Of R*** and other mad buggers.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by W K, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. W K

    W K Guest

    Only ever seen one R***** in my life before, and that was on a footpath on "the south bank" (music
    starts in my head [don't worry I'm not a frequent visitor to such hostile environments]). But, I saw
    two in this last week...

    Headed off to Oban last Saturday, spotted a R****** at a junction. Then, as we got further on, what
    looked like many audax bikes, with well over 50% of them with hub dynamos - got to mean some serious
    long distance insanity. I presume this is the daylight 600. (Wheres that from/to ... was it
    edinburgh to fort william?). Although the guys with the hub dynamos where about 10-20 miles ahead of
    the recumbent.

    Less interestingly, saw another get off a ferry in skye. Was standing about with a bunch of scousers
    doing the end to end the wrong way round on various flat barred machines like dawes discoveries
    [EOtB was sure one of them was lilly savage].

    They were surprised that anyone would have a recumbent, and more so that someone else had considered
    it. (a *cough* friend, of course).

    Tags:

  2. I have a RECUMBENT.

    it is nice to ride. "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Only ever seen one R***** in my life before, and that was on a footpath on "the south bank" (music
    > starts in my head [don't worry I'm not a frequent visitor to such hostile environments]). But, I
    > saw two in this last week...
    >
    > Headed off to Oban last Saturday, spotted a R****** at a junction. Then,
    as
    > we got further on, what looked like many audax bikes, with well over 50%
    of
    > them with hub dynamos - got to mean some serious long distance insanity.
    > presume this is the daylight 600. (Wheres that from/to ... was it
    edinburgh
    > to fort william?). Although the guys with the hub dynamos where about 10-20 miles ahead of the
    > recumbent.
    >
    > Less interestingly, saw another get off a ferry in skye. Was standing about with a bunch of
    > scousers doing the end to end the wrong way round on various flat barred machines like dawes
    > discoveries [EOtB was sure one of them was lilly savage].
    >
    > They were surprised that anyone would have a recumbent, and more so that someone else had
    > considered it. (a *cough* friend, of course).

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:11:13 +0000 (UTC), "W K" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Only ever seen one R***** in my life before

    Go to the York Rally, then - there were dozens of us there :)

    Guy
    ===

  4. Daniel Auger

    Daniel Auger Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Just meeeeeee. wrote:

    > I have a RECUMBENT.

    Shh! Don't mention That Which Must Not Be Named! Do you have a lightning-shaped scar on
    your head? ;-)

    --
    Daniel Auger - [email protected] (Please remove Granta to get a valid address.)

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    "Daniel Auger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...

    > > I have a RECUMBENT.

    > Shh! Don't mention That Which Must Not Be Named! Do you have a lightning-shaped scar on your
    > head? ;-)

    We are the DF eaters!

    --
    Guy
    ===

    http://www.chapmancentral.com

  6. We shall take over the world woo hahahahha woo hahahahah

    --
    Hardcore... ......inert, largely useless bricks