Off road tyres for 700c rims?

Steve Watkin

Guest
Do they exist? If so can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks SW

Steve Watkin <[email protected]> wrote:

> Do they exist? If so can anybody point me in the right direction?

Yes they are called 'cyclo-cross' tyres!

Michelin do 2 types a semi-slick and a knobbly, about £15 each.Various others available as well.
See: http://www.paulmilnescycles.btinternet.co.uk/crossstuff.htm

for more deatils.(Paul Milnes is a real good dealer as well)

HTH Alan.

--
Change the 'minus' to 'plus' to reply by e-mail. http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road Cycling in the
North Midlands.

On Thu, 29 May 2003 18:03:43 -0400, A Lee wrote:

> Steve Watkin <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Do they exist? If so can anybody point me in the right direction?
>
> Yes they are called 'cyclo-cross' tyres!

aka '29 inch' mtb tires. bruce gordon sells rock 'n road 700x45 knobby, other co's have 700 tires
w/very aggressive mtb tread, much wider than 'cross [700x32, 700x35 typ.] as well.

"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Do they exist? If so can anybody point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks SW

I use Specialized Crossroads (700c x 38mm) on my hybrid/commuter (5yr old Marin Larkspur) they have
a smooth centre ridge and knobbles so are a reasonable compromise between on + off road (and have
kevlar lining so are relatively puncture resistant).

I use them for commuting (9miles on road, 1mile off road) and light/medium off road trails, they do
the job quite nicley as long as its not too muddy :)

Doug

Can you get these in the UK?