Office Pot Luck

D

D W A C O N

Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
habañero peppers as garnish.

Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice to soak the duck fat and
curry gravy?

Thanks.

---
2003 Christmas Card (very similar to the 2002 card) http://www.dwacon.com/christmas_greeting.html

On 2003-12-17, d w a c o n <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
> habañero peppers as garnish.
>
> Does Jasmine rice go well with that...

Coconut curry. Sound pretty Thai-ish to me. Go with the jasmine.

nb

"d w a c o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:T2TDb.32725$hf1.31226@lakeread06...
> Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
>
> Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice
to
> soak the duck fat and curry gravy?
>
> Thanks.
>

I'd stick with jasmine rice if I wuz you.

Jack Ricer

> ---
> 2003 Christmas Card (very similar to the 2002 card) http://www.dwacon.com/christmas_greeting.html
>
>

Nice job on the xmas card, too.

Hark! I heard "d w a c o n" <[email protected]> say:

<snip>

Um, I hope you plan to warn people about the heat in this dish...

--
j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~ ..fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

d w a c o n wrote:
>
>
> Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice to soak the duck fat and
> curry gravy?

Can't help you, but geez, my office parties were like ... a deli platter, cakes, cookies and
bagels. (laugh)

nancy

In article <T2TDb.32725$hf1.31226@lakeread06>, "d w a c o n"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice to soak the duck fat and
> curry gravy?

Unless you work someplace very unusual, like a hot sauce factory, I'm guessing you don't like your
co-workers.

:)

--
Dan Abel Sonoma State University AIS [email protected]

"Jack Schidt®" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...
>
> "d w a c o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:T2TDb.32725$hf1.31226@lakeread06...
> > Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
> > habañero peppers as garnish.
> >
> > Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a
>> more glutinous rice to soak the duck fat and curry gravy?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
>
> I'd stick with jasmine rice if I wuz you.
>
> Jack Ricer
>
Why not just burn everyone's mouths with a propane torch and save all the effort? The results will
be the same!

Howard Dean www.blogforamerica.com/

----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-
Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, j.j. wrote:

> Hark! I heard "d w a c o n" <[email protected]> say:
>
> > Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
> > habañero peppers as garnish.
>
> <snip>
>
> Um, I hope you plan to warn people about the heat in this dish...

peppers==tasty! eat'em plain!

Lena

Nancy Young wrote:

> Can't help you, but geez, my office parties were like ... a deli platter, cakes, cookies and
> bagels. (laugh)

Ain't it the truth! Being the one foodie at non-foodie gatherings is quite the ego builder. I bring
anything home made from fresh ingredients and sit back and enjoy the adulation.

--Lia

Julia Altshuler wrote:
>
> Nancy Young wrote:
>
> > Can't help you, but geez, my office parties were like ... a deli platter, cakes, cookies and
> > bagels. (laugh)
>
> Ain't it the truth! Being the one foodie at non-foodie gatherings is quite the ego builder. I
> bring anything home made from fresh ingredients and sit back and enjoy the adulation.

You know, I gave up on that, everyone would bring chocolate chip cookies or some such, and that's
really not my thing at 9am. I tried bringing in 'real' food a few times, but pretty much everyone
wanted bagels or cookies. Okay fine. Eh, we were out of there by noon, anyway.

Actually, a friend of mine would bring in a cut up fruit platter and cranberry dipping sauce, that
went over very well.

nancy

"d w a c o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:T2TDb.32725$hf1.31226@lakeread06...
>
> Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice
to
> soak the duck fat and curry gravy?
>
> Thanks.
>
Hi Dwayne! I didn't know you read this group too.

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:11:20 -0500, Nancy Young
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Julia Altshuler wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> > Can't help you, but geez, my office parties were like ... a deli platter, cakes, cookies and
>> > bagels. (laugh)
>>
>> Ain't it the truth! Being the one foodie at non-foodie gatherings is quite the ego builder. I
>> bring anything home made from fresh ingredients and sit back and enjoy the adulation.
>
>You know, I gave up on that, everyone would bring chocolate chip cookies or some such, and that's
>really not my thing at 9am. I tried bringing in 'real' food a few times, but pretty much everyone
>wanted bagels or cookies. Okay fine. Eh, we were out of there by noon, anyway.
>
>Actually, a friend of mine would bring in a cut up fruit platter and cranberry dipping sauce, that
>went over very well.
>
I once ordered in a box of oysters, made a shallot/raspberry vinegar mignonette, and shucked as long
as anyone kept eating them. There were enough left for two lunches from a box of 100.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

"In this house we _obey_ the laws of thermodynamics." --Homer Simpson

"Dan Abel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Unless you work someplace very unusual, like a hot sauce factory, I'm guessing you don't like your
> co-workers.

We have employees from India, Bangladesh, Vietnam and China... and others who appreciate non-
bland food...

But for the record, I'm not overly enamored with them... no... but must be altruistic...

--

There is a word for everything... http://tinyurl.com/n8th

"Howard Dean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Why not just burn everyone's mouths with a propane torch and save all the effort? The results will
> be the same!

Actually, those who ate it thought it was great. Granted, it was our Asian co-workers who ate the
most of it... but no one grabbed their throat and screamed...

--
The generation that used acid to escape reality Is now using antacid to deal with reality
http://www.dwacon.com