Oh no, A Kmart bike..

colinbee

Jul 22, 2007
Hi all,

Just joined up here but been cycling for ages.

As I'm now 60 I got myself an Electric Bike.
Yes, it's a Kmart cheapy.."Ezip Trailz".
Cost ?... wait for it...$399..Oh yes I know what you're all thinking.

Anyway, what I'd like to know is, how noisy are Electric bikes usually?

This one makes a whining noise which is easily heard by folk as I approach and can indeed be annoying. It's loud enough to hear across a road and turn heads as I go along.
Also the 24 volt battery pack will only drive the thing for approx 12kms at best, and that's with pedal assist.

So..if there are any comments/suggestions, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks folks,
Colin in Burleigh Heads Qld.

Umm!

Hate to sound unkind but,

you do get (and deserve) what you pay for...

SCotty

colinbee said:
Hi all,

This one makes a whining noise which is easily heard by folk as I approach and can indeed be annoying. It's loud enough to hear across a road and turn heads as I go along.
Also the 24 volt battery pack will only drive the thing for approx 12kms at best, and that's with pedal assist.

Thanks folks,

I hate to say it but cheaper the motor the more noise. You get this is model trains. Cheap trains make noticable sound where a medium cost to expensive will make almost no noise.

Donald

Many thanks to you all for your relplies...

Yes, one does get what one pays for and as scotty mentions, deserves to get what one pays for...:eek: Not unkind at all, Scotty.

Interesting to note that the more expensive bikes may well be quieter..come on Santa..I deserve it..:)

Tallebugera Creek...Actually I live about 1km from there..but the bike is really a bit too good for that purpose...yet!!
Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun with it, zooming around Dunlin Drive and scaring all the crows and diving magpies !!

Thanks to you all and I'll let the forum know how the bike proceeds in the fullness of time.:)

Colin.

Avanti do an electric bike for around $1700.
This looks to be good quality with an Australian designed and built motor in the front wheel and is a real bike.

colinbee said:
Hi all,

Thanks folks,
Colin you should take your scooter and do the Burleigh Worlds criterium with Mcewen and Gates

Hi Thunder,

I'm not sure if your reply is a suggestion or a comment :confused:

If you would perhaps elaborate....I mean, it sounds interesting..I think..

Colin.