Of course, he's just a prologue specialist...



R

RicodJour

Guest
On Jul 10, 3:05 pm, Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:

Why are you going on about David Millar? Stick with the current stage
please.

Uber-rouleur Cancellara rocks!

R
 
B

Bill C

Guest
On Jul 10, 3:19 pm, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jul 10, 3:05 pm, Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Why are you going on about David Millar? Stick with the current stage
> please.
>
> Uber-rouleur Cancellara rocks!
>
> R


That was one sweet move by Cancellara. He definitely has guts, and it
was brilliant opportunism.
Bill C
 
On Jul 10, 11:05 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> The maillot jaune attacking like that and taking the stage is one for
> the ages.
>
> I love the TdF.


He attacked on the cobbles! Actually, in his interview, he said that
he did a mini Carrefour de l'Arbre move, and he was psyched at winning
at the start of Paris-Roubaix.

-ilan
 
M

Mike Jacoubowsky

Guest
> The maillot jaune attacking like that and taking the stage is one for
> the ages.
>
> I love the TdF.


During the Lance era, it became popular to put down the TdF as being
over-hyped and deserving of much less attention than it got. All of cycling,
it seemed, was all about Lance and the 'Tour. Oh, and Lafferty.

But we're now 2 years past Lance, and perhaps watching the beginning of one
of the most-watchable bike races in years. Many of us assumed this would be
a depressing Tour to watch, with all the publicity about doping
overshadowing the riders. But somebody forgot to tell the riders. They spent
the early season tuning themselves up and working hard to make sure they'd
got a spot on the 'Tour team. They are giving us their best.

The 'Tour is dead. Long live the 'Tour!

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA
 
R

RicodJour

Guest
On Jul 10, 7:13 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > The maillot jaune attacking like that and taking the stage is one for
> > the ages.

>
> > I love the TdF.

>
> During the Lance era, it became popular to put down the TdF as being
> over-hyped and deserving of much less attention than it got. All of cycling,
> it seemed, was all about Lance and the 'Tour. Oh, and Lafferty.
>
> But we're now 2 years past Lance, and perhaps watching the beginning of one
> of the most-watchable bike races in years. Many of us assumed this would be
> a depressing Tour to watch, with all the publicity about doping
> overshadowing the riders. But somebody forgot to tell the riders. They spent
> the early season tuning themselves up and working hard to make sure they'd
> got a spot on the 'Tour team. They are giving us their best.
>
> The 'Tour is dead. Long live the 'Tour!


Well, I don't mind pointing out that I'm full of ****. I was bitching
about a slow race, and than the break _almost_ makes it after a couple
hundred klicks off the front, only to have the maillot johnny give an
old-fashioned smack down on _everybody_. I was just praying there
wouldn't be another neutralized-due-to-crash ending. Most excellent
day.

R
 
D

Dan Connelly

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> On Jul 10, 11:05 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>> The maillot jaune attacking like that and taking the stage is one for
>> the ages.
>>
>> I love the TdF.

>
> He attacked on the cobbles! Actually, in his interview, he said that
> he did a mini Carrefour de l'Arbre move, and he was psyched at winning
> at the start of Paris-Roubaix.
>
> -ilan


He's now won Waregem to Campiegne, and Campiegne to Roubaix. Gent next?

Dan