or chrissie hynde? or the voice of annie lennox? the humour of patty donahue of the waitresses? the humour of julie brown mocking madonna? madonna, in my opinion, will always be the most successful knock-off female artist, in league with the like of george michael et. al.

Sex Pistols. Only one studio album!! But I suppose having just one 'real' album adds to their crash and burn image

Lou Reed of the Velvet Underground and the Chambers Brothers(Time Has Come Today). Both go back a ways. By the way the Chambers Brothers were gyped out of a lot of royalties.Recently Lester Chambers was living out of his car for awhile. While the record companies got rich. Not the first ones this happened to.

Originally Posted by roundnround
Recently Lester Chambers was living out of his car for awhile. While the record companies got rich. Not the first ones this happened to.
It's amazing how many bands live on scraps waiting for their ship to come in. I recently watched a documentary on Judas Priest and they were pretty much doing the same thing before almost throwing in the towel. Imagine all the quality headbanging I would have been deprived of as a teenager ;P

Originally Posted by 531Aussie
Sex Pistols. Only one studio album!! But I suppose having just one 'real' album adds to their crash and burn image
"ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

I wish James Murphy had kept LCD Soundsystem around for more than 3 albums.

It would have been nice if Jeff Buckley hadn't committed death by stupid.

I'd be happy if Soul Coughing had been able to tolerate each other for more than 3 albums.