Of R*** and other mad buggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

W K

Only ever seen one R***** in my life before, and that was on a footpath on "the south bank" (music
starts in my head [don't worry I'm not a frequent visitor to such hostile environments]). But, I saw
two in this last week...

Headed off to Oban last Saturday, spotted a R****** at a junction. Then, as we got further on, what
looked like many audax bikes, with well over 50% of them with hub dynamos - got to mean some serious
long distance insanity. I presume this is the daylight 600. (Wheres that from/to ... was it
edinburgh to fort william?). Although the guys with the hub dynamos where about 10-20 miles ahead of
the recumbent.

Less interestingly, saw another get off a ferry in skye. Was standing about with a bunch of scousers
doing the end to end the wrong way round on various flat barred machines like dawes discoveries
[EOtB was sure one of them was lilly savage].

They were surprised that anyone would have a recumbent, and more so that someone else had considered
it. (a *cough* friend, of course).

I have a RECUMBENT.

it is nice to ride. "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Only ever seen one R***** in my life before, and that was on a footpath on "the south bank" (music
> starts in my head [don't worry I'm not a frequent visitor to such hostile environments]). But, I
> saw two in this last week...
>
> Headed off to Oban last Saturday, spotted a R****** at a junction. Then,
as
> we got further on, what looked like many audax bikes, with well over 50%
of
> them with hub dynamos - got to mean some serious long distance insanity.
I
> presume this is the daylight 600. (Wheres that from/to ... was it
edinburgh
> to fort william?). Although the guys with the hub dynamos where about 10-20 miles ahead of the
> recumbent.
>
> Less interestingly, saw another get off a ferry in skye. Was standing about with a bunch of
> scousers doing the end to end the wrong way round on various flat barred machines like dawes
> discoveries [EOtB was sure one of them was lilly savage].
>
> They were surprised that anyone would have a recumbent, and more so that someone else had
> considered it. (a *cough* friend, of course).

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:11:13 +0000 (UTC), "W K" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Only ever seen one R***** in my life before

Go to the York Rally, then - there were dozens of us there :)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of downtime
between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same equipment on
the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Just meeeeeee. wrote:

> I have a RECUMBENT.

Shh! Don't mention That Which Must Not Be Named! Do you have a lightning-shaped scar on
your head? ;-)

--
Daniel Auger - [email protected] (Please remove Granta to get a valid address.)

We shall take over the world woo hahahahha woo hahahahah

--
Hardcore... ......inert, largely useless bricks

Status
Not open for further replies.