Oh Great and Mighty Puncture Deities.

PHP:
Kathy said:
Absent Husband wrote:
> "But I 'think' she means missmatched valves :) "
> <snip>
>
> No - she means mismatched tyres. Lotte has a real thing about it. And
> don't even START about disc brakes... *laughs*
>
> Abby

Well there probably are bad combos,as there certainly are in
motorcycles.. But I would have thought it hard to get an actually
dangerous combination on a pushy.. given on 700cs the width and profile
is fairly limited.

Still someone will prove me wrong I expect.

I can tell you on a VF500 you want a seriously sticky front tire and a
rear tire thats got a harder centre and sticky sides. ANd throw the
front tire away early :(

Dave
PHP:

i'm guessing its more of a colour thing than brands etc. Like a red front with a yellow rear????????????????????????????????????????

monsterman wrote:

> PHP code:
> --------------------
>
> --------------------
> Kathy Wrote:
>
>>Absent Husband wrote:
>>
>>>"But I 'think' she means missmatched valves :) "
>>><snip>
>>>
>>>No - she means mismatched tyres. Lotte has a real thing about it. And
>>>don't even START about disc brakes... *laughs*
>>>
>>>Abby
>>>

>>Well there probably are bad combos,as there certainly are in
>>motorcycles.. But I would have thought it hard to get an actually
>>dangerous combination on a pushy.. given on 700cs the width and profile
>>is fairly limited.
>>
>>Still someone will prove me wrong I expect.
>>
>>I can tell you on a VF500 you want a seriously sticky front tire and a
>>rear tire thats got a harder centre and sticky sides. ANd throw the
>>front tire away early :(
>>
>>Dave

> PHP code:
> --------------------
>
> --------------------
>

> i'm guessing its more of a colour thing than brands etc. Like a red
> front with a yellow rear????????????????????????????????????????

Gawd. Well she is a woman :)

I,m happy if my wheels match.

Dave

Kathy wrote:

> My bloody floor pump has died. I pulled it apart to sus it out. (as I
> have before. Put it back together with lots of grease.,. expecting the
> seals were leaking and it would now at least sort of work. NADA

If "seals" are leaking, that to me means the "washer" on the end of the
pump needs flaring (again {:-(). Yes, it is something I have to do
regularly on my Silca.

Euan wrote:

> Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > You could keep the pump in your jersey pocket. Or get Lotte to carry it
> > for you hahahaha! Just don't ever, ever get caught out with mismatched
> > tyres...

> So running mis-matched tires is daggy? I run a Conti Gatorskin on the
> rear 'cause that's the most p*nc%ure proof tire I've used and a Schwalbe
> Stelvio Plus on the front 'cause that's nice and grippy for stopping.
> Reason for my dagginess :-D

I don't know if Lotte would approve...

Hey, I looked at my bike this morning, with the new bidon cages it looks
much nicer, so nice in fact I considered putting proper bar end plugs
in, instead of bottle tops. Then I decided it'd be much cooler to
replace my rear tyre with a red one, so my front one is yellow, my bike
is orange and my rear tyre is red. Yeah, that's cool!

> FWIW I use a Topeak RoadMorph, have for the last three years. 120 with
> ease, less than a minute of pumping. Big though, halfway between a
> jersey pump and a frame pump.

Oooh, I better post a gear report!

Tam

Kathy wrote:

> Euan wrote:
>
> > Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> writes:
> >

> >>You could keep the pump in your jersey pocket. Or get Lotte to carry it
> >>for you hahahaha! Just don't ever, ever get caught out with mismatched
> >>tyres...

> > So running mis-matched tires is daggy? I run a Conti Gatorskin on the
> > rear 'cause that's the most p*nc%ure proof tire I've used and a Schwalbe
> > Stelvio Plus on the front 'cause that's nice and grippy for stopping.
> > Reason for my dagginess :-D

> It can be a big deal. Some motorcycle tire combinations can be lethal
> But I 'think' she means missmatched valves :)
>
> Dave

Oh no, mismatched COLOURS dude, where's the bling?!

;)

Tam

monsterman wrote:

> i'm guessing its more of a colour thing than brands etc. Like a red
> front with a yellow rear

Real tyres are black.

Theo

Kathy wrote:

> I,m happy if my wheels match.

Your handbag or each other? :)

Theo

Theo Bekkers said:
monsterman wrote:

> i'm guessing its more of a colour thing than brands etc. Like a red
> front with a yellow rear

Real tyres are black.

Theo

Nooooo, blue rimmed tires with my bling blue cannondale road bike looks gorgeous! :D

Theo Bekkers wrote:

> monsterman wrote:
>
> > i'm guessing its more of a colour thing than brands etc. Like a red
> > front with a yellow rear

> Real tyres are black.
>
> Theo

'Tis true!

Tam

"Paulie-AU" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:p[email protected]...

> Lotte and I recommend CO2 bulb thingos. Small and easy
>

> --
> Paulie-AU

I thought that Lotte recommended a mobile phone call to you to effectively
fix a puncture?

retrograded wrote:

> "Paulie-AU" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:p[email protected]...
> >
> > Lotte and I recommend CO2 bulb thingos. Small and easy
> >

> > --
> > Paulie-AU
> >

> I thought that Lotte recommended a mobile phone call to you to effectively
> fix a puncture?

Oh! Good pick up!

How funny would it have been if Paulie drove/scooted out, fixed her
puncture, and sent her on her way (instead of collecting her)... oh,
except for the repercussions, of course...

Tam