Off road tyres for 700c rims?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Steve Watkin, May 29, 2003.

  1. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Do they exist? If so can anybody point me in the right direction?

    Thanks SW

    Tags:

  2. A Lee

    A Lee Guest

    Steve Watkin <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Do they exist? If so can anybody point me in the right direction?

    Yes they are called 'cyclo-cross' tyres!

    Michelin do 2 types a semi-slick and a knobbly, about £15 each.Various others available as well.
    See: http://www.paulmilnescycles.btinternet.co.uk/crossstuff.htm

    for more deatils.(Paul Milnes is a real good dealer as well)

    HTH Alan.

    --
    Change the 'minus' to 'plus' to reply by e-mail. http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road Cycling in the
    North Midlands.

  3. On Thu, 29 May 2003 18:03:43 -0400, A Lee wrote:

    > Steve Watkin <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Do they exist? If so can anybody point me in the right direction?
    >
    > Yes they are called 'cyclo-cross' tyres!

    aka '29 inch' mtb tires. bruce gordon sells rock 'n road 700x45 knobby, other co's have 700 tires
    w/very aggressive mtb tread, much wider than 'cross [700x32, 700x35 typ.] as well.

  4. Doug Steel

    Doug Steel Guest

    "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Do they exist? If so can anybody point me in the right direction?
    >
    > Thanks SW

    I use Specialized Crossroads (700c x 38mm) on my hybrid/commuter (5yr old Marin Larkspur) they have
    a smooth centre ridge and knobbles so are a reasonable compromise between on + off road (and have
    kevlar lining so are relatively puncture resistant).

    I use them for commuting (9miles on road, 1mile off road) and light/medium off road trails, they do
    the job quite nicley as long as its not too muddy :)

    Doug

  5. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Can you get these in the UK?