Ok girls - just how many of us are there here?

bikerchick76 said:
Only problem I have is there is no drill holes where I can attach my water bottle cage so i'll need to find an alternative.
You can attach your water bottle cages to your handlebars using a water bottle cage "mount" which clamps onto the handlebars ... mounting the water bottle cages on handlebar was the normal way before WWII.

Or, simply wear a hydration pack.

VadarStrikesBack said:
Xlab and any/all triathlon bottle holders that attach from the back of your saddle are banned in Australia.

Why are they banned?

If Americans can use them without falling off what does that say about y'alls mad bike riding skillz..? ;)

If have one on the back of the saddle for those long summer rides where 2 bottles just aint enough.

VadarStrikesBack said:
Xlab and any/all triathlon bottle holders that attach from the back of your saddle are banned in Australia. In Victoria you receive on the spot $180 fines. So be careful.
Linky?

Not that I have any but I'm curious, coz I've seen these around especially on the GVBR.

matagi said:
Linky?

Not that I have any but I'm curious, coz I've seen these around especially on the GVBR.

It's just another one of my failed comedy routines.

Hydration packs, saddle bottle cage mounts and other such paraphernalia ought to be banned.

swampy1970 said:
If Americans can use them without falling off what does that say about y'alls mad bike riding skillz..? ;)

I rest my case.

ratbag said:
If have one on the back of the saddle for those long summer rides where 2 bottles just aint enough.

No one needs more than 2 bidons for any training ride. ever.

matagi said:
Linky?

Geezus ker-riste you people couldn't see humour if it came up and turkey slapped you in the face:p

VadarStrikesBack said:
Hydration packs, saddle bottle cage mounts and other such paraphernalia ought to be banned.
Vadar you are just a viscous Audax-phobic bigot. When will the persecution end.

Jono L said:

When someone manages to keep him on a bike for more than 200km.

Jono L said:
That should be "vicious" - unless you really think he is glutinous and sticky. :p

As for the missed humour - I was thrown by the fact that he had left his natural habitat and was posting to a wider audience.

alienator said:
Come take a long training ride in the desert some time.

You are allowed to re-fill them numnuts. Carrying three bidons or more is for loonies and transvestites.

Plus why would you ride in a desert anyway. Deserts are overrated.

VadarStrikesBack said:
You are allowed to re-fill them numnuts. Carrying three bidons or more is for loonies and transvestites.

Plus why would you ride in a desert anyway. Deserts are overrated.

When you're an hour from the nearest store, camp ground or public pisspot what ya supposed to do? Make like the dude in Man Vs Wild and start eating some weird grass in an attempt to imbibe a minute amount of moisture? Feck doing that when it's 40+C outside.

swampy1970 said:
When you're an hour from the nearest store, camp ground or public pisspot what ya supposed to do? Make like the dude in Man Vs Wild and start eating some weird grass in an attempt to imbibe a minute amount of moisture? Feck doing that when it's 40+C outside.
I think picking your training routes a little better may pay off.;)

Jono L said:
I think picking your training routes a little better may pay off.;)

I got flat lands out in the middle of nowhere to the east and big hills with one store enroute (it's a 100km loop) to the west. North and south are just rubbish... I gotta deal with what I've got - but the hilly routes over towards the Napa valley are just ace...

I just bought my first bike in ages yesterday: 2009 Marin Portafina. I will take my first ride tomorrow afternoon as I still need to get a new helmet and clipless pedals. I'm excited to explore the Reno hills!

Cool to find a cycling discussion group for women.
I'm a big MTB fan and I own a bike rental business in Marbella, Spain. www.marbellarentabike.com

I've just recently started with the racing bike, I really like spinning so I though I would like the racing bike too...I'm loving it!

If any of you girls are ever around Marbella, on holiday or pre-season training, hook up with us on our guided tours. :)

Hi! I'm Angel from Birmingham, Alabama. I'm new to the sport and the forum. However, I'm addicted already as well as being committed.

Any advice for a newbie?

I am also new to the sport of cycling and it is very addicting. In fact, just few months after I bought a mountain bike, I also got myself a road bike just not to miss my biking days since it's been raining too much and trails here in North Texas are muddy most of the time. :D

...Hi, well I have a bit of problem...I´m new here :eek:
I dont know much about bikes, but I want to learn
Can anyone help me please!!!!
...I want to find SCOTT dress (black color) on e-bay, but I dont know on which name to look :confused:
can enyone send me a link from e-bay, I would appreciate it very much

I hope someone will reply soon
HEEELLP MEEE:rolleyes:

tnx kiss