Of course, where else?

Nancy Young

Guest
I was looking through the Easter candy looking for those
speckled malted eggs? Love them. Haven't seen them.
Who cares.

What do I see? Something I've been keeping an eye out for.
Little something I'm quite fond of, one of the nostalgia things
for me.

Fox's U-Bet. For egg creams. Wow I love those, and you
just gotta have the Fox's U-Bet. Of *course* ... why would
I look by the chocolate syrup, it's by the *Easter* candy.

Silly girl, I should have known.

Just kidding around, I guess it was more towards the Jewish
? Passover candy? Fruit slices, other stuff? I don't think of
Fox's as an especially Jewish thing, next time I'll look in that
area of the store.

nancy

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:38:08 -0500, "Nancy Young"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I was looking through the Easter candy looking for those
>speckled malted eggs? Love them.

Be careful Nancy...we can't offend anybody...

......from Neal Boortz

NOW ITS EASTER IN THE CROSSHAIRS

One of the people who works in the St. Paul City Council offices
brought a fuzzy little Easter bunny and some colored words to work,
They were displayed with a "Happy Easter" sign. Well, you can easily
guess what happened next. Someone complained, and now the order has
been issued. No Easter decorations. Tyrone Terrill is the St. Paul
Human Rights director. He issued the order ... 86 the Easter
decorations because they "could be offensive to non-Christians."

Oh, the humanity!

There is no way that posting a "Happy Easter" sign or putting a fuzzy
bunny on your desk can be considered to be passing a law "respecting
an establishment of religion." Posting the sign does not establish a
religion, it merely recognizes one, Christianity. It seems, though,
that the politically correct crowd is determined that wording of the
1st Amendment be changed to read "Neither the congress, nor any
government subdivision thereof, shall take any action, or allow any
action to be taken on any property owned or controlled by the
government, that shall recognize the existence of any religion." This
is not what our Constitution requires, but it is most certainly what
the left desires.

Ever look for Chapstick in a drug store? That's the scavenger hunt I'd
rather not relive. As far as I can tell, it's kept in eight different
places. There's some by the pharmacy cash register (the medicated
stuff, like Blistix), some by the toothpaste (your unflavored
Chapsticks), some by the candy (cherry, coconut, mint -- aren't those
Target's Choxie flavors?), and some on the ends of the detergent aisle
(some kind of promotional sale).

Naturally the cheapest, impulse-buy ones are up by the registers. (Be
prepared to yell, "NO, I *AIN'T* CUTTING IN LINE, *****!" while you're
browsing through those.)

"Ward Abbott" <[email protected]> wrote

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:38:08 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I was looking through the Easter candy looking for those
>>speckled malted eggs? Love them.

> Be careful Nancy...we can't offend anybody...
>
> .....from Neal Boortz
>
> NOW ITS EASTER IN THE CROSSHAIRS

Ooops! (visibly pale and shaking) I meant, um ... that
egg shaped candy you see in the springtime when people
like to eat ham and lamb? and chocolate animal shaped
things (must not say r****t) ... when everyone buys
marshmallow things with scary crunch sugar coating that is
shaped somewhat like baby chickens?

Oh, I'd better stop. Thanks for the heads up.

nancy

<[email protected]> wrote

> Ever look for Chapstick in a drug store? That's the scavenger hunt I'd
> rather not relive. As far as I can tell, it's kept in eight different
> places. There's some by the pharmacy cash register (the medicated
> stuff, like Blistix), some by the toothpaste (your unflavored
> Chapsticks), some by the candy (cherry, coconut, mint -- aren't those
> Target's Choxie flavors?), and some on the ends of the detergent aisle
> (some kind of promotional sale).

(laugh) Yes, actually, many times. One time I was going to a wedding,
dressed up, heels, really didn't feel like running around the store but I
really did want Blistex. Walk walk walk (it's getting late for the wedding)
can't find it. Finally I decide to ask someone. Cashier is busy, but there
are two people at the photo counter having a chat.

I walked over, I'm looking for Blistex? like how dumb to ask at a photo
counter, I don't even know if those people even work for the drugstore. Had
to ask twice, she said, Right here. Huh? I swear, my nose was practically
touching the display. Heh heh, thank you.

Next time you need Chapstick? Check by the photo desk.

nancy

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Be careful Nancy...we can't offend anybody...
>
> .....from Neal Boortz
>
> NOW ITS EASTER IN THE CROSSHAIRS
>
> One of the people who works in the St. Paul City Council offices
> brought a fuzzy little Easter bunny and some colored words to work,
> They were displayed with a "Happy Easter" sign. Well, you can easily
> guess what happened next. Someone complained, and now the order has
> been issued. No Easter decorations. Tyrone Terrill is the St. Paul
> Human Rights director. He issued the order ... 86 the Easter
> decorations because they "could be offensive to non-Christians."
>
> Oh, the humanity!
>
> There is no way that posting a "Happy Easter" sign or putting a fuzzy
> bunny on your desk can be considered to be passing a law "respecting
> an establishment of religion." Posting the sign does not establish a
> religion, it merely recognizes one, Christianity. It seems, though,
> that the politically correct crowd is determined that wording of the
> 1st Amendment be changed to read "Neither the congress, nor any
> government subdivision thereof, shall take any action, or allow any
> action to be taken on any property owned or controlled by the
> government, that shall recognize the existence of any religion." This
> is not what our Constitution requires, but it is most certainly what
> the left desires.

Good for Terrill! A lot of Americans are sick of christians trying to
shove their religion down everyone's throat. Freedom of religion also
means freedom FROM religion. No, these individuals were not intending to
be offensive or pushy, but the effect on others may not be what they
expected. Can you imagine the outcry from the christian right morons if
there were a Hindu or Buddhist display in a government office?

For hundrends of years a favorite easter activity among christians was
to harrass, beat up, and murder Jews because of the fatuous myth that
they killed Jesus. To some people that's what easter means.

And anyway, fuzzy bunnies and candy and other commmon easter decorations
should be most offensive to any true christian. The most sacred
christian holiday (all fantasy of course but the believers don't realize
that), the most central part of christian dogma, and it's celebrated
with bunnies and sugar?

Peter Aitken

Ward wrote:

> One of the people who works in the St. Paul City Council offices
> brought a fuzzy little Easter bunny and some colored words to work,
> They were displayed with a "Happy Easter" sign. Well, you can easily
> guess what happened next. Someone complained, and now the order has
> been issued. No Easter decorations. Tyrone Terrill is the St. Paul
> Human Rights director. He issued the order ... 86 the Easter
> decorations because they "could be offensive to non-Christians."

Seems to me that living in a city named "St. Paul" could be offensive to
non-Christians. Maybe it should be renamed "Paul City" to avoid wounding
those delicate sensibilities.

Bob

On Thu 23 Mar 2006 05:33:01p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Bob
Terwilliger?

> Ward wrote:
>
>> One of the people who works in the St. Paul City Council offices
>> brought a fuzzy little Easter bunny and some colored words to work,
>> They were displayed with a "Happy Easter" sign. Well, you can easily
>> guess what happened next. Someone complained, and now the order has
>> been issued. No Easter decorations. Tyrone Terrill is the St. Paul
>> Human Rights director. He issued the order ... 86 the Easter
>> decorations because they "could be offensive to non-Christians."

> Seems to me that living in a city named "St. Paul" could be offensive to
> non-Christians. Maybe it should be renamed "Paul City" to avoid wounding
> those delicate sensibilities.

Then shouldn't all US cities beginning with "Saint" or "Santa" be renamed?
We wouldn't want to offend non-Christians anywhere, would we?

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o

BIOYA