Guest
Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
habañero peppers as garnish.

Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice to soak the duck fat and
curry gravy?

Thanks.

---
2003 Christmas Card (very similar to the 2002 card) http://www.dwacon.com/christmas_greeting.html

On 2003-12-17, d w a c o n <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
> habañero peppers as garnish.
>
> Does Jasmine rice go well with that...

Coconut curry. Sound pretty Thai-ish to me. Go with the jasmine.

nb

"d w a c o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
> habañero peppers as garnish.
>
> Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice
> soak the duck fat and curry gravy?
>
> Thanks.

I'd stick with jasmine rice if I wuz you.

Jack Ricer

> ---
> 2003 Christmas Card (very similar to the 2002 card) http://www.dwacon.com/christmas_greeting.html

Nice job on the xmas card, too.

Hark! I heard "d w a c o n" <[email protected]> say:

> Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
> habañero peppers as garnish.

<snip>

Um, I hope you plan to warn people about the heat in this dish...

--
j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~ ..fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

d w a c o n wrote:

> Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
> habañero peppers as garnish.
>
> Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice to soak the duck fat and
> curry gravy?

Can't help you, but geez, my office parties were like ... a deli platter, cakes, cookies and
bagels. (laugh)

nancy

In article <T2TDb.32725$hf1.31226@lakeread06>, "d w a c o n"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
> habañero peppers as garnish.
>
> Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice to soak the duck fat and
> curry gravy?

Unless you work someplace very unusual, like a hot sauce factory, I'm guessing you don't like your
co-workers.

:)

--
Dan Abel Sonoma State University AIS [email protected]

"Jack Schidt®" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...

> "d w a c o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:T2TDb.32725$hf1.31226@lakeread06...
> > Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
> > habañero peppers as garnish.
> >
> > Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a
>> more glutinous rice to soak the duck fat and curry gravy?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> I'd stick with jasmine rice if I wuz you.
>
> Jack Ricer

Why not just burn everyone's mouths with a propane torch and save all the effort? The results will
be the same!

Howard Dean www.blogforamerica.com/

http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-
Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, j.j. wrote:

> Hark! I heard "d w a c o n" <[email protected]> say:
>
> > Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
> > habañero peppers as garnish.
>
> <snip>
>
> Um, I hope you plan to warn people about the heat in this dish...

peppers==tasty! eat'em plain!

Lena

Nancy Young wrote:

> Can't help you, but geez, my office parties were like ... a deli platter, cakes, cookies and
> bagels. (laugh)

Ain't it the truth! Being the one foodie at non-foodie gatherings is quite the ego builder. I bring
anything home made from fresh ingredients and sit back and enjoy the adulation.

--Lia

Julia Altshuler wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
> > Can't help you, but geez, my office parties were like ... a deli platter, cakes, cookies and
> > bagels. (laugh)
>
> Ain't it the truth! Being the one foodie at non-foodie gatherings is quite the ego builder. I
> bring anything home made from fresh ingredients and sit back and enjoy the adulation.

You know, I gave up on that, everyone would bring chocolate chip cookies or some such, and that's
really not my thing at 9am. I tried bringing in 'real' food a few times, but pretty much everyone
wanted bagels or cookies. Okay fine. Eh, we were out of there by noon, anyway.

Actually, a friend of mine would bring in a cut up fruit platter and cranberry dipping sauce, that
went over very well.

nancy

"d w a c o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
> habañero peppers as garnish.
>
> Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice
> soak the duck fat and curry gravy?
>
> Thanks.

Hi Dwayne! I didn't know you read this group too.

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:11:20 -0500, Nancy Young
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Julia Altshuler wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> > Can't help you, but geez, my office parties were like ... a deli platter, cakes, cookies and
>> > bagels. (laugh)
>>
>> Ain't it the truth! Being the one foodie at non-foodie gatherings is quite the ego builder. I
>> bring anything home made from fresh ingredients and sit back and enjoy the adulation.
>
>You know, I gave up on that, everyone would bring chocolate chip cookies or some such, and that's
>really not my thing at 9am. I tried bringing in 'real' food a few times, but pretty much everyone
>wanted bagels or cookies. Okay fine. Eh, we were out of there by noon, anyway.
>
>Actually, a friend of mine would bring in a cut up fruit platter and cranberry dipping sauce, that
>went over very well.

I once ordered in a box of oysters, made a shallot/raspberry vinegar mignonette, and shucked as long
as anyone kept eating them. There were enough left for two lunches from a box of 100.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

"In this house we _obey_ the laws of thermodynamics." --Homer Simpson

"Dan Abel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Unless you work someplace very unusual, like a hot sauce factory, I'm guessing you don't like your
> co-workers.

We have employees from India, Bangladesh, Vietnam and China... and others who appreciate non-
bland food...

But for the record, I'm not overly enamored with them... no... but must be altruistic...

--

There is a word for everything... http://tinyurl.com/n8th

"Howard Dean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Why not just burn everyone's mouths with a propane torch and save all the effort? The results will
> be the same!

Actually, those who ate it thought it was great. Granted, it was our Asian co-workers who ate the
most of it... but no one grabbed their throat and screamed...

--
The generation that used acid to escape reality Is now using antacid to deal with reality
http://www.dwacon.com