OFF TOPIC/Solution

Bentbiker

Guest
the off topic stuff, and horse **** posts from the same old cast of characters, is killing off the
list, BROL is far superior. Before it dies, why doesn't every one vow not to reply, read etc. any of
the **** these guys are posting, they'll go away, they are here for the attention. I've been doing
this for about two weeks now myself. It does get annoying seeing 50 posts a week from the same
person on something not related to recumbents, no less the subject the thread started with. We have
a "dumb dumb " list of people at work years, feel free to just indicate the dummies, [me included if
you like] and everyone start ignoring the offenders. JMTC

bentbiker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> the off topic stuff, and horse **** posts from the same old cast of characters, is killing off the
> list, BROL is far superior. Before it dies, why doesn't every one vow not to reply, read etc. any
> of the **** these guys are posting, they'll go away, they are here for the attention. I've been
> doing this for about two weeks now myself. It does get annoying seeing 50 posts a week from the
> same person on something not related to recumbents, no less the subject the thread started with.
> We have a "dumb dumb " list of people at work years, feel free to just indicate the dummies, [me
> included if you like] and everyone start ignoring the offenders. JMTC

It must not be easy to go through life as a dumbbell. Imagine someone so dense that he can't
appreciate a bit of off-topic on what is otherwise a very dull newsgroup. But no, if he can find out
a bit of info why one chain might be slightly better than another chain, why that just makes his
day! I wish I could have that kind of denseness. Life would be so simple then and maybe I could be
as dumb and happy as bentbiker (except for the OT of course - which has now become the chief
annoyance in his otherwise tranquil life).

Bentrider should go to BROL and stay there and not be bothering us more intellectual types here on
ARBR. If he wants to lurk here, that is OK, but he should defiantly think twice before he subjects
the rest of us to his very dumb posts.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

OK, foot numbness is related to sinus tarsi syndrome in 80% of cases. (And for the record, I posted
a question about carrying firearms on a bike, which was a valid question. There were, I think, a
total of about 5 responses to that issue. So, it must not be important.

I've tried to figure out what the thread is about now, but just can't relate to it. The emails I
have from people have been a great deal more interesting and informative than the newsgroup
posts, btw.

So, what I'd like to know now is why does my butt hurt less when I'm pedaling uphill? Is it part of
God's Plan?

--
--Scott
"bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> the off topic stuff, and horse **** posts from the same old cast of
> characters, is killing off the list, BROL is far superior. Before it
> dies, why doesn't every one vow not to reply, read etc. any of the ****
> these guys are posting, they'll go away, they are here for the
> attention. I've been doing this for about two weeks now myself. It does
> get annoying seeing 50 posts a week from the same person on something
> not related to recumbents, no less the subject the thread started with.
> We have a "dumb dumb " list of people at work years, feel free to just
> indicate the dummies, [me included if you like] and everyone start
> ignoring the offenders. JMTC

And one more thing, if you really strenuously object to off topic editorializing that has minimal
relationhip to cycling I wish you'd take it up with IVHS, because their newsletter seems to be
straying into foreign policy lately. Dig what I'm sayin'?

--
--Scott

Freewheeling wrote:

> ... So, what I'd like to know now is why does my butt hurt less when I'm pedaling uphill? Is it
> part of God's Plan?

There is a tendency with the RANS seat for the rider to move slightly up the seatback when pedaling
hard (at least I do). This, combined with the additional recline while climbing, could well de-
weight the rider's buttocks enough to provide relief from "recumbent butt".

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:02:15 -0600, Tom Sherman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>There is a tendency with the RANS seat for the rider to move slightly up the seatback when pedaling
>hard (at least I do). This, combined with the additional recline while climbing, could well de-
>weight the rider's buttocks enough to provide relief from "recumbent butt".

Um, but I thought recumbent butt was due to the glutes doing more work. Unless the realignment gives
a better angle? Or maybe the quads are recruited more for climbing?

Me, I had to ride the wedgie today. Damn that saddle is hard!

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk