# of Triathlons

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Mark, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Assuming that the tri season is May-September (October), how many triathlons/ month do people
    generally participate in? I realize that people train for key events like IM Canada or whatever,
    however, I know that people also use the smaller tri's as training. I am curious to know just how
    many people participate in and how many they take "seriously" as opposed to how many are training
    sessions. Thanks for all the insight I have received to my other posts!!! Mark

    Tags:

  2. Mike Tennent

    Mike Tennent Guest

    "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Assuming that the tri season is May-September (October), how many triathlons/ month do people
    >generally participate in? I realize that people train for key events like IM Canada or whatever,
    >however, I know that people also use the smaller tri's as training. I am curious to know just how
    >many people participate in and how many they take "seriously" as opposed to how many are training
    >sessions. Thanks for all the insight I have received to my other posts!!! Mark

    As crazy as it sounds, I only did three triathlons last year. One was a sprint, the other two
    were Ironmans.

    I don't imagine that's typical. <g>

    Seriously, one of my problems is that spring and fall weekends are often taken up in business trips
    to model railroad shows, and they seem to always conflict with races. So I train, but don't race.

    Mike Tennent "IronPenguin"

  3. M Kochanski

    M Kochanski Guest

    Wow, people are doing a lot of racing!

    I do as many as my pocketbook can afford. Last year that was 2 sprints and an IM. In '03, it's one
    1/2 IM and one IM, maybe a sprint or an Oly.

    MK

    "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Assuming that the tri season is May-September (October), how many triathlons/ month do people
    > generally participate in? I realize that people train for key events like IM Canada or whatever,
    > however, I know that people also use the smaller tri's as training. I am curious to know just how
    > many people participate in and how many they take "seriously" as opposed to how many are training
    > sessions. Thanks for all the insight I have received to my other posts!!! Mark

  4. Chris Maginn

    Chris Maginn Guest

    3 races doesn't sound like much....oh wait..an IM race easily counts as 4-5 shorter distance races
    in terms of time cost of training and the overall cost of doing the race (esp if you are traveling
    to the venue). Sounds to me like you've got a full plate in '03. Happy training.

    news:<[email protected]>...