Official Poetry Contest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<lYabb.1245$vj2.806@fed1read06>...
> NOW is the time to post your one best mountain bike poetry entry.
>
> Rules: -One poem may be submitted per person. -Must be original. In other words, no plagiarizing!
> -Must be on topic, of course... culture, lifestyle, ode to your bike, etc. -Poems posted after
> September 23 will not be judged. -Winner to receive a prize, $30 gift card to supergo.com
>
> I still haven't had any volunteers for judges. Anyone?
>
> -John Morgan

Inspired by this weekend's racing (I'll post a race report soon..)

Air beneath the tires, landing is less than perfect. Um, what day is it?

Jon "Concussed" Bond

Twas to my bike I said that day Hey how about a ride today? To which it grudgingly replied Not till
you wash your soiled behind!

Bristled by the insult I said You had your chance to penetrate When I rode you last week So don't
give me this brass About my dirty ass!

bloocow - there goes my poetic credibility

After re-reading that, I think I should explain. ;-p

On last sunday's ride, there were so several hills which I had to climb. My typical set up had the
handlebars about the same level as my saddle so the position was more upright than crouched. As a
result, I had to shift alot of my body weight to the front to climb seated and the saddle was
literally poking my ass. ok enough said. Non vulgar RR to come soon.

bloocow - no pun intended

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:45:09 +0800, bloocow wrote:
> After re-reading that, I think I should explain. ;-p
>
> On last sunday's ride, there were so several hills which I had to climb. My typical set up had the
> handlebars about the same level as my saddle so the position was more upright than crouched. As a
> result, I had to shift alot of my body weight to the front to climb seated and the saddle was
> literally poking my ass. ok enough said. Non vulgar RR to come soon.

No explaination required; we've all been climbing before (well, most of us). Fagerlin's even got a
term for that - "red ringer" (classic Fagerlin).

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

So when do we find out whos won?

-ckretsorse

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:lYabb.1245$vj2.806@fed1read06...
>
> Rules: -One poem may be submitted per person. -Must be original. In other words, no plagiarizing!
> -Must be on topic, of course... culture, lifestyle, ode to your bike, etc. -Poems posted after
> September 23 will not be judged. -Winner to receive a prize, $30 gift card to supergo.com
>
> I still haven't had any volunteers for judges. Anyone?
>
> -John Morgan
> --
> "I tried lube, careful prying, careful digging and even not so careful digging. Little chunks of
> rubber." --Sad Bob

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote
>

What a lame-o bike Are you some kind of e-tard? Hump away, humpy

CC

On 23 Sep 2003 15:11:00 -0700, [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote:

>"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote
>>
>> NOW is the time to post your one best mountain bike poetry entry.
>
>What a lame-o bike Are you some kind of e-tard? Hump away, humpy
>
>
>CC

less than original....

BZZZZZZZT, you lose..

> So when do we find out whos won?

Today is the last day to submit poems for the contest. I would like it if someone helped me judge
the entries to help offset my personal biases. Once that gets taken care of, we'll have the results
rather quickly. There aren't nearly as many participants as I expected.

So far, there are no judging volunteers.

Anyone?

-John Morgan

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:fQ6cb.7950$vj2.1913@fed1read06...
> > So when do we find out whos won?
>
> Today is the last day to submit poems for the contest. I would like it if someone helped me judge
> the entries to help offset my personal biases.
Once
> that gets taken care of, we'll have the results rather quickly. There aren't nearly as many
> participants as I expected.
>
> So far, there are no judging volunteers.
>
> Anyone?
>
> -John Morgan

Alright, alright... I can help judge, but just for the record, I am straight and homophobic.

--
Slacker

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:lYabb.1245$vj2.806@fed1read06...

"It's just a bike FFS".

It's a thing of 'good stuff' beyond the ability, (Toodle-oodle-eee), Of the word to fully express or
define. And it's mine. Dumbarse little kids with snotty noses and annoyingly fiddling fingers prod
it and say: "Hey mister, cool bike", I say; "Aye, this I know, now quit yer droolin' and take a
hike". End of the day WGAF? I Just Ride the thing. Hell is a point of view on a state of being. Or
having my bike stolen by some shithead. Funny how dead rhymes with shithead. If it happened and I
found them I'd do something rather physically aggressive. My helmet looks like a brain sieve. The
sweat in the pads has now dried, So I put it back on my head, *JSTHUAR............

.......Oh dear I can't drop into top gear even with all my new drivetrain parts oh farts ah good
it's only my chain protector and not my selector that was getting in the way of the rear gear mech
so no 'oh heck' I move it a bit and it works and jerks into gear I lose my busted part fear and
pedal along faster at lower cadence the problem is solved for a price of 'no pence' which is good
because I just spent a fortune on XTR cables and new wide handle bars that scrapes the paint off the
doors of the cars that pass to close on my work commute route this bike is a brute on the road
making my back ache where's my slick tyred fully rigid steely FFS? Gotta get muddy this weekend.

Shaun aRe - Just say 'No'.

*(c) Jock Duff, circa Whenever, WGAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.