Off to register a complaint...

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Tamyka Bell, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    I had an irate, small-truck driver demand I get off the road, while Mark
    and I were waiting side by side at the traffic lights. We were there
    first - it's not like we had pushed through, and there was another lane
    anyway. He told me to get out of the way. I pointed out I was doing
    nothing wrong and I would not move. He said, "Fine, I'll fscking run
    over you," and I pointed out that such behaviour was illegal and would
    result in prosecution. He went on with these two statements for a bit.
    When the lights changed, Mark and I did a very clean, fast take-off.
    Despite the fact that bikes accelerate better than trucks, this guy
    revved it, laid on the horn continually. He sped up until he nearly
    clipped my rear wheel, then slammed on the brakes, and did this
    repeatedly as we crossed the intersection. Once we were across, I could
    move over to let him through... which would have been my intent from the
    start, had he asked. I yelled out to onlookers, "What the -? Did you see
    that? Did I deserve that?" and they looked at me blankly, except for one
    guy who looked pissed off... at me or at the driver? Anyway, it was a
    white truck, probably a Mitsubishi Canter (?) with a tray, 464DEP,
    happened around 0645 this morning at the Logan/Kessels Rd
    intersection... and we caught him before Klumpp Rd. WANKER!

    Tags:

  2. Jock

    Jock Guest

    good luck. Nothing will happen.
    Jock

    "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    |I had an irate, small-truck driver demand I get off the road, while Mark
    | and I were waiting side by side at the traffic lights. We were there
    | first - it's not like we had pushed through, and there was another lane
    | anyway. He told me to get out of the way. I pointed out I was doing
    | nothing wrong and I would not move. He said, "Fine, I'll fscking run
    | over you," and I pointed out that such behaviour was illegal and would
    | result in prosecution. He went on with these two statements for a bit.
    | When the lights changed, Mark and I did a very clean, fast take-off.
    | Despite the fact that bikes accelerate better than trucks, this guy
    | revved it, laid on the horn continually. He sped up until he nearly
    | clipped my rear wheel, then slammed on the brakes, and did this
    | repeatedly as we crossed the intersection. Once we were across, I could
    | move over to let him through... which would have been my intent from the
    | start, had he asked. I yelled out to onlookers, "What the -? Did you see
    | that? Did I deserve that?" and they looked at me blankly, except for one
    | guy who looked pissed off... at me or at the driver? Anyway, it was a
    | white truck, probably a Mitsubishi Canter (?) with a tray, 464DEP,
    | happened around 0645 this morning at the Logan/Kessels Rd
    | intersection... and we caught him before Klumpp Rd. WANKER!

  3. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Jock wrote:

    > good luck. Nothing will happen.
    > Jock

    This is where it comes in handy that there's a certain AFP traffic guy
    who has a crush on me...

    Tam

  4. Jock

    Jock Guest

    well good on you and I hope your beneficial aquaintance delivers on the
    implied assistance. I have written ministerials on a recent incident and so
    far, big fat nothing has happened. Even the court dismissed the case with
    all evidence presented.
    In the law & justice system, Cyclist = 0. It seems apparent that (in this
    case), old motorists must be given the right to maim people through their
    inability to drive safely and the world keeps turning. Even the RTA
    couldn't give a rat's backside.
    Jock

    "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    | Jock wrote:
    | >
    | > good luck. Nothing will happen.
    | > Jock
    |
    | This is where it comes in handy that there's a certain AFP traffic guy
    | who has a crush on me...
    |
    | Tam

  5. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Jock wrote:

    > well good on you and I hope your beneficial aquaintance delivers on the
    > implied assistance. I have written ministerials on a recent incident and so
    > far, big fat nothing has happened. Even the court dismissed the case with
    > all evidence presented.
    > In the law & justice system, Cyclist = 0. It seems apparent that (in this
    > case), old motorists must be given the right to maim people through their
    > inability to drive safely and the world keeps turning. Even the RTA
    > couldn't give a rat's backside.
    > Jock

    The backup plan is the friend with the RPG.

    Tam

  6. Jock

    Jock Guest

    "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    | Jock wrote:
    | >
    | > well good on you and I hope your beneficial aquaintance delivers on the
    | > implied assistance. I have written ministerials on a recent incident
    and so
    | > far, big fat nothing has happened. Even the court dismissed the case
    with
    | > all evidence presented.
    | > In the law & justice system, Cyclist = 0. It seems apparent that (in
    this
    | > case), old motorists must be given the right to maim people through
    their
    | > inability to drive safely and the world keeps turning. Even the RTA
    | > couldn't give a rat's backside.
    | > Jock
    |
    | The backup plan is the friend with the RPG.
    |
    | Tam

    I see the merit in that but then you are dropping to their level.
    Jock

  7. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2005-09-07, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
    > Jock wrote:
    >>
    >> well good on you and I hope your beneficial aquaintance delivers on the
    >> implied assistance. I have written ministerials on a recent incident and so
    >> far, big fat nothing has happened. Even the court dismissed the case with
    >> all evidence presented.
    >> In the law & justice system, Cyclist = 0. It seems apparent that (in this
    >> case), old motorists must be given the right to maim people through their
    >> inability to drive safely and the world keeps turning. Even the RTA
    >> couldn't give a rat's backside.
    >> Jock

    > The backup plan is the friend with the RPG.

    Lotte?

    --
    TimC
    Some people claim that the UNIX learning curve is steep, but at least you

  8. Sir Lex

    Sir Lex Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > I had an irate, small-truck driver demand I get off the road, while Mark
    > and I were waiting side by side at the traffic lights. We were there
    > first - it's not like we had pushed through, and there was another lane
    > anyway. He told me to get out of the way. I pointed out I was doing
    > nothing wrong and I would not move. He said, "Fine, I'll fscking run
    > over you," and I pointed out that such behaviour was illegal and would
    > result in prosecution. <snip>

    He threatened to run you over with a truck, then proceeded to
    deliberately come as close as possible to doing this... Doesn't that
    equate to a murder threat or threatening grievous bodily harm?

    Who are you going to make your complaint to? You should go straight to
    the Police.

    --
    SL

    "The essence of propaganda consists in winning people over
    to an idea so sincerely, so vitally, that in the end they
    succumb to it utterly and can never again escape from it"

    Joseph Goebbels - Nazi Minister of Propaganda, 1933 - 1945

  9. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    TimC wrote:

    Lotte?

    Yes.

    Tam, f*cking report it! At least that way you've done everything you can. When you go to the police, demand something be done! A roadie I used to know works at the Mt Gravatt police station - Sam (Policeman Sam) is his name. He'd help you, no doubt about it. That's if he's still there of course.

    What's that dangerous driver number? 3864 6464????

    Jock, I know exactly what you're saying, but we still need to report these incidents. I know for a fact I would, regardless of the outcome. Maybe if we ALL lobbied and carried on, we'd be heard.

    I'm so glad I no longer ride on the Southside much - I much prefer riding in the Western burbs. Even riding Logan Road last Thursday on my scooter was f*cking annoying - and there are SO many traffic lights, and as we all know, traffic lights are where a lot of cyclist abuse takes place.

    LotteBum

  10. On 2005-09-07, TimC <[email protected]-astro.swin.edu.au> wrote:
    > On 2005-09-07, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
    >> The backup plan is the friend with the RPG.

    > Lotte?

    Lotte only has a shotgun. For an RPG, I suspect Tam will be contacting a
    friend in the military ...

  11. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Sir Lex wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > > I had an irate, small-truck driver demand I get off the road, while Mark
    > > and I were waiting side by side at the traffic lights. We were there
    > > first - it's not like we had pushed through, and there was another lane
    > > anyway. He told me to get out of the way. I pointed out I was doing
    > > nothing wrong and I would not move. He said, "Fine, I'll fscking run
    > > over you," and I pointed out that such behaviour was illegal and would
    > > result in prosecution. <snip>

    > He threatened to run you over with a truck, then proceeded to
    > deliberately come as close as possible to doing this... Doesn't that
    > equate to a murder threat or threatening grievous bodily harm?
    >
    > Who are you going to make your complaint to? You should go straight to
    > the Police.

    If it was a company vehicle, I would usually contact the manager and
    tell them that if it is not dealed with adequately within the company
    then I'll lodge a formal complaint. But it wasn't a company veh.
    Therefore Police.

    Tam

  12. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    LotteBum wrote:
    <snip>
    > Tam, f*cking report it! At least that way you've done everything you
    > can. When you go to the police, demand something be done! A roadie I
    > used to know works at the Mt Gravatt police station - Sam (Policeman
    > Sam) is his name. He'd help you, no doubt about it. That's if he's
    > still there of course.
    >
    > What's that dangerous driver number? 3864 6464????

    <snip>

    33646464 is the Roma St number - Police HQ!
    I already have the MtG Stn no.

    Tam

  13. Peka

    Peka New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2005
    I'd have been very tempted to pull the prick out of his truck, beat the living shit out him, and throw his keys down the nearest drain. Some would call that road rage, I would call it self defense after what he did. :mad:

  14. Peka

    Peka New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2005
    Heh, now that I've got that off my chest, here's a non violent solution that will give you a good laugh, even if it may make the wanker even more angry:

    Carry a pair of side cutters in your jersey or tool bag, and when you catch up to wankers like this, cut off the valve stems on at least 2 of his tyres. One is no good, he most likely has a spare. Two means the arsewipe still can't go anywhere even after using his spare. Just be ready to sprint if he sees you doing it in his mirrors ;)

  15. Sir Lex

    Sir Lex Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > Sir Lex wrote:
    >
    >>Tamyka Bell wrote:
    >>
    >>>I had an irate, small-truck driver demand I get off the road, while Mark
    >>>and I were waiting side by side at the traffic lights. We were there
    >>>first - it's not like we had pushed through, and there was another lane
    >>>anyway. He told me to get out of the way. I pointed out I was doing
    >>>nothing wrong and I would not move. He said, "Fine, I'll fscking run
    >>>over you," and I pointed out that such behaviour was illegal and would
    >>>result in prosecution. <snip>

    >>He threatened to run you over with a truck, then proceeded to
    >>deliberately come as close as possible to doing this... Doesn't that
    >>equate to a murder threat or threatening grievous bodily harm?
    >>
    >>Who are you going to make your complaint to? You should go straight to
    >>the Police.

    > If it was a company vehicle, I would usually contact the manager and
    > tell them that if it is not dealed with adequately within the company
    > then I'll lodge a formal complaint. But it wasn't a company veh.
    > Therefore Police.
    >
    > Tam

    Let us know how you go.

    --
    SL

    "The essence of propaganda consists in winning people over
    to an idea so sincerely, so vitally, that in the end they
    succumb to it utterly and can never again escape from it"

    Joseph Goebbels - Nazi Minister of Propaganda, 1933 - 1945

  16. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Sir Lex wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > > Sir Lex wrote:

    > >>He threatened to run you over with a truck, then proceeded to
    > >>deliberately come as close as possible to doing this... Doesn't that
    > >>equate to a murder threat or threatening grievous bodily harm?
    > >>
    > >>Who are you going to make your complaint to? You should go straight to
    > >>the Police.

    > > If it was a company vehicle, I would usually contact the manager and
    > > tell them that if it is not dealed with adequately within the company
    > > then I'll lodge a formal complaint. But it wasn't a company veh.
    > > Therefore Police.
    > >
    > > Tam

    > Let us know how you go.
    >
    > --
    > SL

    Lotte's contact has moved, but UMG police stn is 24hr, so Mark and I are
    heading in after work today to file a complaint. Apparently they take
    road rage incidents very seriously. (Hoping)

    Tam

  17. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I had an irate, small-truck driver demand I get off the road, while Mark

    <snip description of idiocy>
    > intersection... and we caught him before Klumpp Rd. WANKER!

    Give 'em the full nine circles, Tam.

  18. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963

    What a right cnuting fcuktard! Ok, I've got that out of my system. Hey Tam good to know you're ok and we're not reading another appalling news article from Queensland. I've been following events in QLD (ie: Harrop, Clark) plus lurking on the bike-qld list. I can comprehend people are feeling pretty despondant about taking up due process, but opting out unfortunately reinforces the crap staus quo.

    Throwing around ideas here - Brisbane had a WoJ ride in May (as did Sydney, Adelaide & Melbourne). How about linking up & informally organising a meetup/chatfest with cyclists & revalent organisations? Can give you a couple of heads up regarding contacts, but you probably know more than me. Also the WoJ forum has a QLD sub-forum, please feel most free to utilise it :)

    http://s13.invisionfree.com/AusWheels_of_Justice/index.php?showforum=5

    Back to topic, please let us know how you progress with reporting this incident to the authorities. You go girl ;)

  19. JH

    JH Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > I had an irate, small-truck driver demand I get off the road, while Mark
    > and I were waiting side by side at the traffic lights. We were there
    > first - it's not like we had pushed through, and there was another lane
    > anyway. He told me to get out of the way. I pointed out I was doing
    > nothing wrong and I would not move. He said, "Fine, I'll fscking run
    > over you," and I pointed out that such behaviour was illegal and would
    > result in prosecution. He went on with these two statements for a bit.
    > When the lights changed, Mark and I did a very clean, fast take-off.
    > Despite the fact that bikes accelerate better than trucks, this guy
    > revved it, laid on the horn continually. He sped up until he nearly
    > clipped my rear wheel, then slammed on the brakes, and did this
    > repeatedly as we crossed the intersection. Once we were across, I could
    > move over to let him through... which would have been my intent from the
    > start, had he asked. I yelled out to onlookers, "What the -? Did you see
    > that? Did I deserve that?" and they looked at me blankly, except for one
    > guy who looked pissed off... at me or at the driver? Anyway, it was a
    > white truck, probably a Mitsubishi Canter (?) with a tray, 464DEP,
    > happened around 0645 this morning at the Logan/Kessels Rd
    > intersection... and we caught him before Klumpp Rd. WANKER!

    A cut and paste from www.bq.org.au

    "Reporting Dangerous Drivers

    The Police Complaints database is up and running and riders who
    encounter dangerous or threatening unlawful road behaviour can register
    that with the QPS. You can call your local police station to register a
    complaint and should include - the time, place, vehicle make, model and
    registration number, and a clear description of what happened.

    Some members report having difficulty getting police to lodge
    information, or know of its existence. It seems it is best to call it
    TRACS (Traffic Report and Complaints System) and either phone Police
    State Traffic Support Branch on 32386666 and say you want to make a
    report on TRACS, or you may speak to your local station and ask to have
    the report registered on TRACS.

    One suggestion from within the force is that the more effort you go to
    at your local station gives you the greatest chance of the matter being
    dealt with - such as asking to see the officer-in-charge if you think
    you are not being dealt with properly."

    Keep us posted

    jh

  20. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell Wrote:
    > > I had an irate, small-truck driver demand I get off the road, while Mark
    > > and I were waiting side by side at the traffic lights. .....

    > What a right cnuting fcuktard! Ok, I've got that out of my system. Hey
    > Tam good to know you're ok and we're not reading another appalling news
    > article from Queensland. I've been following events in QLD (ie: Harrop,
    > Clark) plus lurking on the bike-qld list. I can comprehend people are
    > feeling pretty despondant about taking up due process, but opting out
    > unfortunately reinforces the crap staus quo.
    >
    > Throwing around ideas here - Brisbane had a WoJ ride in May (as did
    > Sydney, Adelaide & Melbourne). How about linking up & informally

    That's the one I distributed flyers and hung posters for, and then
    stacked my bike on a BLART ride and missed the WoJ ride :S

    > organising a meetup/chatfest with cyclists & revalent organisations?
    > Can give you a couple of heads up regarding contacts, but you probably
    > know more than me. Also the WoJ forum has a QLD sub-forum, please feel
    > most free to utilise it :)

    Contact would be good. Haven't had much free out-time though, what with
    trying to get a real job. Will do what I can.

    > http://s13.invisionfree.com/AusWheels_of_Justice/index.php?showforum=5

    These things don't work well on my shitty computer :( and the other one
    I use is currently being hogged by one of the boys. Stupid office boys.

    > Back to topic, please let us know how you progress with reporting this
    > incident to the authorities. You go girl ;)

    Of course I will!

    Tam