Oh gee! I wonder what it might be...

azul_fahrrad

Jul 11, 2007
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13062.0.html

Contador plans Friday announcement

By VeloNews.com
Filed: August 8, 2007
[size=-1]Tour de France winner Alberto Contador has scheduled a press event this Friday in Spain, but says he will decline to answer reporters' questions after he reads a prepared statement.[/size]

[size=-1]Contador issued a release Wednesday notifying media of his plans to read a statement at the offices of Spain's national sports council - the Consejo Superior de Deportes - in Madrid.[/size]

[size=-1]Contador will be accompanied by Discovery Channel team director Johann Bruyneel.[/size]

[size=-1]Since winning the 2007 Tour de France, Contador has been the subject of heightened scrutiny regarding his possible involvement with Eufemio Fuentes, the Madrid doctor at the center of the Operación Puerto doping investigation.[/size]

[size=-1]While both Fuentes and Contador have denied working together, German anti-doping activist Werner Franke has reportedly provided investigators at the World Anti-Doping Agency with documents detailing the rider's work with the notorious doctor.[/size]

[size=-1]Contador's Wednesday news release did not state a reason for the announcement, and added that the Discovery rider "will not offer a press conference after the reading of the communiqué."[/size]
----------------------------------------------
Dopers suck! Will Cadel Evans win the yellow jersey? Will my last bit of hope that there are any clean cyclist left be dashed? I guess we'll find out on Friday.