Off to Fort William...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, Apr 22, 2003.

  1. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    ...hopefully.

    This weekend, my brother competed in the Southern DH series at Combe Sydenham and won the Expert
    men. More importantly, he finished with 6th fastest time of the day gaining him UCI points and thus
    making him eligible for the World Cup.

    He'll be competing in the 1st round at Fort William, so I'm hoping to go and watch him, but I've got
    to work out travel and accomodation first.

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > ...hopefully.
    >
    > This weekend, my brother competed in the Southern DH series at Combe Sydenham and won the Expert
    > men. More importantly, he finished with 6th fastest time of the day gaining him UCI points and
    > thus making him eligible for the World Cup.
    >
    > He'll be competing in the 1st round at Fort William, so I'm hoping to go and watch him, but I've
    > got to work out travel and accomodation first.

    Have fun, and good luck to him.

    Shaun aRe

  3. On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:28:11 +0200, bomba did issue forth:

    > ...hopefully.
    >
    > This weekend, my brother competed in the Southern DH series at Combe Sydenham and won the Expert
    > men. More importantly, he finished with 6th fastest time of the day gaining him UCI points and
    > thus making him eligible for the World Cup.

    Excellent. Well done t'other Harris person.

    > He'll be competing in the 1st round at Fort William, so I'm hoping to go and watch him, but I've
    > got to work out travel and accomodation first.

    You can kip on my sofa if you want.

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Huw Pritchard wrote:

    >>...hopefully.
    >>
    >>This weekend, my brother competed in the Southern DH series at Combe Sydenham and won the Expert
    >>men. More importantly, he finished with 6th fastest time of the day gaining him UCI points and
    >>thus making him eligible for the World Cup.
    >

    > Excellent. Well done t'other Harris person.

    Yeah, I'm dead proud of him.

    >>He'll be competing in the 1st round at Fort William, so I'm hoping to go and watch him, but I've
    >>got to work out travel and accomodation first.
    >

    > You can kip on my sofa if you want.

    Ooh excellent. It's just round the corner from where you live, isn't it?

    Give or take 500 miles...

  5. On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:18:05 +0200, bomba did issue forth:

    >> You can kip on my sofa if you want.
    >
    > Ooh excellent. It's just round the corner from where you live, isn't it?
    >
    > Give or take 500 miles...

    Could be worse. If I lived in Llanelli it would be an extra 12 miles or so on top of that. I might
    know of somewhere in Cardiff where you can kip if you like?

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Huw Pritchard wrote:

    >>>You can kip on my sofa if you want.
    >>
    >>Ooh excellent. It's just round the corner from where you live, isn't it?
    >>
    >>Give or take 500 miles...
    >

    > Could be worse. If I lived in Llanelli it would be an extra 12 miles or so on top of that. I might
    > know of somewhere in Cardiff where you can kip if you like?

    Very kind of you Huw, but Cardiff is still several hundred miles further away than I'd like. If it's
    all the same to you, I'll take accomodation in the same country as the race...

    (Trying to work out if you're being sarcastic or just confused as to Fort William's location...)

  7. On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:43:10 +0200, bomba did issue forth:

    > (Trying to work out if you're being sarcastic or just confused as to Fort William's location...)

    Come on, I'm bad at geography, but not *that* bad!

  8. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > ...hopefully.
    >
    > This weekend, my brother competed in the Southern DH series at Combe Sydenham and won the Expert
    > men. More importantly, he finished with 6th fastest time of the day gaining him UCI points and
    > thus making him eligible for the World Cup.
    >
    > He'll be competing in the 1st round at Fort William, so I'm hoping to go and watch him, but I've
    > got to work out travel and accomodation first.

    And a camera.

    Congrats to your bro!
    --
    Slacker

  9. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:28:11 +0200, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

    >...hopefully.
    >
    >This weekend, my brother competed in the Southern DH series at Combe Sydenham and won the Expert
    >men. More importantly, he finished with 6th fastest time of the day gaining him UCI points and thus
    >making him eligible for the World Cup.
    >
    >He'll be competing in the 1st round at Fort William, so I'm hoping to go and watch him, but I've
    >got to work out travel and accomodation first.

    Good stuff, best wishes to your bro.

    :-]