offroad spain greenways ?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Steve, May 22, 2003.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hello,

    A general question (a bit new to this have been cycling around london for the past year), I am
    interested in trail/offroad riding in spain (I use a moutain bike but do not want anything to
    dangerous/technical (old man)).

    Do not mind using a map or getting lost (the fun part) as long as I do not have to contend with 2
    much traffic.

    I was hoping to find rides that would keep me busy for 2-4 days say 50
    - 200 kms

    Anyone any ideas ?

    Have looked at Spanish GreenWays in Andalucia & Ripoli -> coast anyone done these routes ? (they
    still look a bit short for 4 days ?)

    Any ideas/feedback would be much appreciated

    Thanks Steve

    Tags:

  2. Dan Gregory

    Dan Gregory Guest

    If you can follow Spanish (or google can translate) there are lots of on & off road (vias verdes)
    here with pix, maps & profiles. http://www.amigosdelciclismo.com/rutas The Picos de Europa are great
    as is the Via Santiago... Buen viaje Dan Gregory

    "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello,
    >
    > A general question (a bit new to this have been cycling around london for the past year), I am
    > interested in trail/offroad riding in spain (I use a moutain bike but do not want anything to
    > dangerous/technical (old man)).
    >
    > Do not mind using a map or getting lost (the fun part) as long as I do not have to contend with 2
    > much traffic.
    >
    > I was hoping to find rides that would keep me busy for 2-4 days say 50
    > - 200 kms
    >
    > Anyone any ideas ?
    >
    > Have looked at Spanish GreenWays in Andalucia & Ripoli -> coast anyone done these routes ? (they
    > still look a bit short for 4 days ?)
    >
    > Any ideas/feedback would be much appreciated
    >
    > Thanks Steve

  3. John Redman

    John Redman Guest

    Try the following link for rides around the Sierrs de Segura - north east of Granada. I'm going
    there myself this autumn' it's a magical place with loads of wildlife like bears, eagles etc...
    http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/8403/rutas.htm

    A search on usenet will throw up loads of cycle routes but this is my recommendation.

    John R

    news:[email protected]...