Official History of the TDF : Video/DVD

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
Irish TV showed the Official History of the TDF narrated by David Duffield of Eurosport and presented by Sean Kelly.
It is the official video for 1903-2003 and shows many of the great stages and the great champions like Merckx, Hinault etc.

Not being old enough to have seen Coppi cycle, I recommend this video/DVD to
all cyclists - for to see Coppi's pedalling action.
Coppi's pedalling style was fcuking beautiful and there is superb footage of him climbing D'Huez in 1952 (the first time D'Huez was in the TDF and Coppi won there).
The footage of Merckx is superb as well - the raw power of his style.
Great coverage of LeMond too and there's a lot about Anquetil/Poulidor as well as BigMig.

Worth getting this video even if it's only to see Coppi ; beautiful!

limerickman said:
Irish TV showed the Official History of the TDF narrated by David Duffield of Eurosport and presented by Sean Kelly.
It is the official video for 1903-2003 and shows many of the great stages and the great champions like Merckx, Hinault etc.

Not being old enough to have seen Coppi cycle, I recommend this video/DVD to
all cyclists - for to see Coppi's pedalling action.
Coppi's pedalling style was fcuking beautiful and there is superb footage of him climbing D'Huez in 1952 (the first time D'Huez was in the TDF and Coppi won there).
The footage of Merckx is superb as well - the raw power of his style.
Great coverage of LeMond too and there's a lot about Anquetil/Poulidor as well as BigMig.

Worth getting this video even if it's only to see Coppi ; beautiful!

http://www.greenumbrellashop.co.uk/...ce_Official_History_1903_2005__DVD__1671.html

Apparently it doesn't have enough Lance footage to merit a US (NTSC) version - PAL2 only. So far

limerickman said:
That's the one, DS.
The last 20 minutes of the program cover 1999-2003 : Merckx gets 30 mins,
as do LeMond/Hinault.

Check out this site :

http://www.bromleyvideo.com/

They're site states that they may be able to supply formats other than PAL.
It might be worth a try, DS.

I think you still have to have the zone exempt player, but I've been able to play PAL format DVD's on my computers (both the PC at work and my Mac at home with no problems).

Eden said:
I think you still have to have the zone exempt player, but I've been able to play PAL format DVD's on my computers (both the PC at work and my Mac at home with no problems).

You could well be correct, Eden.

I've got this DVD and would agree that is awesome. Well worth buying. Funniest bit? Phil Liggets mind numingly boring commentary (hes alot better now than he was).