Oh, great... now Periero is threatening to quit

Scott

Guest
He got a gift of 30 minutes last July, which he's now proclaiming
wasn't a gift but the results of being smart enough to get into the
right breakaway AND now that HIS name is being sullied about he's
threatening to quit the sport if asked to provide a DNA sample.

He can't even wait for his second big gift, that being the de facto
victory in the '06 TdF. How ironical would it be if he were to walk
away due to implications in Puerto before he was declared the winner
of last year's tour?

Dans le message de
news:[email protected],
Scott <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> He got a gift of 30 minutes last July, which he's now proclaiming
> wasn't a gift but the results of being smart enough to get into the
> right breakaway AND now that HIS name is being sullied about he's
> threatening to quit the sport if asked to provide a DNA sample.
>
> He can't even wait for his second big gift, that being the de facto
> victory in the '06 TdF. How ironical would it be if he were to walk
> away due to implications in Puerto before he was declared the winner
> of last year's tour?

A rum rumor, and you won't get away with it.
I just read, this evening, two dispatches (one French, one Spanish) where he
has specifically agreed to offer a sample, now.
I am tempted to call you a liar, but I will offer you the opportunity to
show reliable evidence that your **** has any authenticity.
--
Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Sandy wrote:

> A rum rumor, and you won't get away with it.
> I just read, this evening, two dispatches (one French, one Spanish)
> where he has specifically agreed to offer a sample, now.
> I am tempted to call you a liar, but I will offer you the opportunity
> to show reliable evidence that your **** has any authenticity.

It's on cyclingnews.com. I'm not saying what's on the CN website is right,
but the OP didn't fabricate the story himself.

--
Bill Asher

Scott wrote:

> He got a gift of 30 minutes last July, which he's now proclaiming
> wasn't a gift but the results of being smart enough to get into the
> right breakaway AND now that HIS name is being sullied about he's
> threatening to quit the sport if asked to provide a DNA sample.
>
> He can't even wait for his second big gift, that being the de facto
> victory in the '06 TdF. How ironical would it be if he were to walk
> away due to implications in Puerto before he was declared the winner
> of last year's tour?

It's beginning to look like pro cycling has more of a crack problem than a
PED problem. Or maybe they all went off the Risperdal together.

--
Bill Asher

On 18 May 2007 22:50:48 GMT, William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:

>Sandy wrote:
>
>> A rum rumor, and you won't get away with it.
>> I just read, this evening, two dispatches (one French, one Spanish)
>> where he has specifically agreed to offer a sample, now.
>> I am tempted to call you a liar, but I will offer you the opportunity
>> to show reliable evidence that your **** has any authenticity.

>It's on cyclingnews.com. I'm not saying what's on the CN website is right,
>but the OP didn't fabricate the story himself.

indeed

"It's outrageous that we, the riders, have to prove our innocence. I
am willing to deliver all, but if I have to prove my innocence via my
DNA, I will leave cycling, because it's clear that cycling in this
form is not worth it." "

wow you are one reactionary *****

On May 18, 6:51 pm, William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:
> Scott wrote:
> > He got a gift of 30 minutes last July, which he's now proclaiming
> > wasn't a gift but the results of being smart enough to get into the
> > right breakaway AND now that HIS name is being sullied about he's
> > threatening to quit the sport if asked to provide a DNA sample.

> > He can't even wait for his second big gift, that being the de facto
> > victory in the '06 TdF. How ironical would it be if he were to walk
> > away due to implications in Puerto before he was declared the winner
> > of last year's tour?

> It's beginning to look like pro cycling has more of a crack problem than a
> PED problem. Or maybe they all went off the Risperdal together.
>
> --
> Bill Asher

Velonews still has the "I'll quit" version:
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/12277.0.html
but CN has this, which has this confusing paragraph in it:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/may07/may19news
Quoted:
However, Galician is disappointed with the publicity, and the fact
that cyclists are constantly accused without basis. "I am bored and
tired of the fact that people are accused only for signs. We have to
realise a general change in the cycling, at all levels, but, above
all, in the direction. It's outrageous that we, the riders, have to
prove our innocence. I am willing to deliver all, but if I have to
prove my innocence via my DNA, I will leave cycling, because it's
clear that cycling in this form is not worth it."

I'm not sure from the stories who to attribute those statements to?
Translation problems maybe?
Bill C

Scott wrote:
> He got a gift of 30 minutes last July, which he's now proclaiming
> wasn't a gift but the results of being smart enough to get into the
> right breakaway AND now that HIS name is being sullied about he's
> threatening to quit the sport if asked to provide a DNA sample.
>
> He can't even wait for his second big gift, that being the de facto
> victory in the '06 TdF. How ironical would it be if he were to walk
> away due to implications in Puerto before he was declared the winner
> of last year's tour?

I'm sure the ASO will be *SO DEVASTATED* if he doesn't show up