OK Brian, Bruce etc..Foreign Policy WAY OT

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bill C, Jan 9, 2005.

  1. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    How about you tell us how we reconcile our beliefs in human rights and
    democracy in todays world? Sharia law is diametrically opposed to
    western values, yet Canada wants to impose it on Muslim females. The
    slaughter in Africa is based aroung the tribal warfare Henry keeps
    bringing up, but as PC North Americans and Europeans we have to accept
    these cultures as equal to ours.
    Please tell me how you people can reconcile your values with
    supporting these culturews including China and Cuba.
    Bill C
    Sorry Ken

    Tags:

  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > How about you tell us how we reconcile our beliefs in human rights and
    > democracy in todays world? Sharia law is diametrically opposed to
    > western values, yet Canada wants to impose it on Muslim females. The
    > slaughter in Africa is based aroung the tribal warfare Henry keeps
    > bringing up, but as PC North Americans and Europeans we have to accept
    > these cultures as equal to ours.
    > Please tell me how you people can reconcile your values with
    > supporting these culturews including China and Cuba.
    > Bill C
    > Sorry Ken

    Bill, you're starting to ramble, and not all that coherently.

  3. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    B. Lafferty wrote:
    > "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > How about you tell us how we reconcile our beliefs in human rights

    and
    > > democracy in todays world? Sharia law is diametrically opposed to
    > > western values, yet Canada wants to impose it on Muslim females.

    The
    > > slaughter in Africa is based aroung the tribal warfare Henry keeps
    > > bringing up, but as PC North Americans and Europeans we have to

    accept
    > > these cultures as equal to ours.
    > > Please tell me how you people can reconcile your values with
    > > supporting these culturews including China and Cuba.
    > > Bill C
    > > Sorry Ken

    > Bill, you're starting to ramble, and not all that coherently.

    How about you give us your version of a successful foreign policy. You
    need to make it work in the real world.
    Bill C

  4. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > How about you tell us how we reconcile our beliefs in human rights and
    > democracy in todays world? Sharia law is diametrically opposed to
    > western values, yet Canada wants to impose it on Muslim females. The
    > slaughter in Africa is based aroung the tribal warfare Henry keeps
    > bringing up, but as PC North Americans and Europeans we have to accept
    > these cultures as equal to ours.
    > Please tell me how you people can reconcile your values with
    > supporting these culturews including China and Cuba.
    > Bill C
    > Sorry Ken

    I'll get back to you Bill. Right now I am trying to keep my house and
    garages from floating away. Sierraman is really getting hammered with rain!
    Here a few photos I was sharing with my cousins. Raining buckets as we
    speak!

    http://216.219.161.193/files/01.jpg
    http://216.219.161.193/files/02.jpg
    http://216.219.161.193/files/03.jpg
    http://216.219.161.193/files/04.jpg
    http://216.219.161.193/files/05.jpg
    http://216.219.161.193/files/06.jpg
    http://216.219.161.193/files/07.jpg
    http://216.219.161.193/files/08.jpg
    http://216.219.161.193/files/09.jpg
    http://216.219.161.193/files/10.jpg
    http://216.219.161.193/files/11.jpg
    http://216.219.161.193/files/12.jpg
    http://216.219.161.193/files/13.jpg
    http://216.219.161.193/files/14.jpg

  5. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    Sierraman wrote:
    > "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > How about you tell us how we reconcile our beliefs in human rights

    and
    > > democracy in todays world? Sharia law is diametrically opposed to
    > > western values, yet Canada wants to impose it on Muslim females.

    The
    > > slaughter in Africa is based aroung the tribal warfare Henry keeps
    > > bringing up, but as PC North Americans and Europeans we have to

    accept
    > > these cultures as equal to ours.
    > > Please tell me how you people can reconcile your values with
    > > supporting these culturews including China and Cuba.
    > > Bill C
    > > Sorry Ken

    > I'll get back to you Bill. Right now I am trying to keep my house and
    > garages from floating away. Sierraman is really getting hammered with

    rain!
    > Here a few photos I was sharing with my cousins. Raining buckets as

    we
    > speak!
    >
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/01.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/02.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/03.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/04.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/05.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/06.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/07.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/08.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/09.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/10.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/11.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/12.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/13.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/14.jpg

    Don't sweat this shit because it doesn't matter. Good luck with the
    weather. You need to move to somewhere more hospitable like Buffalo;-)
    Bill C

  6. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> How about you tell us how we reconcile our beliefs in human rights and
    >> democracy in todays world? Sharia law is diametrically opposed to
    >> western values, yet Canada wants to impose it on Muslim females. The
    >> slaughter in Africa is based aroung the tribal warfare Henry keeps
    >> bringing up, but as PC North Americans and Europeans we have to accept
    >> these cultures as equal to ours.
    >> Please tell me how you people can reconcile your values with
    >> supporting these culturews including China and Cuba.
    >> Bill C
    >> Sorry Ken

    > I'll get back to you Bill. Right now I am trying to keep my house and
    > garages from floating away. Sierraman is really getting hammered with
    > rain!
    > Here a few photos I was sharing with my cousins. Raining buckets as we
    > speak!
    >
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/01.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/02.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/03.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/04.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/05.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/06.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/07.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/08.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/09.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/10.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/11.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/12.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/13.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/14.jpg

    Looks like typical BC weather to me...

    JF

  7. Bill C wrote:
    > How about you tell us how we reconcile our beliefs in human rights

    and
    > democracy in todays world? Sharia law is diametrically opposed to
    > western values, yet Canada wants to impose it on Muslim females. The
    > slaughter in Africa is based aroung the tribal warfare Henry keeps
    > bringing up, but as PC North Americans and Europeans we have to

    accept
    > these cultures as equal to ours.
    > Please tell me how you people can reconcile your values with
    > supporting these culturews including China and Cuba.

    Dumbass -

    You don't reconcile those values.

    You understand that you can't make other cultures accept your values
    any more than other cultures can make your culture accept their values.
    K. Gringioni.

  8. psycholist

    psycholist Guest

    > Bill C wrote:
    >> How about you tell us how we reconcile our beliefs in human rights

    > and
    >> democracy in todays world? Sharia law is diametrically opposed to
    >> western values, yet Canada wants to impose it on Muslim females. The
    >> slaughter in Africa is based aroung the tribal warfare Henry keeps
    >> bringing up, but as PC North Americans and Europeans we have to

    > accept
    >> these cultures as equal to ours.
    >> Please tell me how you people can reconcile your values with
    >> supporting these culturews including China and Cuba.

    > Dumbass -
    >
    > You don't reconcile those values.
    >
    > You understand that you can't make other cultures accept your values
    > any more than other cultures can make your culture accept their values.
    > K. Gringioni.

    I think this is pretty well said. It's like fire ants. Nothing really
    works against them and if you go kicking their hills, it's really just gonna
    get nasty (they swarm all over). So let the nasty little devils have their
    little hills. Just do your best to avoid them and keep them out of your own
    back yard.

    Bob C.

  9. Tim Lines

    Tim Lines Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > Bill C wrote:
    >
    >>How about you tell us how we reconcile our beliefs in human rights

    > and
    >
    >>democracy in todays world? Sharia law is diametrically opposed to
    >>western values, yet Canada wants to impose it on Muslim females. The
    >>slaughter in Africa is based aroung the tribal warfare Henry keeps
    >>bringing up, but as PC North Americans and Europeans we have to

    > accept
    >
    >>these cultures as equal to ours.
    >>Please tell me how you people can reconcile your values with
    >>supporting these culturews including China and Cuba.

    > Dumbass -
    >
    > You don't reconcile those values.
    >
    > You understand that you can't make other cultures accept your values
    > any more than other cultures can make your culture accept their values.
    > K. Gringioni.

    That's no way to run an empire.

  10. On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 23:42:43 -0500, "psycholist" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I think this is pretty well said. It's like fire ants. Nothing really
    >works against them and if you go kicking their hills, it's really just gonna
    >get nasty (they swarm all over). So let the nasty little devils have their
    >little hills. Just do your best to avoid them and keep them out of your own
    >back yard.
    >
    >Bob C.

    If you're a Fatty Master, you sit on the ant hills and squash the
    little buggers. Trust me, it may take a few minutes, but try and stay
    still.

    Curtis L. Russell
    Odenton, MD (USA)
    Just someone on two wheels...

  11. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    > You understand that you can't make other cultures accept your values
    > any more than other cultures can make your culture accept their values.
    > K. Gringioni.

    Henry's been reading the Star Trek Guide to How to Run the Universe again.

    JF

  12. Sierraman wrote:

    > I'll get back to you Bill. Right now I am trying to keep my house and
    > garages from floating away. Sierraman is really getting hammered with rain!
    > Here a few photos I was sharing with my cousins. Raining buckets as we
    > speak!
    >
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/01.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/02.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/03.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/04.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/05.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/06.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/07.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/08.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/09.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/10.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/11.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/12.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/13.jpg
    > http://216.219.161.193/files/14.jpg

    Oh, man! I guess news of south asia kinda crowds normal-scale
    disasters out of the news.
    Hope you make out alright.

    Steve

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
    http://www.dentaltwins.com

  13. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    >> Bill, you're starting to ramble, and not all that coherently.

    > How about you give us your version of a successful foreign policy. You
    > need to make it work in the real world.

    Hey, that's pretty good - asking Lafferty to make sense is sort of like
    asking pork to be kosher.

  14. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> Bill C wrote:
    >>> How about you tell us how we reconcile our beliefs in human rights

    >> and
    >>> democracy in todays world? Sharia law is diametrically opposed to
    >>> western values, yet Canada wants to impose it on Muslim females. The
    >>> slaughter in Africa is based aroung the tribal warfare Henry keeps
    >>> bringing up, but as PC North Americans and Europeans we have to

    >> accept
    >>> these cultures as equal to ours.
    >>> Please tell me how you people can reconcile your values with
    >>> supporting these culturews including China and Cuba.

    >> Dumbass -
    >>
    >> You don't reconcile those values.
    >>
    >> You understand that you can't make other cultures accept your values
    >> any more than other cultures can make your culture accept their values.
    >> K. Gringioni.
    >>

    > I think this is pretty well said. It's like fire ants. Nothing really
    > works against them and if you go kicking their hills, it's really just
    > gonna get nasty (they swarm all over). So let the nasty little devils
    > have their little hills. Just do your best to avoid them and keep them
    > out of your own back yard.
    >
    > Bob C.

    Well, here's the point - most of the people in the world are just trying to
    get along as best they can. To pretend that most of the Arab countries are
    free to do 'as they please' simply ignores that fact that most of them do so
    not out of religious convictions but because they'd be punished by
    authorities if they tried to live free in any sense that we as Americans
    know.

  15. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> You understand that you can't make other cultures accept your values
    >> any more than other cultures can make your culture accept their values.
    >> K. Gringioni.

    > Henry's been reading the Star Trek Guide to How to Run the Universe again.

    Well, Jim, you dead square centered that one.

  16. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Sierraman wrote:
    >

    > > I'll get back to you Bill. Right now I am trying to keep my house and
    > > garages from floating away. Sierraman is really getting hammered with

    rain!
    > > Here a few photos I was sharing with my cousins. Raining buckets as we
    > > speak!
    > >
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/01.jpg
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/02.jpg
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/03.jpg
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/04.jpg
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/05.jpg
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/06.jpg
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/07.jpg
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/08.jpg
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/09.jpg
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/10.jpg
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/11.jpg
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/12.jpg
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/13.jpg
    > > http://216.219.161.193/files/14.jpg
    > >

    > Oh, man! I guess news of south asia kinda crowds normal-scale
    > disasters out of the news.
    > Hope you make out alright.
    >
    > Steve
    > Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

    I watched the creek crest just a few inches from flooding the pond and
    coming ever closing to the garage all day. It was quite a site. I have
    actually never seen this here before like that all day, except once when it
    rained 6 inches in one day but that one was not as severe overall as it rose
    and receded quicker. As you know California has been getting hammered for
    10+ days now. Another storm coming tomorrow. Where I live gets much more
    rain then the valley down below. I have a boat and raft ready if needed. The
    big 7000 foot climb close to my house is plastered with snow. Quite a site.
    :)

    B-

  17. Sierraman wrote:

    > I watched the creek crest just a few inches from flooding the pond and
    > coming ever closing to the garage all day. It was quite a site. I have
    > actually never seen this here before like that all day, except once when it
    > rained 6 inches in one day but that one was not as severe overall as it rose
    > and receded quicker. As you know California has been getting hammered for
    > 10+ days now. Another storm coming tomorrow. Where I live gets much more
    > rain then the valley down below. I have a boat and raft ready if needed. The
    > big 7000 foot climb close to my house is plastered with snow. Quite a site.
    > :)
    >
    > B-

    Sheesh! Take care!

    Steve

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
    http://www.dentaltwins.com

  18. Mark Fennell

    Mark Fennell Guest

    "Sierraman" <[email protected]ratel.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS" <[email protected]> wrote in

    message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Sierraman wrote:
    > >

    > > > I'll get back to you Bill. Right now I am trying to keep my house and
    > > > garages from floating away. Sierraman is really getting hammered with

    > rain!
    > > > Here a few photos I was sharing with my cousins. Raining buckets as we
    > > > speak!
    > > >
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/01.jpg
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/02.jpg
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/03.jpg
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/04.jpg
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/05.jpg
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/06.jpg
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/07.jpg
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/08.jpg
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/09.jpg
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/10.jpg
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/11.jpg
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/12.jpg
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/13.jpg
    > > > http://216.219.161.193/files/14.jpg
    > > >

    > > Oh, man! I guess news of south asia kinda crowds normal-scale
    > > disasters out of the news.
    > > Hope you make out alright.
    > >
    > > Steve
    > > Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

    > I watched the creek crest just a few inches from flooding the pond and
    > coming ever closing to the garage all day. It was quite a site. I have
    > actually never seen this here before like that all day, except once when

    it
    > rained 6 inches in one day but that one was not as severe overall as it

    rose
    > and receded quicker. As you know California has been getting hammered for
    > 10+ days now. Another storm coming tomorrow. Where I live gets much more
    > rain then the valley down below. I have a boat and raft ready if needed.

    The
    > big 7000 foot climb close to my house is plastered with snow. Quite a

    site.
    > :)

    Yes, we've had an amazing amount of rain and snow, and not just in the high
    mountains. We had over twenty inches of rain *just since Friday* in back of
    Santa Barbara. All access in and out was cut off for a while yesterday. And
    the back roads around Santa Barbara county are a disaster. Just in time for
    the DiscoveryChannel team's arrival!

    Here are some pictures taken of hwy 101, the major coastal route in southern
    California:

    http://www.opl.ucsb.edu/grace/lc/lc04.html

    Incredible.

    Mark
    (
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/e500747dcad947ed
    )
    what a difference a month makes...can you say "Karma"!?!

  19. "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]

    > Bill C wrote:
    > > How about you tell us how we reconcile our beliefs in human rights

    > and
    > > democracy in todays world? Sharia law is diametrically opposed to
    > > western values, yet Canada wants to impose it on Muslim females. The
    > > slaughter in Africa is based aroung the tribal warfare Henry keeps
    > > bringing up, but as PC North Americans and Europeans we have to

    > accept
    > > these cultures as equal to ours.
    > > Please tell me how you people can reconcile your values with
    > > supporting these culturews including China and Cuba.

    > Dumbass -
    >
    > You don't reconcile those values.
    >
    > You understand that you can't make other cultures accept your values
    > any more than other cultures can make your culture accept their values.
    > K. Gringioni.

    Nationalism almost inevitably implies moral relativism. The conflict for the
    nationalist is that he desperately wants to be a moral absolutist, while he
    really isn't: deep down he is convinced that right and wrong are
    geographically defined. The typical solution is as logical as it is scary.
    It is to make sure that as much of the world as possible belongs to the same
    place, i.e. expand the nation to any practical limit.

    Jonathan.

  20. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Mark Fennell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS" <[email protected]> wrote in

    > message
    > > news:[email protected]

    and

    with
    > > rain!

    we

    > > > Oh, man! I guess news of south asia kinda crowds normal-scale
    > > > disasters out of the news.
    > > > Hope you make out alright.
    > > >
    > > > Steve
    > > > Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

    > > I watched the creek crest just a few inches from flooding the pond and
    > > coming ever closing to the garage all day. It was quite a site. I have
    > > actually never seen this here before like that all day, except once when

    > it
    > > rained 6 inches in one day but that one was not as severe overall as it

    > rose
    > > and receded quicker. As you know California has been getting hammered

    for
    > > 10+ days now. Another storm coming tomorrow. Where I live gets much more
    > > rain then the valley down below. I have a boat and raft ready if needed.

    > The
    > > big 7000 foot climb close to my house is plastered with snow. Quite a

    > site.
    > > :)
    > >

    > Yes, we've had an amazing amount of rain and snow, and not just in the

    high
    > mountains. We had over twenty inches of rain *just since Friday* in back

    of
    > Santa Barbara. All access in and out was cut off for a while yesterday.

    And
    > the back roads around Santa Barbara county are a disaster. Just in time

    for
    > the DiscoveryChannel team's arrival!
    >
    > Here are some pictures taken of hwy 101, the major coastal route in

    southern
    > California:
    >
    > http://www.opl.ucsb.edu/grace/lc/lc04.html
    >
    > Incredible.
    >
    > Mark
    > (

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/e500747dcad947ed
    > )
    > what a difference a month makes...can you say "Karma"!?!

    My friend who works at the Art Museum on state street has been keeping me
    clued in about Santa Barbara. Some of the underpasses near the ocean fill
    with water is the first sign something is going south quickly. I heard from
    the first storm alone 11 inches fell in the Santa Barbara mountains. Since
    the last storm and today, I wouldn't be surprised if there was 30 inches of
    rain total in some spots of the Santa Barbara mountains which are huge. They
    hold a lot of water but that is amazing. He did speculate that the lake and
    reservoirs are filling up quickly coming off the drought. Marcos pass
    received 25 inches according to the news.

    That's just off the scale!

    B-