Off-Season TT Training

jasper808

May 25, 2005
I have just acquired a pretty sweet Cervelo P2P TT bike for the 2008 season and was curious if anyone out there had any good advice for what sort of training I should be doing this time of year. The first TT I am focused on is in Mid-March, but I want to make sure that I am taking to necessary steps in the winter months to make sure I develop enough power. Right now I am about 135 lbs., more of a climber, so the power is lacking a little bit. Any advice would be great.

THX

jasper808 said:
I have just acquired a pretty sweet Cervelo P2P TT bike for the 2008 season and was curious if anyone out there had any good advice for what sort of training I should be doing this time of year. The first TT I am focused on is in Mid-March, but I want to make sure that I am taking to necessary steps in the winter months to make sure I develop enough power. Right now I am about 135 lbs., more of a climber, so the power is lacking a little bit. Any advice would be great.
You're a good candidate for SST based training. Search these forums for that term as well as FTP and 2x20s.

Also make sure you spend some of your weekly training time riding the tt bike in the aero bars to fine tune your position, develop the necessary flexibility and to train your muscles to deliver power from the aero position.

-Dave