Official Tour de France Guide 2006?

hstream

May 4, 2006
Does anyone know if a european (english) edition of the official TdF guide magazine will be out for this year?

VeloNews has an american edition, and last year ProCycling published the european, but for this year I can't find anything. On their website the Official Tour Guide link still talks about last years magazine.

I've just emailed and asked ProCycling (no answer yet), but I figure the massive collective knowledge of this forum already got the answer to this? :)

Hstream

hstream said:
Does anyone know if a european (english) edition of the official TdF guide magazine will be out for this year?

VeloNews has an american edition, and last year ProCycling published the european, but for this year I can't find anything. On their website the Official Tour Guide link still talks about last years magazine.

I've just emailed and asked ProCycling (no answer yet), but I figure the massive collective knowledge of this forum already got the answer to this? :)

Hstream
i am certain it will be, i buy them every year from WH Smith. It normally appears about now.

I've been checking here in Canada and haven't seen any yet. I'm thinking it will be any day. I found the Velo News guide very useful.

Someone on this forum may know the answer to your question , but instead of helping you they're probably busy typing away about the Armstrong thing...you know, much more important than answering your question...hey what are the forums for anyway... :eek:

CycleSport have just released their guide today. I have.

noonievut said:
I've been checking here in Canada and haven't seen any yet. I'm thinking it will be any day. I found the Velo News guide very useful.

Someone on this forum may know the answer to your question , but instead of helping you they're probably busy typing away about the Armstrong thing...you know, much more important than answering your question...hey what are the forums for anyway... :eek:

Good news! ProCycling just updated their website with this years tour guide. Will be out june 8.

http://www.procycling.com/tourguide.aspx

WBT, what guide by CS do you refer to? You don't mean the recent issue with Hincapie on the cover?

As for Velonews, I bought both that one and Procyclings guide last year, and Procycling was way better. Actually, the only thing in Velonews favor was that their guide listed what year each rider started as pro, while Procycling listed the birth year. ;)

hstream

whiteboytrash said:
CycleSport have just released their guide today. I have.
I just have to add that CycleSport indeed is an amazing magazine! :)

hstream

hstream said:
Good news! ProCycling just updated their website with this years tour guide. Will be out june 8.

WBT, what guide by CS do you refer to? You don't mean the recent issue with Hincapie on the cover?

As for Velonews, I bought both that one and Procyclings guide last year, and Procycling was way better. Actually, the only thing in Velonews favor was that their guide listed what year each rider started as pro, while Procycling listed the birth year. ;)

hstream

Thanks for the tip, I'll check out the Pro guide first.

Nope not the one with Goofey on the front cover... the new one out today with a morphed photo of Ullrich, Basso, Vino and co on the cover..... just out today....

hstream said:

hstream

whiteboytrash said:
Nope not the one with Goofey on the front cover... the new one out today with a morphed photo of Ullrich, Basso, Vino and co on the cover..... just out today....

:D I knew I had seen him somewhere before :D

Yes, Velonews is advertising their edition, hot off the press, with Big George on the cover! LOL.

Props to George for the Queen Stage last year, but that is a bit rich...