offroad spain greenways ?

Steve

Guest
Hello,

A general question (a bit new to this have been cycling around london for the past year), I am
interested in trail/offroad riding in spain (I use a moutain bike but do not want anything to
dangerous/technical (old man)).

Do not mind using a map or getting lost (the fun part) as long as I do not have to contend with 2
much traffic.

I was hoping to find rides that would keep me busy for 2-4 days say 50
- 200 kms

Anyone any ideas ?

Have looked at Spanish GreenWays in Andalucia & Ripoli -> coast anyone done these routes ? (they
still look a bit short for 4 days ?)

Any ideas/feedback would be much appreciated

Thanks Steve

If you can follow Spanish (or google can translate) there are lots of on & off road (vias verdes)
here with pix, maps & profiles. http://www.amigosdelciclismo.com/rutas The Picos de Europa are great
as is the Via Santiago... Buen viaje Dan Gregory

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello,
>
> A general question (a bit new to this have been cycling around london for the past year), I am
> interested in trail/offroad riding in spain (I use a moutain bike but do not want anything to
> dangerous/technical (old man)).
>
> Do not mind using a map or getting lost (the fun part) as long as I do not have to contend with 2
> much traffic.
>
> I was hoping to find rides that would keep me busy for 2-4 days say 50
> - 200 kms
>
> Anyone any ideas ?
>
> Have looked at Spanish GreenWays in Andalucia & Ripoli -> coast anyone done these routes ? (they
> still look a bit short for 4 days ?)
>
> Any ideas/feedback would be much appreciated
>
> Thanks Steve

Try the following link for rides around the Sierrs de Segura - north east of Granada. I'm going
there myself this autumn' it's a magical place with loads of wildlife like bears, eagles etc...
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/8403/rutas.htm

A search on usenet will throw up loads of cycle routes but this is my recommendation.

John R

news:[email protected]...