Off Road Night Riding

mtbrider

Jul 5, 2003
I've been off road night riding for about 4 years (as well as riding in daylight!), and have come across/used several types of light. I've been using a Cateye Stadium for the last 2 winters and they're great! Several of my biking mates now have them, and they all share the same opinion. Recently, I've seen even more expensive lights by other manufacturers - anyone any opinions on anything better than Stadiums.
If you haven't tried night off roading, you haven't lived - we ride one evening every week, (even in the winter, with up to 3 hour evening rides - and sometimes more if we get lost!)

The best lights, hands down are Turbo cat lights. The lights are CNC machined aluminium with an amazing white, bright light. They have good run time and are the best light I have ever used. I have used all different types and even tried the home made route until they caught alight but that is a different story. www.turbocat.com Go there and never go back

Originally posted by mtbrider
I've been off road night riding for about 4 years (as well as riding in daylight!), and have come across/used several types of light. I've been using a Cateye Stadium for the last 2 winters and they're great! Several of my biking mates now have them, and they all share the same opinion. Recently, I've seen even more expensive lights by other manufacturers - anyone any opinions on anything better than Stadiums.
If you haven't tried night off roading, you haven't lived - we ride one evening every week, (even in the winter, with up to 3 hour evening rides - and sometimes more if we get lost!)
there is a xenon light out the normal model is only about 700.00 but it has a li ion battery that gives you about 5 hours.
actualy for light a overvolted white halogen will give you more light. but you won't have the run time of a HID light.