    Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice to soak the duck fat and
    curry gravy?

    Thanks.

    ---
    2003 Christmas Card (very similar to the 2002 card) http://www.dwacon.com/christmas_greeting.html

    Tags:

  2. Notbob

    Notbob Guest

    On 2003-12-17, d w a c o n <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
    > habañero peppers as garnish.
    >
    > Does Jasmine rice go well with that...

    Coconut curry. Sound pretty Thai-ish to me. Go with the jasmine.

    nb

  3. "d w a c o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
    > habañero peppers as garnish.
    >
    > Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice
    > soak the duck fat and curry gravy?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I'd stick with jasmine rice if I wuz you.

    Jack Ricer

    > ---
    > 2003 Christmas Card (very similar to the 2002 card) http://www.dwacon.com/christmas_greeting.html

    Nice job on the xmas card, too.

  4. J.J.

    J.J. Guest

    Hark! I heard "d w a c o n" <[email protected]> say:

    > Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
    > habañero peppers as garnish.

    <snip>

    Um, I hope you plan to warn people about the heat in this dish...

    --
    j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~ ..fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

  5. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    d w a c o n wrote:

    > Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
    > habañero peppers as garnish.
    >
    > Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice to soak the duck fat and
    > curry gravy?

    Can't help you, but geez, my office parties were like ... a deli platter, cakes, cookies and
    bagels. (laugh)

    nancy

  6. Dan Abel

    Dan Abel Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "d w a c o n"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
    > habañero peppers as garnish.
    >
    > Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice to soak the duck fat and
    > curry gravy?

    Unless you work someplace very unusual, like a hot sauce factory, I'm guessing you don't like your
    co-workers.

    :)

    --
    Dan Abel Sonoma State University AIS [email protected]

  7. Howard Dean

    Howard Dean Guest

    "Jack Schidt®" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...

    > "d w a c o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
    > > habañero peppers as garnish.
    > >
    > > Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a
    >> more glutinous rice to soak the duck fat and curry gravy?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >

    > I'd stick with jasmine rice if I wuz you.
    >
    > Jack Ricer

    Why not just burn everyone's mouths with a propane torch and save all the effort? The results will
    be the same!

    Howard Dean www.blogforamerica.com/

    http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-
    Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

  8. Lena B Katz

    Lena B Katz Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, j.j. wrote:

    > Hark! I heard "d w a c o n" <[email protected]> say:
    >
    > > Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
    > > habañero peppers as garnish.
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Um, I hope you plan to warn people about the heat in this dish...

    peppers==tasty! eat'em plain!

    Lena

  9. Nancy Young wrote:

    > Can't help you, but geez, my office parties were like ... a deli platter, cakes, cookies and
    > bagels. (laugh)

    Ain't it the truth! Being the one foodie at non-foodie gatherings is quite the ego builder. I bring
    anything home made from fresh ingredients and sit back and enjoy the adulation.

    --Lia

  10. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Julia Altshuler wrote:

    > Nancy Young wrote:
    >
    > > Can't help you, but geez, my office parties were like ... a deli platter, cakes, cookies and
    > > bagels. (laugh)
    >
    > Ain't it the truth! Being the one foodie at non-foodie gatherings is quite the ego builder. I
    > bring anything home made from fresh ingredients and sit back and enjoy the adulation.

    You know, I gave up on that, everyone would bring chocolate chip cookies or some such, and that's
    really not my thing at 9am. I tried bringing in 'real' food a few times, but pretty much everyone
    wanted bagels or cookies. Okay fine. Eh, we were out of there by noon, anyway.

    Actually, a friend of mine would bring in a cut up fruit platter and cranberry dipping sauce, that
    went over very well.

    nancy

  11. Telmgren

    Telmgren Guest

    "d w a c o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thinking of cooking some roast duck with extra hot red curry (using lite coconut milk) and some
    > habañero peppers as garnish.
    >
    > Does Jasmine rice go well with that or should I do a more glutinous rice
    > soak the duck fat and curry gravy?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hi Dwayne! I didn't know you read this group too.

  12. On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:11:20 -0500, Nancy Young
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Julia Altshuler wrote:
    >>
    >> Nancy Young wrote:
    >>
    >> > Can't help you, but geez, my office parties were like ... a deli platter, cakes, cookies and
    >> > bagels. (laugh)
    >>
    >> Ain't it the truth! Being the one foodie at non-foodie gatherings is quite the ego builder. I
    >> bring anything home made from fresh ingredients and sit back and enjoy the adulation.
    >
    >You know, I gave up on that, everyone would bring chocolate chip cookies or some such, and that's
    >really not my thing at 9am. I tried bringing in 'real' food a few times, but pretty much everyone
    >wanted bagels or cookies. Okay fine. Eh, we were out of there by noon, anyway.
    >
    >Actually, a friend of mine would bring in a cut up fruit platter and cranberry dipping sauce, that
    >went over very well.

    I once ordered in a box of oysters, made a shallot/raspberry vinegar mignonette, and shucked as long
    as anyone kept eating them. There were enough left for two lunches from a box of 100.

    Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

    "In this house we _obey_ the laws of thermodynamics." --Homer Simpson

  13. D W A C O N

    D W A C O N Guest

    "Dan Abel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Unless you work someplace very unusual, like a hot sauce factory, I'm guessing you don't like your
    > co-workers.

    We have employees from India, Bangladesh, Vietnam and China... and others who appreciate non-
    bland food...

    But for the record, I'm not overly enamored with them... no... but must be altruistic...

    --

    There is a word for everything... http://tinyurl.com/n8th

  14. D W A C O N

    D W A C O N Guest

    "Howard Dean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Why not just burn everyone's mouths with a propane torch and save all the effort? The results will
    > be the same!

    Actually, those who ate it thought it was great. Granted, it was our Asian co-workers who ate the
    most of it... but no one grabbed their throat and screamed...

    --
    The generation that used acid to escape reality Is now using antacid to deal with reality
    http://www.dwacon.com