Ok girls - just how many of us are there here?

I am new to this forum. I just wanted to check out some forums other than the locals.<br />I am from Dallas, Texas an have been riding for about 2 years and raced my first Texas series last spring. Now I'm hooked and will be racing again this spring series starting in Feb. <br />What is the biking like where you all are from. Are there many women who ride/race? <br />This forum is very different from the local one I'm used to reading. There is usually a new post about every minute or so. Some people are pretty obsessed and many of them talk a lot of smack. It can be pretty amusing. :)

Hi there all,

I just joined yesterday. I live in North California, and will be getting my new mountain bike this week - can't wait!

I will be getting the Raleigh Tess for a start.

Happy Trails!

-Bernie

Just joined this forum a couple of days ago.....age 24....civil estimator by day (this means i price civil constructions like bridges, roads and subdivisions for a living)....am in the middle of my Civil Engineering degree.....have always enjoyed casual touring and mountain bike riding and am about to embark on my first solo tour....brisbane to sydney ( aprrox 1100km) it is to raise money for Cancer research and the mater children's hospital in brisbane. Decided to take up the challenge after beating breast cancer at the age of 23. I guess it was to prove something to myself and the fundraising was an afterthought. I leave on May 25th....so it is only 4.5 weeks away and I can't wait...if i could go tomorrow i would.:D

Hi y'all--

I'm a new member, although I've been lurking for awhile. I've finally decided to get a bike, mostly for commuting and to lose weight/get fit. Think I'm going to go with the Trek 4900 WSD. Anyone have comments/complaints about this particular bike? Or even some suggestions about different brands?

I am also in South Africa, did quite a few long races, like the Argus twice and 94.7 twice and Cansa Lost City. I am 47 years old and only started cycling two years ago. Hehehe I am one of those that just finish but can't leave a cycle magazine or info about cycling alone. I do spinning 3 - 4 times a week and try to do a short race at least once a month. Perhaps I can still improve, what do the pro's think, is there a light for a 47 year old female cyclist? ;)

Of course! Have a look at SA's best female MTB'er, Hannelie Steyn-Kotze.

Another new member here... local road racer here in New York City. Would be great to travel and meet some of you ladies, we're so cut off from the pro racing scene in the rest of the world. We barely get to hear about women's racing here at home! Keep us American gals updated about the good stuff going on!

I need to know what everyone think: I've been asked to do 94.7 with a guy without kidneys, he did the Argus and 94.7 last year but this year don't have anyone to accompany him, he needs someone with him all the time in case something happens. Is it better to do it on single bikes or would you recommend a tandem. None of us has been on tandem before.

Originally posted by sevenaxiom
Another new member here... local road racer here in New York City. Would be great to travel and meet some of you ladies, we're so cut off from the pro racing scene in the rest of the world. We barely get to hear about women's racing here at home! Keep us American gals updated about the good stuff going on!

Hello to all,

I just found out about this forum and I am very excited that it exists. However, I would suggest a few things to the webamasters:

- provide a spell checker
- more smilies
- create folders for localities and regional groups so that when we talk to each other, we can actually form groups and organize runs and meets

But anyway, I'm in Philly, and I was thinking that we can try and get a meet going for a trip to the beach when the weather breaks.

any thoughs?

I'm another new member and thought I'd say hello and add my name to the growing list. I'm 26, originally from Brisbane but currently living in the UK. I'm absoultely obsessed with my mountain bike, to the point where work is just a place I get to ride to and from each day ;) I've been riding seriously (well my version of seriously) for about 1.5 years now and I'm still trying to get over my fear of going very fast down hills!!!

I'm new here too and man is this bulletin board different to what I"m used to. Dunno if this post is even going to make it to the right place.

Whatever..

I'm a Sydney cyclist/commuter. I'm so busy with the kids on the weekend that I really need that to and from work cycling to keep me sane.

How do you do those pretty pictures on your posts?

Welcome to all the new girls here, hope you are all active posters on the forum!

Another new person, bumping the thread. I'm a commuter/touring type - I really like showing up at work with the endorphins already buzzing around in my brain and I like keeping the winter flab from piling on and I like riding.

You get the pictures if you skip the "quick" reply and find the "post a reply" button (look to the right and between teh quick reply and the posts), and you'll get smilie options and other cool stuff like colors but fortunately people don't overdo that stuff! :cool:

Count me in.

I started riding again Aug 02 on my 12 year old 6 speed Raleigh mountain bike. I am so hooked. (hope to have a new MB by Christmas)

I am determined to ride year round, and have made it through minus 15C with my water freezing in my water bottle. LOL

I also intend to see as much of the world as I can on a bike... preferably on the back-roads and trails where the stinkin auto's seldom go.

I think this female section is awesome, and I look forward to learning alot here, as well as sharing the camaraderie.

Hi ya'll!

Just bought my first bike (since high school) about 3 to 4 weeks ago! I'm loving it so far -- it's a Bianchi. :) I'm totally new so the longest distance I've ridden so far is 23 miles at a 14.19 pace. I was at a resort & had to do half the ride on trails because there were places where they didn't allow you to ride on the road. Anyway, I'm home now & it's been around 105 heat index with high humidity. Yuck!! Set out this morning for my first ride in the hotter climate. I only went 11 miles but I'll improve on that. The area I'm riding in is also extremely hilly whereas before (at the resort) it was flat & there was a nice breeze. No breeze here in July & August. LOL By the way, I live in Columbia, South Carolina.

Anyway, I am really loving my bike & would like to train initially to ride 50 miles & work up from there. :D

hi all,i'm quite new as well.I post here like everyday since I've joined this forum,but i mostly write in Tour de France section.
nice to meet all of ya! ;)

I'm in Delaware, US.....bike about 10 miles a day. Professional musician by trade. I am owned by a greyhound, Miss Lucy. She allows me my cycling time if I walk her daily. I took up biking after an 8 month illness - the sport became my rehabilitation. The doctors were a bunch of idiots and really didn't know what to do to speed my recovery. ..so I just bought the bike and began riding very slowly. It's glorious to be healthy again!!

Hi, it's nice to see some femmes of cycling in here finallly. I'm actually a runner who would like to compete in a duathlon next year... so this spring I got myself a bike and am using this year to gain endurance and strength. We'll see how I do... I still have an entire year ... and won't be able to do it all outside since i'm in Canada -- But that's ok, I'll ride until the snow falls... and that's ok because I'm a skier [on blades now] and that more than makes up for it. Anyways, hi!! and will be back to read some more of your comments. Cheers!