oil, chain

chrisrange

Guest
I had my new Specialized 'Allez', worked on a couple weeks ago. Ever
since then, when I ride it, I get oil spewed all over my right calf. I
took it in, again, last week and, they checked the chain. The tech
said, after he wiped it off and, checked it out that, it should be fine.
Well, It is still getting on my leg. Any ideas on, how I can fix this
irritating problem?

chrisrange wrote:
> I had my new Specialized 'Allez', worked on a couple weeks ago. Ever
> since then, when I ride it, I get oil spewed all over my right calf. I
> took it in, again, last week and, they checked the chain. The tech
> said, after he wiped it off and, checked it out that, it should be fine.
> Well, It is still getting on my leg. Any ideas on, how I can fix this
> irritating problem?

Use a different kind of lubricant on the chain. I've had good luck with
the "Finish Line" series of products.

Threeducks wrote:
> chrisrange wrote:
>
>> I had my new Specialized 'Allez', worked on a couple weeks ago. Ever
>> since then, when I ride it, I get oil spewed all over my right calf.
>> I took it in, again, last week and, they checked the chain. The tech
>> said, after he wiped it off and, checked it out that, it should be
>> fine. Well, It is still getting on my leg. Any ideas on, how I can
>> fix this irritating problem?
>>

> Use a different kind of lubricant on the chain. I've had good luck with
> the "Finish Line" series of products.

Thanks, I will give it go.

> I had my new Specialized 'Allez', worked on a couple weeks ago. Ever
> since then, when I ride it, I get oil spewed all over my right calf. I
> took it in, again, last week and, they checked the chain. The tech
> said, after he wiped it off and, checked it out that, it should be fine.
> Well, It is still getting on my leg. Any ideas on, how I can fix this
> irritating problem?

I just started using a product called ProLink about 2 months ago. Best lube
yet! (in my opinion).

ProLink is the best lube out there. Although somewhat thinner than most
lubes. Just make sure you clean and lube frequently.

"Craig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > I had my new Specialized 'Allez', worked on a couple weeks ago. Ever
> > since then, when I ride it, I get oil spewed all over my right calf. I
> > took it in, again, last week and, they checked the chain. The tech
> > said, after he wiped it off and, checked it out that, it should be fine.
> > Well, It is still getting on my leg. Any ideas on, how I can fix this
> > irritating problem?
> >

> I just started using a product called ProLink about 2 months ago. Best

lube
> yet! (in my opinion).

says...

>I had my new Specialized 'Allez', worked on a couple weeks ago. Ever
>since then, when I ride it, I get oil spewed all over my right calf. I
>took it in, again, last week and, they checked the chain. The tech
>said, after he wiped it off and, checked it out that, it should be fine.
> Well, It is still getting on my leg. Any ideas on, how I can fix this
>irritating problem?

wipe down the chain with a rag till it looks dry.
Alex