Off Topic - Question for Christians

Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> "The Untruthful have a difficult time answering 'yes' or 'no' questions"... Andrew B. Chung
> MD/Phd<<<<<<<<<<<

Those who dance with the devil at their side pay a heavy price when they lose their life.

Carol T

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:24:52 -0500, Carol T wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>

>> "The Untruthful have a difficult time answering 'yes' or 'no' questions"... Andrew B. Chung
>> MD/Phd<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> Those who dance with the devil at their side pay a heavy price when they lose their life.

I'll be sure to pass that tidbit along if I encounter such a person.

--
Steve

Weeding the Lord's Vineyards Since 2003

On 10 Feb 2004 17:21:57 -0800, [email protected] (Carol T) wrote
(in part):

>Well that is good then because this hypothetical scenario would not exist with a true Christian, so
>it has no need of an answer at all.

Well, said.

Anybody who would falsely state or falsely imply that another person is a pedophile - is not a true
Christian.

Thank you for your answer.

>I believe that for any doctor, that allowing the betrayal of patient trust is a moral crime above
>all other crimes if they fail to understand its gravity, as they simply cannot know or undo the
>likely harm that they could cause.

I don't know if it's a crime "above all crimes" - but it's sure right up there with the big ones. So
is stating or implying that a doctor betrayed a patient when such, in fact, is not the case.

Have a great day.

smn

Steve wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:49:23 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote (in message
> <[email protected]>):
>
> > [email protected] (doe) wrote in message news:<20040210140801.04510.00001856@mb-
> > m10.aol.com>...

> >> In theory .. if one were to WISH to slander another .. one would actually falsify a post to
> >> make it look as if the victim IN FACT .. did .. make the post .. thereby making him LOOK .. as
> >> if .. he WERE a .. bad guy ..
> >>
> >> True Christians in fact have their hands tied .. by the very fact they would NOT .. 'stoop so
> >> low' .. ?
> >
> > We don't need to. We have God's armor and His sword and His might. Our hands are far from tied.
> >
> > Look at what Bob Pastorio and Steve-nospam has been reduced to:
> >
> > Little fearful shadows flitting from one dark corner to the next to avoid the light.
>
> Arrrrghhhhh! The Light! The Light! I can't stand it!

You poor guy.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W3C323D57

Carol T wrote:

> Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>"The Untruthful have a difficult time answering 'yes' or 'no' questions"... Andrew B. Chung
>>MD/Phd<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> Those who dance with the devil at their side pay a heavy price when they lose their life.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't grow moss on a rock.

Bob

Carol T wrote:

> Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
> > "The Untruthful have a difficult time answering 'yes' or 'no' questions"... Andrew B. Chung
> > MD/Phd<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> Those who dance with the devil at their side pay a heavy price when they lose their life.
>
> Carol T

Well said, Carol.

May God continue to bless you and yours, in Christ's name.

Andrew

--

Steve wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:24:52 -0500, Carol T wrote (in message
> <[email protected]>):
>
> > Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >

> >> "The untruthful have a difficult time answering 'yes' or 'no' questions truthfully"... Andrew
> >> B. Chung MD/PhD<<<<<<<<<<<
> >
> > Those who dance with the devil at their side pay a heavy price when they lose their life.
>
> I'll be sure to pass that tidbit along if I encounter such a person.

You won't have to look past your nose.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A20055A37

Andrew

--

Carol T wrote:

> Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Arrrrghhhhh! The Light! The Light! I can't stand it!
>
> Now you have admitted that, do you know why?

Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about it...? All right, rumors
about it...?

Bob

Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> I'll be sure to pass that tidbit along if I encounter such a person.<<<<<<<<<

Whose garden do you weed?

"Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the
implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only,
deceiving yourselves. For if you just listen and don't obey, it is like looking at your face in a
mirror but doing nothing to improve your appearance." NKJ James 1 21-23

Look back through your posts and see who you dance with.

Carol T

Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Carol T wrote:
>
> > Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> >>Arrrrghhhhh! The Light! The Light! I can't stand it!
> >
> > Now you have admitted that, do you know why?
>
> Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about it...? All right, rumors
> about it...?
>
> Bob

Personally, I think you are funnier, Bob :)

You poor guy.

You remain in my prayers, neighbor.

FYI Note:

Bob's pathological obsessions are related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD) which is described
completely at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Though Dr. Chung invented this approach, he did not initiate the Usenet discussion(s). His
participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of
community service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 pound
diet approach. They have debated
Dr. Chung on every perceived weakness of the 2 pound diet approach and have lost the argument
soundly at every point:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp

These debates are archived on Google in their entirety within this discussion thread(s).

However, instead of conceding gracefully that they've lost the argument(s), certain parties have
redirected their hatred of the 2 pound diet approach toward its author. The rationale appears to be
"if you can not discredit the message then try to discredit the messenger."

Initially, these folks accused the messenger of "trolling." A "troll" is someone who posts under the
cloak of anonymity messages with no redeeming discussion value and with the sole purpose of starting
"flame" wars.

These hateful folks lost credibility with this accusation when the following observations were made:

(1) Dr. Chung has not been posting anonymously.
(2) The 2PD has been on-topic for the Usenet discussion groups hosting the discussion(s).
(a) Those who are failing low-carbing can dovetail LC with the 2PD to achieve near-
ideal weight.
(b) Obese diabetics improve their blood glucose control when their weight becomes near-ideal.
(c) For (b) see: http://makeashorterlink.com/?V5D042C47
(3) Dr. Chung did not start the discussion(s).
(4) The 2 pound diet approach is 100% free (no profit motive).
(5) Dr. Chung's credentials are real and easily verified on-line (including jpegs of the actual
diplomas).

Full of hatred, frustration, and desperation, certain individuals have tried to attack Dr. Chung's
credentials knowing full well that they were attempting to libel him. One notable example is Mr. Bob
"raging and self-confident" Pastorio:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

When the full light was cast on Mr. Pastorio's libelous statements, the hateful folks hiding in the
darkness of anonymity only hissed louder in support of their fallen hero.

Fortunately, those who have been following this discussion(s) either actively or as lurkers can
easily dismiss the hisses, for what they are, using the on-line third-party resources at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/profile.asp

where Dr. Chung's credentials can be verified many times over and libelous claims that credentials
were bought are easily and summarily debunked.

Moreover, readers need only make the following observations concerning the anon posters who continue
to hiss (ie JC Der Koenig and Mack):

(6) They are anonymous and thus they expect to have no credibility (or accountability).
(7) They are by their Usenet history courtesy of Google, unsavory characters.
(8) They have not added anything to the discussion(s) except to deliver one-sided insults.
(9) They complain about alleged cross-posts from Dr. Chung by cross-posting.
(10) They do not complain about cross-posts from folks who attack the 2PD or its author.

and conclude that these anon posters deserve only their kill file.

It is my hope that the above brings new readers of this thread up to speed.

It will remain my pleasure to continue the discussion(s) about the 2PD above the din of hissing from
the peanut gallery.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2CA21267

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:26:21 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> Carol T wrote:
>>
>>> Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:<[email protected]>...

>>> Now you have admitted that, do you know why?
>>
>> Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about it...? All right, rumors
>> about it...?
>>
>> Bob
>
> Personally, I think you are funnier, Bob :)

That's quite a compliment coming from the Master of Comedy here on
s.m.c. It would be hard to name anything funnier than your forged "Chung FAQ". Except, perhaps,
your spirited defense of the AA Pilot who asked all Christians to raise their hands.

--
Steve

Weeding the Lord's Vineyards Since 2003

Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about it...? All right, rumors
> about it...?

Dear Bob,

There's a lot of truth about oneself written by the satirist. The humour comes from their
hidden pain.

Carol T

Carol T wrote:
> Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]=
ews.com>...
>=20
>>Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about=20 it...? All right, rumors
>>about it...?
>=20
> Dear Bob,=20
>=20
> There's a lot of truth about oneself written by the satirist. The humour comes from their
> hidden pain.

Ya know, there's a lot of truth in any good writing, fact or fiction,=20 and pain in most assuredly
not a necessary pre-condition. As a=20 professional writer with thousands of pieces published
(including one=20 on the nature of food humor, for an encyclopedia), I've studied the=20 subject
rather deeply, from both a technical viewpoint and from a=20 production approach. Many of my
newspaper columns have been humorous.

A whole lot of humor comes from a fine sense of the absurd. From a=20 grasp of the essential
silliness of most people including the=20 humorist. From a subtle understanding that virtually
nobody is what=20 they seem and almost certainly not what they claim. Spotlighting those=20 things
can either be funny, if they're perceived as such, or sad, if=20 perceived that way. I mostly see
things as funny. And I mostly see the=20 doings of most people as funny, at least until they
demonstrate malice=20 and dishonesty. Then it's legitimate to use humor to spotlight and=20
deflate them.

My life is rather enviable. I mostly work at home as does my wife. I=20 like her; she's a good,
smart, funny, articulate, self-possessed,=20 loving person. We live in a secluded, rural area. We
know many good=20 people who savor life and share their joys. We have good families that=20 we come
from and go to. My daughter that lives with us is a delight,=20 quick of wit and at her heart, a
good person. My grown children are=20 reliable, respectable, decent, enjoyable folks of whom I'm
profoundly=20 proud. What pains I have had are dulled by time, the natural process=20 of healing,
and the nurture of good people and clear beliefs.

Your thesis is not supported by my experience and the knowledge I have=20 of other satirists and
humorists. Some create from their pain and=20 their work is usually bitter, if funny. But many more
operate from a=20 sense that life's a stage filled with well-dressed monkeys running=20 about and
chittering, and they provoke laughs and that flash of=20 recognition that says, "Yes, we're a
curious bunch, aren't we?"

Smile. Laugh out loud. Tickle someone and laugh with them. Life is=20 serious but that doesn't mean
it needs to be grim.

Here's a column I wrote a while back that most people say is funny.=20 Some unique American