Oiling every day keeps the bike mechanics away

Micheal Artindale

Guest
About a week ago, i replaces my rear derailer, again. One of the cogs was
badly worn. The main reason for replacement was also due to the fact my
chain was skipping. I hadnt oiled in a week, and have been riding to and
form work on salted roads.

So, every morning I coat my chain with 80W90 Gear oil. Has the viscosity of
honey.

Over the last couple of days i have gained back some more gear choices that
dont skip. I had one that would not skip, now, almost all dont skip.

Lesson learned. LUBE YOUR CHAIN

Micheal

"Micheal Artindale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:tjtwd.27173$%[email protected]...
> About a week ago, i replaces my rear derailer, again. One of the cogs was
> badly worn. The main reason for replacement was also due to the fact my
> chain was skipping. I hadnt oiled in a week, and have been riding to and
> form work on salted roads.
>
> So, every morning I coat my chain with 80W90 Gear oil. Has the viscosity

of
> honey.
>
> Over the last couple of days i have gained back some more gear choices

that
> dont skip. I had one that would not skip, now, almost all dont skip.
>
> Lesson learned. LUBE YOUR CHAIN

Lesson learned. DON'T WASTE TIME POLISHING A TURD.

I can't remember the last time I oiled my chain and I can't remember the
last time my gears skipped.

GT

G.T. wrote:
> "Micheal Artindale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:tjtwd.27173$%[email protected]...
>
>>About a week ago, i replaces my rear derailer, again. One of the cogs was
>>badly worn. The main reason for replacement was also due to the fact my
>>chain was skipping. I hadnt oiled in a week, and have been riding to and
>>form work on salted roads.
>>
>>So, every morning I coat my chain with 80W90 Gear oil. Has the viscosity

> of
>
>>honey.
>>
>>Over the last couple of days i have gained back some more gear choices

> that
>
>>dont skip. I had one that would not skip, now, almost all dont skip.
>>
>>Lesson learned. LUBE YOUR CHAIN
>>

> Lesson learned. DON'T WASTE TIME POLISHING A TURD.
>
> I can't remember the last time I oiled my chain and I can't remember the
> last time my gears skipped.
>
> GT

Hmmm... Same here. Although, I have to hose out the sand every now and
then, but only because I can't stand the grinding noise.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

> Then you ain't changing 'em soon enough ',;~}~
> Shaun aRe

Probably right :) I can never decide, the degredation is so long term i
forget what new feels like until i have it again lol.