OFF TOPIC - Trash the TROLL

3

32GO

Guest
Hey Again Guys -

I'm somewhat amazed as I see 50-something messages in the
'OFF TOPIC - TROLL Rear-ended' thread, which I flippantly
started on ARBR earlier this week - first, that so many
folks still seem to be incapable of avoiding the temptation
to reply directly to the TROLL. I'd like to remind them -
yet AGAIN!:

* PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL! - meaning totally ignore it
to whatever extent you're capable; most especially please
don't bother with one-liner cheapshots that we've heard
before, probably even expressed a bit more amusingly

* Even if the TROLL cheapshots YOU, just let it go; how
many readers do you really think have any regard for its
opinions or social preferences?

* Please try to bear in mind that messages posted on a
newsgroup are sent to hundreds of folks who are not the
TROLL and who probably really aren't terribly interested
in what you have to say to it; please just email it
directly... unless of course you think at least a few of
us might be amused by its humiliation and/or your sly wit

* Please don't reply to any thread started by the TROLL

* Please don't reply directly to any of its messages in
any other thread, even one that appears to be on-topic;
if you absolutely have to post a comment, reply to a
message by another poster

* Even if you can't manage to comply with those requests,
please don't ever repeat the full content of any of its
messages; just snip and clip whatever short statement
you address in your post

* PLEASE trim all the newsgroups other than the one in
which you most often participate; indiscriminate cross-
posting SUCKS, and any exchanges you have with the TROLL
are clearly exempt from normal newsgroup conventions

I'm reiterating these suggested guidelines primarily in
consideration of those readers using actual newsreader
software who have kill-filed the TROLL, as well as those
few who look in on web-based ARBR archives (like
cyclingforums.com) which block the TROLL. If all potential
posters would follow most of these simple suggestions,
those folks would never even see more than a few of the
misogynistic moron's mangled mistruths and/or misspelled
misstatements.

The second surprise of that thread was that I was even a
minor topic of conversation. Since the crabby old codger
began blatantly violating yet another basic netiquette
tenet by degenerating from merely cross (contrary) posting
to (even more offensive) cross-posting to multiple forums,
it occurs to me that some (maybe three or so?) of you newer
TROLL targets may be wondering why I haven't bothered to
counterpoint its pitiably pathetic, patently preposterous
prattle. Well, bottom line, as I hinted above, I feel
pretty sure most folks know that the TROLL, to quote
ARBR stalwart JimmyMac, has a perverse compulsion to:

>... proclaim lots of **** only to be proven wrong time and
>time again. So much for [its] integrity, reliability and
>trustworthiness.

But, hey, I haven't added to the TROLL FAQs entries on our
website for a while. Maybe it'll be fun to address the
idiot's inane ideology there again; if you care, check in
for an update, maybe next week - at ARBR of course; I won't
be cross-posting anymore. I hope all you folks from parts
of the world with real seasons have a wonderful Spring!

Regards,
Wayne

You *really* enjoy giving orders, eh?

You must be a real treat in person. ;-)