Off-duty cop pulls gun on cyclist in road rage incident

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Off-duty cop pulls gun on cyclist in road rage incident A CYCLIST claims an off-duty NYPD cop pulled a gun on him after the two nearly collided in the West Village, the New York Post reported. Ryan Stepka, 36, filed a complaint early Sunday at the 6th Precinct station house.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said, "the matter is being investigated." Mr Stepka said the incident began on Bleecker Street near Sixth Avenue around 11:00pm Saturday when he placed his arm on the window of a black Volkswagen that almost swerved into him.

About a block later, the motorist pulled in front of Mr Stepka, again almost hitting him. "That’s when I got off my bike and approached the window to talk to the guy," Mr Stepka said. As the tinted windows rolled down, Mr Stepka said he saw the gun pointed directly at him.

Read more:
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/off-duty-cop-pulls-gun-in-road-rage-incident/story-e6frfku0-1225940179841 http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/claim_nypd_officer_pulls_gun_on_4AfXY1eH8pccQV6zHqK3XL

If the cyclist did a 'typical' run stop signs and stop lights without actually stopping, then pity the cop for not doing us all a favor and not blowing his brains out...

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

If the cyclist did a 'typical' run stop signs and stop lights without actually stopping, then pity the cop for not doing us all a favor and not blowing his brains out...

HAHA funny /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

One thing that really pisses me off about a fair number of cyclists, especially here in the San Francisco Bay Area is that pretty much all the folks I've seen riding at busy junctions just look for cars and if it's clear will blast through red lights or fail to come to a complete stop at a stop sign...

... but God forbid that a car fails to make a complete stop and something happens to a cyclist.

I'm all for everyone being safe but alot of cyclists are hypocritical f**ks. How do they expect to gain respect when they don't respect the laws that they're supposed to follow?

Then there's the Critical Mass folks. If there was ever a good use for a M2 Browning machine gun just mounted on the back of a truck with a few thousand rounds, Critical Mass is it...

Reactions: steve
Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

If the cop had done that, he should be charged with murder. Because, The cyclist would not be threatening the officers' life. But, In the hostility towards cyclists', the officer would probably have only been given a reprimand not to do it again.

Regardless of that, there is absolutely no reason to condone killing someone, for any reason.

Quote:Originally Posted by Chris0516 .

If the cop had done that, he should be charged with murder.  Because, The cyclist would not be threatening the officers' life.  But, In the hostility towards cyclists', the officer would probably have only been given a reprimand not to do it again.

Regardless of that, there is absolutely no reason to condone killing someone, for any reason.

Murder for killing someone? Really? Who da thunk it. I'd peg it down to justifiable homicide with a complete suspension of all charges for a Dawinistic cleansing of the gene pool.

What we should do is place cyclists who consistently run stop signs and red lights on a trike with feet and hands firmly attached and front forks welded to the straight ahead position. Take them to the top of a steep hill that has an exceedingly busy 6 lane highway full of big trucks all driven by people who know what's going to happen... See if the cyclist doesn't mind running the stop sign now. Not too convenient for you now is it, bucko?