Oh, god

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Serene, Apr 10, 2005.

  1. Serene

    Serene Guest

    Tags:

  2. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <1gus2qt.33mvqgxa4w4nN%[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Serene) wrote:

    > Had a craving for cold cereal.
    >
    > The only milk in the house is heavy (whipping) cream left over from
    > yesterday's strawberry/banana shortcakes.
    >
    > Wheetabix and cream.
    >
    > Oh, my god.
    >
    > serene

    Big mistake... ;-)
    Now you are HOOKED!!! <lol>
    --
    K.

  3. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <1gus2qt.33mvqgxa4w4nN%[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Serene) wrote:

    > Had a craving for cold cereal.
    >
    > The only milk in the house is heavy (whipping) cream left over from
    > yesterday's strawberry/banana shortcakes.
    >
    > Wheetabix and cream.
    >
    > Oh, my god.
    >
    > serene

    Big mistake... ;-)
    Now you are HOOKED!!! <lol>
    --
    K.

  4. AlleyGator

    AlleyGator Guest

    [email protected] (Serene) wrote:

    >Had a craving for cold cereal.
    >
    >The only milk in the house is heavy (whipping) cream left over from
    >yesterday's strawberry/banana shortcakes.
    >
    >Wheetabix and cream.
    >
    >Oh, my god.

    Enjoy it. You wouldn't want to WASTE perfectly good cream, now would
    you? <G>

  5. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Serene wrote:
    > Had a craving for cold cereal.
    >
    > The only milk in the house is heavy (whipping) cream left over from
    > yesterday's strawberry/banana shortcakes.
    >
    > Wheetabix and cream.
    >
    > Oh, my god.
    >
    > serene

    I always have lots of Evap., buy it by the case for my pussys...if it's
    good with meow mix it hasta be great with brecky flakies.

    For as far back as I can remember there's always a couple cans of
    evaporated milk in the pantry... I remember it being purchased with
    ration coupons during WWII... but no way those new fangled latex
    nipples could fool me... do they still have those stuffed bunny bottle
    holders, not even close to the real deal... I don't think bunnies come
    is double DDs.

    Sheldon

  6. Serene

    Serene Guest

    AlleyGator <[email protected]> wrote:

    > [email protected] (Serene) wrote:
    >
    > >Had a craving for cold cereal.
    > >
    > >The only milk in the house is heavy (whipping) cream left over from
    > >yesterday's strawberry/banana shortcakes.
    > >
    > >Wheetabix and cream.
    > >
    > >Oh, my god.

    > Enjoy it. You wouldn't want to WASTE perfectly good cream, now would
    > you? <G>

    Not a chance. It was very very yummy.

    Of course, if cream is in danger of being wasted, I always have my
    standard option -- add it to tea or iced coffee.

    serene
    --
    http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
    http://www.jhuger.com

  7. AlleyGator

    AlleyGator Guest

    "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I always have lots of Evap., buy it by the case for my pussys...if it's
    >good with meow mix it hasta be great with brecky flakies.
    >
    >For as far back as I can remember there's always a couple cans of
    >evaporated milk in the pantry... I remember it being purchased with
    >ration coupons during WWII... but no way those new fangled latex
    >nipples could fool me... do they still have those stuffed bunny bottle
    >holders, not even close to the real deal... I don't think bunnies come
    >is double DDs.
    >
    >Sheldon

    We always keep evap and powdered around - evap mixed half with water
    is just fine for cereal or whatever - better than running to the store
    at odd hours if you forgot milk on the shopping list!

  8. Serene

    Serene Guest

    Dog3 <[email protected];ajklsd;ajlds.nutz> wrote:

    > [email protected] (Serene) wrote in
    > news:1gus2qt.33mvqgxa4w4nN%[email protected]:
    >
    > > Had a craving for cold cereal.
    > >
    > > The only milk in the house is heavy (whipping) cream left over from
    > > yesterday's strawberry/banana shortcakes.
    > >
    > > Wheetabix and cream.
    > >
    > > Oh, my god.
    > >
    > > serene

    > Ohhhh... I can hear those arteries screaming for help clear over here ;)

    *grin* The curse of good genes. Try as I might, my blood pressure,
    blood sugar, and cholesterol insist on staying on the low end of normal.

    serene
    --
    http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
    http://www.jhuger.com

  9. Puester

    Puester Guest

    Dog3 wrote:
    > [email protected] (Serene) wrote in
    > news:1gus2qt.33mvqgxa4w4nN%[email protected]:
    >

    >>Had a craving for cold cereal.
    >>
    >>The only milk in the house is heavy (whipping) cream left over from
    >>yesterday's strawberry/banana shortcakes.
    >>
    >>Wheetabix and cream.
    >>
    >>Oh, my god.
    >>
    >>serene

    > Ohhhh... I can hear those arteries screaming for help clear over here ;)
    >
    > Michael

    Yeah, it probably shortened her life by about 7.5 minutes.

    gloria p
    Ate healthy, died anyway....

  10. Ken Davey

    Ken Davey Guest

    Dog3 wrote:
    > [email protected] (AlleyGator) wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I always have lots of Evap., buy it by the case for my pussys...if
    >>> it's good with meow mix it hasta be great with brecky flakies.
    >>>
    >>> For as far back as I can remember there's always a couple cans of
    >>> evaporated milk in the pantry... I remember it being purchased with
    >>> ration coupons during WWII... but no way those new fangled latex
    >>> nipples could fool me... do they still have those stuffed bunny
    >>> bottle holders, not even close to the real deal... I don't think
    >>> bunnies come is double DDs.
    >>>
    >>> Sheldon
    >>>

    >> We always keep evap and powdered around - evap mixed half with water
    >> is just fine for cereal or whatever - better than running to the
    >> store at odd hours if you forgot milk on the shopping list!
    >>

    > I do not like the powdered milk. My dog will not even drink it. I do
    > keep a can or 2 of evap around at all times though.
    >
    > Michael

    And, lest we forget, sweetened condensed (Eagle brand) milk was THE
    Christmas treat when I was growing up.
    Anybody else have that memory?
    My heart melts when I remember my 'sainted' dad and I sharing that tiny can
    that appeared under the Christmas tree.

    Ken.

    --
    http://www.rupert.net/~solar