Off Topic - Question for Christians

John wrote:

> [...]
> >
> >I'm sure you'd like to see me deprecate myself.
>
> Who knows, it might even be funny. ;-) But don't get your hopes up.
>
> >Elsewhere, where there are more honest people with generous intent, I do. Here where there are
> >trolls, frauds, sanctimonious preachers and bottom-feeders, I poke at them. It's more useful as a
> >public service. Sorry you get a good bit of the brunt of it, but then it's only appropriate.
> >
> > > On this news group I've seen
> >> no evidence of your using that whatsoever -- quite the contrary, in fact.
> >
> >That's because, "John," you're one of the frauds noted above. You prattle your agenda with scant
> >attention to fact and even less attention to balance. I'm not amusing you because I'm not trying
> >to amuse you.
> >
> >> [rest of your best posting to this group ever - deleted to save bandwidth]
> >
> ><LOL> Just like Chung's posting his replies to me to other newsgroups not involved in the
> >discussion for my "convenience." "John" has done a new rhetorical stunt, "damning with faint
> >praise." Considerably more intelligent than his usual (*** for tat). Saving bandwidth. People
> >still say that as though it actually had meaning like it did with 300 baud modems. A more honest
> >approach is to say, "...deleted because I want to."
>
> Well, I did praise your post (but not this one). Faint praise is about all I ever give. But I do
> my best not to damn. When I mention bandwidth here I am talking about the only bandwidth that
> really counts and that is in the minds of all the readers of this newsgroup - who knows, there
> might be 4 or 5 left? Your post is right above mine in the newsgroup message list and most readers
> will see your post first and then mine. If they wish to re-read what you said (for whatever
> reason?) it is very easy to do. This way I can also avoid being accused of changing your posts.
>
> ><LOL> Good old sincere "John." Here's a good descriptor for you, "John." "...virtually nobody is
> >what they seem and almost certainly not what they claim." So when are you going to come out from
> >behind that fake name and be a stand-up guy?
>
> I won't do that until the neighborhood improves. Why do you even care about the identity of a
> "fraud", someone with "confused opinions", a "prattler", someone who demonstrates "malice and
> dishonesty"?
>
> >If you didn't confuse your opinions with fact, if you didn't always take the extreme position, if
> >you didn't exclude any vision but your own, if you didn't assume that what you think is all that
> >can be thought about a subject, you might get some respect. At this point, I see you as a more
> >intelligent, less snotty alternative to Chung, but just as out there. Bad company to associate
> >yourself with.
>
> Yes, there is bad company around here. But I am not here to witness to the already saved.
> Again....thanks, Bob, for the opportunity to continue to witness. You might have noticed that I

Your composure continues to glorify God, brother.

As for who (or how many) are reading this, know the following:

God is.

(along with the countless lurkers now and in the archive-accessing future :)

May God continue to bless you and yours today and every day, in Christ's name.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2CA21267

Dear Bob,

You are indeed a blessed man if all is what it seems to yourself. Many enviable lives often have
deep unfulfilled wholes at their centre. How sure are you that your void has been filled?

But why did you recognise yourself in my address to Steven?

The Word of God stays on the lips of men until the end of time. The words of men are lost in a wisp
of time. He is your beginning and your end, He ends with the seeds you have sown, without Him there
is only destruction after you.

"A sower went out to sow his seed. And as he sowed, some fell by the wayside; and it was trampled
down, and the birds of the air devoured it. Some fell on rock; and as soon as it sprang up, it
withered away because it lacked moisture. And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up with
it and choked it. But others fell on good ground, sprang up, and yielded a crop a hundredfold." When
He had said these things He cried, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" Then His disciples asked
Him, saying, "What does this parable mean?" And He said, "To you it has been given to know the
mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is given in parables, that 'Seeing they may not
see, And hearing they may not understand.' "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
NKJ Luke 8:5-11

Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of
their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved." NKJ Luke 8:12

Carol T

Carol T wrote:

> You are indeed a blessed man if all is what it seems to yourself. Many enviable lives often have
> deep unfulfilled wholes at their centre. How sure are you that your void has been filled?

Bugger off, Carol. Your utterly shallow "questions" demonstrate that you're like that person who has
a hammer. Everything looks like a nail to you. Humorists create through pain and enviable people
have "wholes" or whatever. Only religious wackos have good lives. Great.

I'm sorry that you seem to see life as such a negative thing. I listed the reasons why the
*conclusion* above is the case. I listed why and what. Shame you can't get out from behind that
curtain of one-track thinking.

> But why did you recognise yourself in my address to Steven?

I guess you didn't find that clue. I didn't find myself in your comments, I found an absurdity that
needed clarification; spotlighting. Your terribly distorted interpretation of what that aberrant
pilot did shows your willingness to forgive any transgression as long as the transgressor mouths the
right words. They agree with your extremist vision of what Jesus was about. The love and kindness
that he preached simply vanishes from your sight. Pity. He tried to get people to connect. You try
to keep them apart.

Guess Chung's Truth Discernment Ray Gun doesn't work for you, either.

Bob

John wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:13:33 -0500, Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

>><LOL> Good old sincere "John." Here's a good descriptor for you, "John." "...virtually nobody is
>>what they seem and almost certainly not what they claim." So when are you going to come out from
>>behind that fake name and be a stand-up guy?
>
> I won't do that until the neighborhood improves. Why do you even care about the identity of a
> "fraud", someone with "confused opinions", a "prattler", someone who demonstrates "malice and
> dishonesty"?

Look "John," It's certainly clear you aren't stupid. But posting as you have, supporting Chung's
transparent corruption and doing that "we have THE TRUTH and everybody else is wrong" business marks
the stunted mind. The limited mind. I'd like to believe that the limits you seem to have imposed can
be rationally expanded.

Part of being what you claim to be is to walk the walk.

I care to be in the company of other honest people. I care to trade words and thoughts with people
open to alternate understandings. I care because the human community is better for the questers who
never stop questing. Your words seem to say you've stopped. I'd like that not to be true, for
everybody. Make a mistake? Own it. Make a misstatement? Own that, too. Overdo it? Clutch the blunder
for what it is. Don't look the clown like Chung with his simply ridiculous display about potatoes
and their caloric content. Where's the benefit in that? Readers see the absurdity of the claims and
suspect the intelligence, competence and quality of judgement of the claimant. As they should.

I care about the quality of discourse. If, in puncturing the posturing and strutting of Chung and
enduring his madness in posting the astoundingly crippled things he does, I've caused people to
killfile both of us, so be it. At least his lunacy is thereby limited. I'll take the hit. If
questioning his posing and swaggering with his vicious alter ego, Mu, makes people uncomfortable, so
be it. They and others like them use the essential decency of most people against them with their
tactics of hurt and harm.

The questions I ask and the points I make are for a larger reason than merely to play with the
limited people. There's malice and desire to inflict pain in their efforts. They've deliberately set
out to harm people in real life, not just on the newsgroup. They've contacted employers and
authoritative bodies to hurt people. I'm afraid I can't just sit and watch that sort of carefully
considered destruction go unremarked. Cold-blooded efforts to kill people's reputations and
livelihoods. That's plain sickness. Pure destructive malice.

That's why people have wondered where the voices of the other Christians are. Why morality seems to
stop when frauds preach their empty words that their actions belie. Why there's still religious
ranting, taunting, sparring, slurring, smearing going on. Walk the walk, John.

Bob

thing.<<<<<<<<<<

"Sing, O heavens! Be joyful, O earth! And break out in singing, O mountains! For the Lord has
comforted His people, And will have mercy on His afflicted." NKJ Isa 49:13

> aberrant pilot did shows your willingness to forgive any transgression as long as the
> transgressor mouths the right words. <<<<<<<<<<<<

I am not a saint that I can judge what he did, what are you Bob?

"Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are
you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?" 1Cr 6:2

He was evangelising, nothing less

"But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work
of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry." NKJ 2 Timothy - Chapter 4-5

Carol T