Off Topic - Question for Christians

Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> "The Untruthful have a difficult time answering 'yes' or 'no' questions"... Andrew B. Chung
> MD/Phd<<<<<<<<<<<

Those who dance with the devil at their side pay a heavy price when they lose their life.

Carol T

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:24:52 -0500, Carol T wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>
>> "The Untruthful have a difficult time answering 'yes' or 'no' questions"... Andrew B. Chung
>> MD/Phd<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> Those who dance with the devil at their side pay a heavy price when they lose their life.

I'll be sure to pass that tidbit along if I encounter such a person.

--
Steve

Weeding the Lord's Vineyards Since 2003

On 10 Feb 2004 17:21:57 -0800, [email protected] (Carol T) wrote
(in part):

>Well that is good then because this hypothetical scenario would not exist with a true Christian, so
>it has no need of an answer at all.

Well, said.

Anybody who would falsely state or falsely imply that another person is a pedophile - is not a true
Christian.

Thank you for your answer.

>I believe that for any doctor, that allowing the betrayal of patient trust is a moral crime above
>all other crimes if they fail to understand its gravity, as they simply cannot know or undo the
>likely harm that they could cause.

I don't know if it's a crime "above all crimes" - but it's sure right up there with the big ones. So
is stating or implying that a doctor betrayed a patient when such, in fact, is not the case.

Have a great day.

smn

Steve wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:49:23 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote (in message
> <[email protected]>):
>
> > [email protected] (doe) wrote in message news:<20040210140801.04510.00001856@mb-
> > m10.aol.com>...
> >>> Subject: Re: Off Topic - Question for Christians
> >>
> >>> And I will pray that people take the snippets they read on the Internet and make a sincere
> >>> effort to look at them in full context before jumping to any conclusions - or worse - before
> >>> using those snippets as the basis for unflattering innuendo or slander.
> >>
> >> In theory .. if one were to WISH to slander another .. one would actually falsify a post to
> >> make it look as if the victim IN FACT .. did .. make the post .. thereby making him LOOK .. as
> >> if .. he WERE a .. bad guy ..
> >>
> >> True Christians in fact have their hands tied .. by the very fact they would NOT .. 'stoop so
> >> low' .. ?
> >
> > We don't need to. We have God's armor and His sword and His might. Our hands are far from tied.
> >
> > Look at what Bob Pastorio and Steve-nospam has been reduced to:
> >
> > Little fearful shadows flitting from one dark corner to the next to avoid the light.
>
> Arrrrghhhhh! The Light! The Light! I can't stand it!

You poor guy.

Servant to the humblest person in the universe,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

--
Who is the humblest person in the universe?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W3C323D57

Carol T wrote:

>
>>"The Untruthful have a difficult time answering 'yes' or 'no' questions"... Andrew B. Chung
>>MD/Phd<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> Those who dance with the devil at their side pay a heavy price when they lose their life.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't grow moss on a rock.

Bob

Carol T wrote:

>
> > "The Untruthful have a difficult time answering 'yes' or 'no' questions"... Andrew B. Chung
> > MD/Phd<<<<<<<<<<<
>
>
> Carol T

Well said, Carol.

May God continue to bless you and yours, in Christ's name.

Andrew

--

--

What is all this about?

Steve wrote:

>
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:24:52 -0500, Carol T wrote (in message
> <[email protected]>):
>
> > Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> >
> >> "The untruthful have a difficult time answering 'yes' or 'no' questions truthfully"... Andrew
> >> B. Chung MD/PhD<<<<<<<<<<<
> >
> > Those who dance with the devil at their side pay a heavy price when they lose their life.
>
> I'll be sure to pass that tidbit along if I encounter such a person.
>

You won't have to look past your nose.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A20055A37

Andrew

--

--

What is all this about?

Carol T wrote:

>
>>Arrrrghhhhh! The Light! The Light! I can't stand it!
>
> Now you have admitted that, do you know why?

Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about it...? All right, rumors
about it...?

Bob

Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> I'll be sure to pass that tidbit along if I encounter such a person.<<<<<<<<<

Whose garden do you weed?

"Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the
implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only,
deceiving yourselves. For if you just listen and don't obey, it is like looking at your face in a
mirror but doing nothing to improve your appearance." NKJ James 1 21-23

Look back through your posts and see who you dance with.

Carol T

Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Carol T wrote:
>
> > Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> >>Arrrrghhhhh! The Light! The Light! I can't stand it!
> >
> > Now you have admitted that, do you know why?
>
> Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about it...? All right, rumors
> about it...?
>
> Bob

Personally, I think you are funnier, Bob :)

You poor guy.

You remain in my prayers, neighbor.

FYI Note:

Bob's pathological obsessions are related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD) which is described
completely at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Though Dr. Chung invented this approach, he did not initiate the Usenet discussion(s). His
participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of
community service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 pound
diet approach. They have debated
Dr. Chung on every perceived weakness of the 2 pound diet approach and have lost the argument
soundly at every point:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp

These debates are archived on Google in their entirety within this discussion thread(s).

However, instead of conceding gracefully that they've lost the argument(s), certain parties have
redirected their hatred of the 2 pound diet approach toward its author. The rationale appears to be
"if you can not discredit the message then try to discredit the messenger."

Initially, these folks accused the messenger of "trolling." A "troll" is someone who posts under the
cloak of anonymity messages with no redeeming discussion value and with the sole purpose of starting
"flame" wars.

These hateful folks lost credibility with this accusation when the following observations were made:

(1) Dr. Chung has not been posting anonymously.
(2) The 2PD has been on-topic for the Usenet discussion groups hosting the discussion(s).
(a) Those who are failing low-carbing can dovetail LC with the 2PD to achieve near-
ideal weight.
(b) Obese diabetics improve their blood glucose control when their weight becomes near-ideal.
(c) For (b) see: http://makeashorterlink.com/?V5D042C47
(3) Dr. Chung did not start the discussion(s).
(4) The 2 pound diet approach is 100% free (no profit motive).
(5) Dr. Chung's credentials are real and easily verified on-line (including jpegs of the actual
diplomas).

Full of hatred, frustration, and desperation, certain individuals have tried to attack Dr. Chung's
credentials knowing full well that they were attempting to libel him. One notable example is Mr. Bob
"raging and self-confident" Pastorio:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

When the full light was cast on Mr. Pastorio's libelous statements, the hateful folks hiding in the
darkness of anonymity only hissed louder in support of their fallen hero.

Fortunately, those who have been following this discussion(s) either actively or as lurkers can
easily dismiss the hisses, for what they are, using the on-line third-party resources at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/profile.asp

where Dr. Chung's credentials can be verified many times over and libelous claims that credentials
were bought are easily and summarily debunked.

Moreover, readers need only make the following observations concerning the anon posters who continue
to hiss (ie JC Der Koenig and Mack):

(6) They are anonymous and thus they expect to have no credibility (or accountability).
(7) They are by their Usenet history courtesy of Google, unsavory characters.
(8) They have not added anything to the discussion(s) except to deliver one-sided insults.
(9) They complain about alleged cross-posts from Dr. Chung by cross-posting.
(10) They do not complain about cross-posts from folks who attack the 2PD or its author.

and conclude that these anon posters deserve only their kill file.

It is my hope that the above brings new readers of this thread up to speed.

It will remain my pleasure to continue the discussion(s) about the 2PD above the din of hissing from
the peanut gallery.

Andrew

--

--

What is all this about?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2CA21267

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:26:21 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> Carol T wrote:
>>
>>> Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:<[email protected]>...
>>>
>>>> Arrrrghhhhh! The Light! The Light! I can't stand it!
>>>
>>> Now you have admitted that, do you know why?
>>
>> Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about it...? All right, rumors
>> about it...?
>>
>> Bob
>
> Personally, I think you are funnier, Bob :)
>

That's quite a compliment coming from the Master of Comedy here on
s.m.c. It would be hard to name anything funnier than your forged "Chung FAQ". Except, perhaps,
your spirited defense of the AA Pilot who asked all Christians to raise their hands.

--
Steve

Weeding the Lord's Vineyards Since 2003

Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about it...? All right, rumors
> about it...?

Dear Bob,

There's a lot of truth about oneself written by the satirist. The humour comes from their
hidden pain.

Carol T

Carol T wrote:
> Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]=
ews.com>...
>=20
>>Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about=20 it...? All right, rumors
>>about it...?
>=20
> Dear Bob,=20
>=20
> There's a lot of truth about oneself written by the satirist. The humour comes from their
> hidden pain.

Ya know, there's a lot of truth in any good writing, fact or fiction,=20 and pain in most assuredly
not a necessary pre-condition. As a=20 professional writer with thousands of pieces published
(including one=20 on the nature of food humor, for an encyclopedia), I've studied the=20 subject
rather deeply, from both a technical viewpoint and from a=20 production approach. Many of my
newspaper columns have been humorous.

A whole lot of humor comes from a fine sense of the absurd. From a=20 grasp of the essential
silliness of most people including the=20 humorist. From a subtle understanding that virtually
nobody is what=20 they seem and almost certainly not what they claim. Spotlighting those=20 things
can either be funny, if they're perceived as such, or sad, if=20 perceived that way. I mostly see
things as funny. And I mostly see the=20 doings of most people as funny, at least until they
demonstrate malice=20 and dishonesty. Then it's legitimate to use humor to spotlight and=20
deflate them.

My life is rather enviable. I mostly work at home as does my wife. I=20 like her; she's a good,
smart, funny, articulate, self-possessed,=20 loving person. We live in a secluded, rural area. We
know many good=20 people who savor life and share their joys. We have good families that=20 we come
from and go to. My daughter that lives with us is a delight,=20 quick of wit and at her heart, a
good person. My grown children are=20 reliable, respectable, decent, enjoyable folks of whom I'm
profoundly=20 proud. What pains I have had are dulled by time, the natural process=20 of healing,
and the nurture of good people and clear beliefs.

Your thesis is not supported by my experience and the knowledge I have=20 of other satirists and
humorists. Some create from their pain and=20 their work is usually bitter, if funny. But many more
operate from a=20 sense that life's a stage filled with well-dressed monkeys running=20 about and
chittering, and they provoke laughs and that flash of=20 recognition that says, "Yes, we're a
curious bunch, aren't we?"

Smile. Laugh out loud. Tickle someone and laugh with them. Life is=20 serious but that doesn't mean
it needs to be grim.

Here's a column I wrote a while back that most people say is funny.=20 Some unique American
references.

----------------------------

Spoilage simplified Many people ask me how to know how long to keep food in the=20
refrigerator. A good question. Something we should all know for=20 maximum safety and to
prevent the need to use power tools to clean the=20 veggie crisper. Let's list a variety of
things to consider in the specific cases of=20 the most common foods we all have. There are
some commonsense things=20 you already know. Even the most hardened kitchen-avoider will
know=20 much of this stuff. But it's good to have reminders, don't you think? I've gotten
some suggestions about this whole area of study from the=20 Internet. Several people have
described the signs to look for.=20 Herewith, embellishments, clarifications and several
admonitions of my=20 own. Hey, pay attention. Serious stuff here. This is food we're=20
talking about, not just some harmless explosives or deadly military=20 chemicals. FOOD
SPOILAGE INDICATORS THE GAG PROTOCOL Anything that makes you gag may safely be considered
spoiled. Except=20 for leftovers from what you cooked for yourself within the past 48=20
hours. Or if it contains okra. Or if you're watching an old Jerry=20 Lewis movie. DAIRY
PRODUCTS Milk is spoiled when it looks like yogurt. Yogurt is spoiled when it=20 looks like
cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is spoiled when it starts to=20 look like beige spackle. All
cheese is just spoiled milk anyway, so=20 don't get too strange about that whole idea. It
can, however, grow=20 pretty green fur. Once I saw pink fur. I controlled my desire for=20
cheese that day. EGGS When something, anything, is pecking its way out of the shell, the
egg=20 is probably past its consumption ideal. You'd better hope it's a=20 chicken working
so hard if it came from your fridge and came with 11=20 kindred ovals. MAYONNAISE One clear
indicator is that if it makes you ill immediately after you=20 eat it, probably the
mayonnaise is spoiled. And =93ill=94 means anythin= g=20 from, =93Oh my, I feel a slight
distress=94 to =93Jeez, Marge, forget t= he=20 Pepcid and get the Drano.=94 Unless you ate
okra while watching an old=20 Jerry Lewis movie. MEATS If opening the refrigerator causes
animals outside to run away from=20 your house, the meat is likely spoiled. The bouquet is
distinctive=20 and immediate. Ibuprofen can help with the headache. Before you=20 open the
fridge door, look up into the sky. If big black birds are=20 circling, they already know
what's coming. LETTUCE All lettuce is spoiled when you can't get it out of the vegetable=20
crisper without electrically operated tools. Or strong chemicals. Or=20 that Maytag guy who
doesn't have anything else to do. The whole=20 question of why it would be in there is
another conversation. CARROTS A carrot that you can tie into a knot is not fresh. Likewise,
a bunch=20 you can braid. POTATOES Consumable potatoes do not have roots, branches, or leafy
topgrowth.=20 No flowers, either. They do not move. SALSA AND DIP If it would bounce when
dropped out of the container, it is less than=20 perfect. If it a significantly different
color than when you bought=20 it, perhaps you should consider disposal. Even if the new
color is an=20 improvement over the old. Think the freezer is immune? Think again. It's just
as serious to=20 be looking in the freezer as in the fridge. Absolutely chilling.=20 Lost my
head there. FROZEN FOODS Frozen foods that have become an integral part of the structural=20
support of your freezer will probably be spoiled by the time you=20 route them out with your
power tools. Or they'll be close enough to=20 freeze-dried that you can send them to your
favorite astronaut. Great=20 idea, huh? And we're not just talking about the stuff in the
fridge here. Look=20 in your cupboards, too. There are things that you need to think
about=20 there as well. CANNED GOODS Canned goods that have evolved to the size or shape of
a football or,=20 worse, a sphere should be disposed of but only by trained=20
professionals. Do not throw them or drop them. Figure it out for=20 yourself. WINE It should
not have chunks in it and it should not cry out for=20 extra-virgin olive oil to complete
it's transition to salad dressing. BEER If the beer is in a can, it can never spoil. If in a
bottle, you=20 should drink that while waiting for the canned beer to come to its=20 full,
prime flavor. SCOTCH WHISKY Is as good as it gets and will be preserved forever by the fact
that=20 it traveled on a ship. GENERAL SPOILAGE RULE OF THUMB: Thumbs don't spoil as long as
they're connected to the rest of the hand. Pencils down. Pass all papers forward. See you
next Wednesday.

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:12:15 -0500, Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

>Carol T wrote:
>> Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>>
>>>Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about it...? All right, rumors
>>>about it...?
>>
>> Dear Bob,
>>
>> There's a lot of truth about oneself written by the satirist. The humour comes from their
>> hidden pain.
>
>Ya know, there's a lot of truth in any good writing, fact or fiction, and pain in most assuredly
>not a necessary pre-condition. As a professional writer with thousands of pieces published
>(including one on the nature of food humor, for an encyclopedia), I've studied the subject rather
>deeply, from both a technical viewpoint and from a production approach. Many of my newspaper
>columns have been humorous.
>
>A whole lot of humor comes from a fine sense of the absurd. From a grasp of the essential silliness
>of most people including the humorist. From a subtle understanding that virtually nobody is what
>they seem and almost certainly not what they claim. Spotlighting those things can either be funny,
>if they're perceived as such, or sad, if perceived that way. I mostly see things as funny. And I
>mostly see the doings of most people as funny, at least until they demonstrate malice and
>dishonesty. Then it's legitimate to use humor to spotlight and deflate them.

Bob, you need to get a mirror -- and use it. IMHO, some of the best humor is of the self
deprecating sort. On this news group I've seen no evidence of your using that whatsoever -- quite
the contrary, in fact.

[rest of your best posting to this group ever - deleted to save bandwidth]

John

[email protected] (Carol T) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>
> > Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about it...? All right, rumors
> > about it...?
>
> Dear Bob,
>
> There's a lot of truth about oneself written by the satirist. The humour comes from their
> hidden pain.
>
> Carol T

Sounds like you also have the gift of truth discernment, Carol ;-)

Andrew

--

--

What is all this about?

John wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:12:15 -0500, Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Carol T wrote:
>>
>>>Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>>>
>>>>Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about it...? All right, rumors
>>>>about it...?
>>>
>>>Dear Bob,
>>>
>>>There's a lot of truth about oneself written by the satirist. The humour comes from their
>>>hidden pain.
>>
>>Ya know, there's a lot of truth in any good writing, fact or fiction, and pain in most assuredly
>>not a necessary pre-condition. As a professional writer with thousands of pieces published
>>(including one on the nature of food humor, for an encyclopedia), I've studied the subject rather
>>deeply, from both a technical viewpoint and from a production approach. Many of my newspaper
>>columns have been humorous.
>>
>>A whole lot of humor comes from a fine sense of the absurd. From a grasp of the essential
>>silliness of most people including the humorist. From a subtle understanding that virtually nobody
>>is what they seem and almost certainly not what they claim. Spotlighting those things can either
>>be funny, if they're perceived as such, or sad, if perceived that way. I mostly see things as
>>funny. And I mostly see the doings of most people as funny, at least until they demonstrate malice
>>and dishonesty. Then it's legitimate to use humor to spotlight and deflate them.
>
> Bob, you need to get a mirror -- and use it.

Oh, look. Here's "John" lecturing about how to present oneself. Please note the two sentences above
that characterize you and what happens therefrom: "And I mostly see the doings of most people as
funny, at least until they demonstrate malice and dishonesty. Then it's legitimate to use humor to
spotlight and deflate them." You get the deflation treatment, "John," because you earned it.

> IMHO, some of the best humor is of the self deprecating sort.

Right. Your opinion is one of the ones I deeply cherish and respect... Bwahahahahaha. Free,
deprecatory advice from an anonymous poster.

I'm sure you'd like to see me deprecate myself. Elsewhere, where there are more honest people with
generous intent, I do. Here where there are trolls, frauds, sanctimonious preachers and bottom-
feeders, I poke at them. It's more useful as a public service. Sorry you get a good bit of the brunt
of it, but then it's only appropriate.

> On this news group I've seen no evidence of your using that whatsoever -- quite the contrary,
> in fact.

That's because, "John," you're one of the frauds noted above. You prattle your agenda with scant
attention to fact and even less attention to balance. I'm not amusing you because I'm not trying to
amuse you.

> [rest of your best posting to this group ever - deleted to save bandwidth]

<LOL> Just like Chung's posting his replies to me to other newsgroups not involved in the discussion
for my "convenience." "John" has done a new rhetorical stunt, "damning with faint praise."
Considerably more intelligent than his usual (*** for tat). Saving bandwidth. People still say that
as though it actually had meaning like it did with 300 baud modems. A more honest approach is to
say, "...deleted because I want to."

<LOL> Good old sincere "John." Here's a good descriptor for you, "John." "...virtually nobody is
what they seem and almost certainly not what they claim." So when are you going to come out from
behind that fake name and be a stand-up guy?

If you didn't confuse your opinions with fact, if you didn't always take the extreme position, if
you didn't exclude any vision but your own, if you didn't assume that what you think is all that can
be thought about a subject, you might get some respect. At this point, I see you as a more
intelligent, less snotty alternative to Chung, but just as out there. Bad company to associate
yourself with.

Bob

John wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:12:15 -0500, Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Carol T wrote:
> >> Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >>
> >>>Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about it...? All right, rumors
> >>>about it...?
> >>
> >> Dear Bob,
> >>
> >> There's a lot of truth about oneself written by the satirist. The humour comes from their
> >> hidden pain.
> >
> >Ya know, there's a lot of truth in any good writing, fact or fiction, and pain in most assuredly
> >not a necessary pre-condition. As a professional writer with thousands of pieces published
> >(including one on the nature of food humor, for an encyclopedia), I've studied the subject rather
> >deeply, from both a technical viewpoint and from a production approach. Many of my newspaper
> >columns have been humorous.
> >
> >A whole lot of humor comes from a fine sense of the absurd. From a grasp of the essential
> >silliness of most people including the humorist. From a subtle understanding that virtually
> >nobody is what they seem and almost certainly not what they claim. Spotlighting those things can
> >either be funny, if they're perceived as such, or sad, if perceived that way. I mostly see things
> >as funny. And I mostly see the doings of most people as funny, at least until they demonstrate
> >malice and dishonesty. Then it's legitimate to use humor to spotlight and deflate them.
>
> Bob, you need to get a mirror -- and use it. IMHO, some of the best humor is of the self
> deprecating sort. On this news group I've seen no evidence of your using that whatsoever -- quite
> the contrary, in fact.
>
> [rest of your best posting to this group ever - deleted to save bandwidth]
>
> John

Let us continue to pray for him, brother.

May God continue to bless you and yours today and every day, in Christ's name.

Andrew

--

--

What is all this about?

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:13:33 -0500, Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

>John wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:12:15 -0500, Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Carol T wrote:
>>>
>>>>Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>>>>
>>>>>Carol. Steve is being funny. You've heard of funny...? Ok, read about it...? All right, rumors
>>>>>about it...?
>>>>
>>>>Dear Bob,
>>>>
>>>>There's a lot of truth about oneself written by the satirist. The humour comes from their
>>>>hidden pain.
>>>
>>>Ya know, there's a lot of truth in any good writing, fact or fiction, and pain in most assuredly
>>>not a necessary pre-condition. As a professional writer with thousands of pieces published
>>>(including one on the nature of food humor, for an encyclopedia), I've studied the subject rather
>>>deeply, from both a technical viewpoint and from a production approach. Many of my newspaper
>>>columns have been humorous.
>>>
>>>A whole lot of humor comes from a fine sense of the absurd. From a grasp of the essential
>>>silliness of most people including the humorist.

If you describe yourself as a student of humor, then this should apply to you as well, should it
not? What I am saying with my mirror suggestion is that you don't seem to be doing that in the
newsgroup.

>>>From a subtle understanding that virtually nobody is what they seem and almost certainly not what
>>>they claim. Spotlighting those things can either be funny, if they're perceived as such, or sad,
>>>if perceived that way. I mostly see things as funny. And I mostly see the doings of most people
>>>as funny, at least until they demonstrate malice and dishonesty. Then it's legitimate to use
>>>humor to spotlight and deflate them.
>>
>> Bob, you need to get a mirror -- and use it.
>
>Oh, look. Here's "John" lecturing about how to present oneself. Please note the two sentences above
>that characterize you and what happens therefrom: "And I mostly see the doings of most people as
>funny, at least until they demonstrate malice and dishonesty. Then it's legitimate to use humor to
>spotlight and deflate them." You get the deflation treatment, "John," because you earned it.

Ahhh, the old fashioned way.

> > IMHO, some of the best
>> humor is of the self deprecating sort.
>
>Right. Your opinion is one of the ones I deeply cherish and respect... Bwahahahahaha. Free,
>deprecatory advice from an anonymous poster.
>
>I'm sure you'd like to see me deprecate myself.

Who knows, it might even be funny. ;-) But don't get your hopes up.

>Elsewhere, where there are more honest people with generous intent, I do. Here where there are
>trolls, frauds, sanctimonious preachers and bottom-feeders, I poke at them. It's more useful as a
>public service. Sorry you get a good bit of the brunt of it, but then it's only appropriate.
>
> > On this news group I've seen
>> no evidence of your using that whatsoever -- quite the contrary, in fact.
>
>That's because, "John," you're one of the frauds noted above. You prattle your agenda with scant
>attention to fact and even less attention to balance. I'm not amusing you because I'm not trying to
>amuse you.
>
>> [rest of your best posting to this group ever - deleted to save bandwidth]
>
><LOL> Just like Chung's posting his replies to me to other newsgroups not involved in the
>discussion for my "convenience." "John" has done a new rhetorical stunt, "damning with faint
>praise." Considerably more intelligent than his usual (*** for tat). Saving bandwidth. People still
>say that as though it actually had meaning like it did with 300 baud modems. A more honest approach
>is to say, "...deleted because I want to."

Well, I did praise your post (but not this one). Faint praise is about all I ever give. But I do my
best not to damn. When I mention bandwidth here I am talking about the only bandwidth that really
counts and that is in the minds of all the readers of this newsgroup - who knows, there might be 4
or 5 left? Your post is right above mine in the newsgroup message list and most readers will see
your post first and then mine. If they wish to re-read what you said (for whatever reason?) it is
very easy to do. This way I can also avoid being accused of changing your posts.

><LOL> Good old sincere "John." Here's a good descriptor for you, "John." "...virtually nobody is
>what they seem and almost certainly not what they claim." So when are you going to come out from
>behind that fake name and be a stand-up guy?

I won't do that until the neighborhood improves. Why do you even care about the identity of a
"fraud", someone with "confused opinions", a "prattler", someone who demonstrates "malice and
dishonesty"?

>If you didn't confuse your opinions with fact, if you didn't always take the extreme position, if
>you didn't exclude any vision but your own, if you didn't assume that what you think is all that
>can be thought about a subject, you might get some respect. At this point, I see you as a more
>intelligent, less snotty alternative to Chung, but just as out there. Bad company to associate
>yourself with.

Yes, there is bad company around here. But I am not here to witness to the already saved.
Again....thanks, Bob, for the opportunity to continue to witness. You might have noticed that I have
yet to start a thread here.

John