of recumbent cycling and voting

He who loves harmonicas

Guest
Two big issues for the year.

I'm a big guy. I've gained over a hundred pounds since quitting
smoking about 6 years ago. The problem that I find is that even with
a recumbent tricycle (I ride a Penninger) I run into this pattern,
where I get out and exercise, after a couple of weeks of maintaining
the same amount of exercise, I klunk out. Apparently I overdid it,
lay off for 6 or 7 weeks and then try to get back to exercising again.
I'll readjust downward the amount of exercising I am doing. Go about
the same length of time as before and klunk out.

The second big issue is the upcoming election. I've been pondering
this issue off for several months, and can never remember a
presidential campaign being so contentious in my 52+ years. I've
finally decided what I'm going to do. It's not conventional, but Ok
so no one is perfect. I mean that goes for Presidents of the United
States as well as other folks. But Bush is just spending to much money
for me to be comfortable. I mean $200 billion spent or reserved for
Iraq. Largest deficits ever in the history of the US. True there is
the Iraq thing. I never really agreed with that tax cut that came
across as well. I'm still irritated that he had a civilian running the
war in Iraq as opposed to generals trained in the science/art of
warfare.

So I finally decided on doing a write in vote. I figure if I can
convince two other people to do a write in vote for the same people as
myself. And if those 2 people each convince two other people, and if
that goes on 30 more times then, these two write in candidates will
win the election.

So here they are:

For President: Colin Powell, who is currently our Secretary of State.
A career warrior, who has had to deal responsibly with budgets, and
obviously well versed in foreign policy, and who better to deal with
an insurgency action we are seeing in Iraq.

For Vice President: Eliot Spitzer, New York's Attorney General. This
guy has probably more so then any other person made headway against
corporate abuses. He has taken on the stock market research firms of
Wall Street, the mutual fund industry, is taking on the insurance
industry, and is starting to look real hard at the music industry.

Anyhow, think about it and pass it on.

Have a Great Day,
Jim

Exercise, be it physical or intellectual, must be a way of life in order to
be effective in reducing 'fat' or fat-headedness'. Be right in being
lean-and-mean rather than 'nice'.

He that hesitates to offend cannot speak the truth. The conspiracy of
ignorance masquerades as common sense.

Doug Huffman, Dockside, Charleston

GEORGE BUSH NEEDS TO GIVE IT UP
HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO HELP THIS COUNTRY,USA, JUST ASK YOURSELF,ARE YOU BETTER
OFF NOW THAN YOU WERE FOUR YEARS AGO.
AND BY THE WAY WHERE IS MY HEALTH INSURANCE THAT HE SAID WE WILL ALL HAVE
BEFORE HIS TERM ENDS?
SO HE CAN GO **** OFF NOW AND HIDE

"Dontvoteforbush3" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GEORGE BUSH NEEDS TO GIVE IT UP
> HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO HELP THIS COUNTRY,USA, JUST ASK YOURSELF,ARE YOU
> BETTER
> OFF NOW THAN YOU WERE FOUR YEARS AGO.
> AND BY THE WAY WHERE IS MY HEALTH INSURANCE THAT HE SAID WE WILL ALL HAVE
> BEFORE HIS TERM ENDS?
> SO HE CAN GO **** OFF NOW AND HIDE

Mr. Sherman will no doubt like to join hands with this wonderful example of
an American intellectual. You are more than welcome to him. But in any
event, now we can clearly see what is one of the chief pitfalls of
democracy. If I had my way, only those who could prove they had a brain in
their heads would be allowed to vote.

By the way, when you capitalize everything, then nothing stands out.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota