Oh Bugger :-( New frame or repair?

Stan Cox

Guest
Hi All Well today I went out to watch a clubmate do a 25. He had his chain come off & wrap round his
chainstay. It looks like it just took the paint off. I nodded sagely and pointed to my chainstay
which I dented the same way about three years ago and said mine's alright because its steel. Riding
home I had this clicking start up while pedalling. I checked my spokes and everything but could find
nothing but when I got home I found my chainstay has a lovely crack going more than half way round
it. The frame is a Columbus Neuron Fausto Coppi. Now the question is do I go for a repair or just
curse & buy a new frame. If I go for a repair does anyone know of a good repairer in SE England? The
downside about replacing it is that I would like to buy something really nice & I cant afford it at
the moment.

Stan Cox

P.S. I do have a frame I can build up & use temporarily, its heavy but it will do for a while

On Sun, 4 May 2003 18:30:55 +0100, "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi All Well today I went out to watch a clubmate do a 25. He had his chain come off & wrap round
>his chainstay. It looks like it just took the paint off. I nodded sagely and pointed to my
>chainstay which I dented the same way about three years ago and said mine's alright because its
>steel. Riding home I had this clicking start up while pedalling. I checked my spokes and everything
>but could find nothing but when I got home I found my chainstay has a lovely crack going more than
>half way round it. The frame is a Columbus Neuron Fausto Coppi. Now the question is do I go for a
>repair or just curse & buy a new frame. If I go for a repair does anyone know of a good repairer in
>SE England? The downside about replacing it is that I would like to buy something really nice & I
>cant afford it at the moment.

Chas Roberts is in Croydon. He can do repairs (or he can sell you a new bike).

Tim

"Tim Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 4 May 2003 18:30:55 +0100, "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
><snip>
>
> Chas Roberts is in Croydon. He can do repairs (or he can sell you a new bike).
>

> Tim

Tim I have always been a fan Of Chas's work and used to work for a shop that sold lots of them. But
yesterday my mind was all over the place & I completely forgot about him. I will call him tomorow
for a chat & probably go for a repair. Thanks a lot for jogging my mind. All the Best

Stan Cox