oil, chain

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by chrisrange, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. chrisrange

    chrisrange Guest

    I had my new Specialized 'Allez', worked on a couple weeks ago. Ever
    since then, when I ride it, I get oil spewed all over my right calf. I
    took it in, again, last week and, they checked the chain. The tech
    said, after he wiped it off and, checked it out that, it should be fine.
    Well, It is still getting on my leg. Any ideas on, how I can fix this
    irritating problem?

    Tags:

  2. Threeducks

    Threeducks Guest

    chrisrange wrote:
    > I had my new Specialized 'Allez', worked on a couple weeks ago. Ever
    > since then, when I ride it, I get oil spewed all over my right calf. I
    > took it in, again, last week and, they checked the chain. The tech
    > said, after he wiped it off and, checked it out that, it should be fine.
    > Well, It is still getting on my leg. Any ideas on, how I can fix this
    > irritating problem?

    Use a different kind of lubricant on the chain. I've had good luck with
    the "Finish Line" series of products.

  3. chrisrange

    chrisrange Guest

    Threeducks wrote:
    > chrisrange wrote:
    >
    >> I had my new Specialized 'Allez', worked on a couple weeks ago. Ever
    >> since then, when I ride it, I get oil spewed all over my right calf.
    >> I took it in, again, last week and, they checked the chain. The tech
    >> said, after he wiped it off and, checked it out that, it should be
    >> fine. Well, It is still getting on my leg. Any ideas on, how I can
    >> fix this irritating problem?
    >>

    > Use a different kind of lubricant on the chain. I've had good luck with
    > the "Finish Line" series of products.

    Thanks, I will give it go.

  4. Craig

    Craig Guest

    > I had my new Specialized 'Allez', worked on a couple weeks ago. Ever
    > since then, when I ride it, I get oil spewed all over my right calf. I
    > took it in, again, last week and, they checked the chain. The tech
    > said, after he wiped it off and, checked it out that, it should be fine.
    > Well, It is still getting on my leg. Any ideas on, how I can fix this
    > irritating problem?

    I just started using a product called ProLink about 2 months ago. Best lube
    yet! (in my opinion).

  5. Roger Moore

    Roger Moore Guest

    ProLink is the best lube out there. Although somewhat thinner than most
    lubes. Just make sure you clean and lube frequently.

    "Craig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > > I had my new Specialized 'Allez', worked on a couple weeks ago. Ever
    > > since then, when I ride it, I get oil spewed all over my right calf. I
    > > took it in, again, last week and, they checked the chain. The tech
    > > said, after he wiped it off and, checked it out that, it should be fine.
    > > Well, It is still getting on my leg. Any ideas on, how I can fix this
    > > irritating problem?
    > >

    > I just started using a product called ProLink about 2 months ago. Best

    lube
    > yet! (in my opinion).

  6. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
    says...

    >I had my new Specialized 'Allez', worked on a couple weeks ago. Ever
    >since then, when I ride it, I get oil spewed all over my right calf. I
    >took it in, again, last week and, they checked the chain. The tech
    >said, after he wiped it off and, checked it out that, it should be fine.
    > Well, It is still getting on my leg. Any ideas on, how I can fix this
    >irritating problem?

    wipe down the chain with a rag till it looks dry.
    Alex