O'Grady Wins

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by David Off, Jul 8, 2004.

  1. David Off

    David Off Guest

    O'Grady wins at Chartres in an excellent and tactical finish for the
    breakaway.

    53 points earned towards the green jersey

    McEwen and Voigt both victims of falls today but seem to be rolling okay.

    Tags:

  2. David Off

    David Off Guest

    David Off wrote:

    > O'Grady wins at Chartres in an excellent and tactical finish for the
    > breakaway.
    >
    > 53 points earned towards the green jersey
    >
    > McEwen and Voigt both victims of falls today but seem to be rolling okay.

    LA is over 9 mins down. Voeckler (Fr.) is in Yellow and O'Grady is 2nd.
    O'Grady isn't a bad climber but not in the leage of LA or Ullrich.

  3. David Off wrote:
    > David Off wrote:
    >
    >> O'Grady wins at Chartres in an excellent and tactical finish for the
    >> breakaway.
    >>
    >> 53 points earned towards the green jersey
    >>
    >> McEwen and Voigt both victims of falls today but seem to be rolling
    >> okay.

    > LA is over 9 mins down. Voeckler (Fr.) is in Yellow and O'Grady is
    > 2nd. O'Grady isn't a bad climber but not in the leage of LA or
    > Ullrich.

    That's why the lead will be erased after the first mountain stage.

  4. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "David Off" wrote...
    > O'Grady wins at Chartres in an excellent and tactical finish for the
    > breakaway.

    It is considered to be in best taste not to put results in headers.

    Thanks very much.

    JF

  5. benjo maso

    benjo maso Guest

    "Golf Fan 3455" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > David Off wrote:
    > > David Off wrote:
    > >
    > >> O'Grady wins at Chartres in an excellent and tactical finish for the
    > >> breakaway.
    > >>
    > >> 53 points earned towards the green jersey
    > >>
    > >> McEwen and Voigt both victims of falls today but seem to be rolling
    > >> okay.

    > > LA is over 9 mins down. Voeckler (Fr.) is in Yellow and O'Grady is
    > > 2nd. O'Grady isn't a bad climber but not in the leage of LA or
    > > Ullrich.

    But Sandy Casar - now third - is a pretty good climber. At the mountain
    stages of the Giro 2003 twice in the top ten.

    Benjo Maso

  6. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Jim Flom <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "David Off" wrote...
    >> O'Grady wins at Chartres in an excellent and tactical finish for the
    >> breakaway.

    > It is considered to be in best taste not to put results in headers.

    Jim didn't put anything about Armstrong in the header. It also isn't
    clear from the subject line what O'Grady won. I was rather surprised when
    I opened the email that this was not about his lottery purchase on
    Saturday.

    > Thanks very much.

    > JF

  7. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "David Off" wrote...
    > > O'Grady wins at Chartres in an excellent and tactical finish for the
    > > breakaway.

    > It is considered to be in best taste not to put results in headers.

    At least if you do, post the podium. That's just polite.

  8. Clovis Lark <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Jim Flom <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > "David Off" wrote...
    > >> O'Grady wins at Chartres in an excellent and tactical finish for the
    > >> breakaway.

    > > It is considered to be in best taste not to put results in headers.

    > Jim didn't put anything about Armstrong in the header. It also isn't
    > clear from the subject line what O'Grady won. I was rather surprised when
    > I opened the email that this was not about his lottery purchase on
    > Saturday.
    >
    > > Thanks very much.

    > > JF

    What, did someone think that Patrick O'Grady won a race? That
    probably would be news.

    CostCo OFG Beer Run
    1. Patrick O'Grady
    2. Some teenager with a fake ID
    3. Anna Kournikova
    4. A very well organized group of squirrels
    5. Ronde Champ

  9. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Richard Adams) wrote:

    > Clovis Lark <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Jim Flom <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > "David Off" wrote...

    > > > It is considered to be in best taste not to put results in headers.

    > > Jim didn't put anything about Armstrong in the header. It also isn't
    > > clear from the subject line what O'Grady won. I was rather surprised when
    > > I opened the email that this was not about his lottery purchase on
    > > Saturday.
    > >
    > > > Thanks very much.

    > > > JF

    > What, did someone think that Patrick O'Grady won a race? That
    > probably would be news.
    >
    > CostCo OFG Beer Run
    > 1. Patrick O'Grady
    > 2. Some teenager with a fake ID
    > 3. Anna Kournikova
    > 4. A very well organized group of squirrels
    > 5. Ronde Champ

    News? It would herald the End of Days. It was no coincidence that Dean
    Crandall assigned me the race number 666 some years back.

    Cheers,

    Patrick O'Grady
    Mad Dog Media
    http://www.maddogmedia.com

  10. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    Patrick O'Grady wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] (Richard Adams) wrote:
    >

    >>Clovis Lark <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:<[email protected]>...

    >>>Jim didn't put anything about Armstrong in the header. It also isn't
    >>>clear from the subject line what O'Grady won. I was rather surprised when
    >>>I opened the email that this was not about his lottery purchase on
    >>>Saturday.

    >>What, did someone think that Patrick O'Grady won a race? That
    >>probably would be news.
    >>
    >>CostCo OFG Beer Run
    >>1. Patrick O'Grady
    >>2. Some teenager with a fake ID
    >>3. Anna Kournikova
    >>4. A very well organized group of squirrels
    >>5. Ronde Champ

    > News? It would herald the End of Days. It was no coincidence that Dean
    > Crandall assigned me the race number 666 some years back.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Patrick O'Grady
    > Mad Dog Media
    > http://www.maddogmedia.com

    I do know that Patrick once took 2nd in a cross race. I hadn't realized
    until now how significant my win was.

    Bret

  11. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    Patrick O'Grady wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] (Richard Adams) wrote:
    >

    >>Clovis Lark <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:<[email protected]>...

    >>>Jim didn't put anything about Armstrong in the header. It also isn't
    >>>clear from the subject line what O'Grady won. I was rather surprised when
    >>>I opened the email that this was not about his lottery purchase on
    >>>Saturday.

    >>What, did someone think that Patrick O'Grady won a race? That
    >>probably would be news.
    >>
    >>CostCo OFG Beer Run
    >>1. Patrick O'Grady
    >>2. Some teenager with a fake ID
    >>3. Anna Kournikova
    >>4. A very well organized group of squirrels
    >>5. Ronde Champ

    > News? It would herald the End of Days. It was no coincidence that Dean
    > Crandall assigned me the race number 666 some years back.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Patrick O'Grady
    > Mad Dog Media
    > http://www.maddogmedia.com

    I do know that Patrick once took 2nd in a cross race. I hadn't realized
    until now how significant my win was.

    Bret

  12. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    Patrick O'Grady wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] (Richard Adams) wrote:
    >

    >>Clovis Lark <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:<[email protected]>...

    >>>Jim didn't put anything about Armstrong in the header. It also isn't
    >>>clear from the subject line what O'Grady won. I was rather surprised when
    >>>I opened the email that this was not about his lottery purchase on
    >>>Saturday.

    >>What, did someone think that Patrick O'Grady won a race? That
    >>probably would be news.
    >>
    >>CostCo OFG Beer Run
    >>1. Patrick O'Grady
    >>2. Some teenager with a fake ID
    >>3. Anna Kournikova
    >>4. A very well organized group of squirrels
    >>5. Ronde Champ

    > News? It would herald the End of Days. It was no coincidence that Dean
    > Crandall assigned me the race number 666 some years back.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Patrick O'Grady
    > Mad Dog Media
    > http://www.maddogmedia.com

    I do know that Patrick once took 2nd in a cross race. I hadn't realized
    until now how significant my win was.

    Bret

  13. lazysegall

    lazysegall Guest

    Kyle Legate wrote:
    > "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:KveHc.11114$-
    > [email protected]:[email protected]
    > > "David Off" wrote...
    > > > O'Grady wins at Chartres in an excellent and tactical finish for the
    > > > breakaway.

    > > It is considered to be in best taste not to put results in headers.
    > >

    > At least if you do, post the podium. That's just polite.

    Yeah RBR protocol is to put results and specificaly podium in the
    header. If your header is "stage 5 results" you will get complaints.
    Personally, I don't care, but if someone is worried about spoilers then
    he should stay away fro RBR. I record on TIVO and I do not check RBR
    before hand

    --

  14. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    lazysegall wrote:

    > Yeah RBR protocol is to put results and specificaly podium in the
    > header. If your header is "stage 5 results" you will get complaints.

    No, the opposite is the case. You put "stage 5 results" in the header
    so that people who want to see the evening broadcast don't know the
    outcome ahead of time. Kind of like OLN last night with Lance in the
    yellow before the TTT was ever done.

    J "according to hoyle" F

  15. TritonRider

    TritonRider Guest

    >From: [email protected] (Richard Adams)

    >What, did someone think that Patrick O'Grady won a race? That
    >probably would be news.
    >
    >CostCo OFG Beer Run
    >1. Patrick O'Grady
    >2. Some teenager with a fake ID
    >3. Anna Kournikova
    >4. A very well organized group of squirrels
    >5. Ronde Champ

    Richard you know the squirrels would beat Anna. They are a hell of a lot more
    talented and smarter.
    Bill C

  16. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    "Kyle Legate" <e>...
    > "Jim Flom" <[email protected]
    > > "David Off" wrote...
    > > > O'Grady wins at Chartres in an excellent and tactical finish for the
    > > > breakaway.

    > > It is considered to be in best taste not to put results in headers.
    > >

    > At least if you do, post the podium. That's just polite.

    I thought it was post the entire podium PLUS the new GC.

  17. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    "Kyle Legate" <e>...
    > "Jim Flom" <[email protected]
    > > "David Off" wrote...
    > > > O'Grady wins at Chartres in an excellent and tactical finish for the
    > > > breakaway.

    > > It is considered to be in best taste not to put results in headers.
    > >

    > At least if you do, post the podium. That's just polite.

    I thought it was post the entire podium PLUS the new GC.

  18. On 07/08/2004 10:20 AM, in article [email protected], "Jim
    Flom" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "David Off" wrote...
    >> O'Grady wins at Chartres in an excellent and tactical finish for the
    >> breakaway.

    > It is considered to be in best taste not to put results in headers.

    .... unless you are going to follow the time-honored tradition in RBR and
    post the entire podium ...

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield
    stevens at veloworks dot com

  19. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Jim Flom wrote:

    > No, the opposite is the case. You put "stage 5 results" in the header
    > so that people who want to see the evening broadcast don't know the
    > outcome ahead of time. Kind of like OLN last night with Lance in the
    > yellow before the TTT was ever done.

    It shocks me that you have been around here for so long, yet have absolutely
    no clue about the RBR results posting etiquette.

  20. David Off

    David Off Guest

    Jim Flom wrote:

    > "David Off" wrote...
    >
    >>O'Grady wins at Chartres in an excellent and tactical finish for the
    >>breakaway.

    > It is considered to be in best taste not to put results in headers.

    noted