Off road dual suspension

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by steve_18798, Apr 10, 2007.

1. steve_18798

steve_18798 New Member

Just wondering what a good bike needs for dual suspension. Websites with pics would be of great help. Im looking for a new dual suspension bike for multiple uses off road and need some help in deciding whether to get a dual suspension or just keep using a front suspension bike. Will be trying to do some serious off roading in near future.

Tags:

2. Rockslayer

Rockslayer New Member

For some reviews go to mtbr.com Most reviews have the standard photo of the bike. I found the best thing was to read reviews online or magazines. I would suggest pay attention to comments from people doing similar riding style you wish to pursue. Often bikes get negative feedback simply because they have bought the wrong bike. The biggest differences would be the travel on of the rear suspension requiree thus the decision between XC, All mountain, (Freeride?) or DH and finding a bike to suit you. By "serious offroad" you probably mean XC or not?

3. JM01

JM01 New Member

We do a lot of XC and asphalt riding and we all have full suspension, hardtail, and flat bar hybrid bikes that see a lot of use...for "serious" XC my wife, daughter, and me ride these: