Off-season maintenance/training

Originally posted by TTer
"max min power" ? Does that mean VO2max power? Over what time interval is that measured, or is that done with an incremental test? :confused:
Its the average power in the last minute of an incremental test(rather than the peak power just before you 'fall off your bike'). As the test was ramped at 20 watts per minute, the max minute power would be ~10 watts less than the peak power (doesn't really matter which one you use). Yes the max min power would occur at the same point as the VO2 max; and so be VO2 max power.
Still, those are some great numbers 2LAP! And you are very light too! What is your height? You must be an amazing climber. I'm about 20KG heavier than you!! I feel a real fat slouch now :D
Thanks, I just wished I trained consistantly rather than the 6 months on 3 months off that I have done for the last 5 years while at Uni. Some of my old training partners have gone on to be elite riders and do pretty well in the premiers. Although I can climb well, some of the big guys give me a run for my money on the flat, partly because my LT is usualy quite low and partly because my power is quite low reletive to frontal surface area. I'm 172 cm tall and my BMI normaly comes out at ~20.
Your current abilities are very impressive. What's your 1-hour TT power roughly? Your starting/base power numbers, at 330W, are excellent too. It sounds like you started from a very good 'base' :D
Not sure of my 1 hour TT power :( as I haven't done one in the lab or on the road for some time (>3 years). I did a 58 min 25 when I was 16. Started from a good BASE, hehehe. Looks like you can have a 'good BASE' without much BASE training!