Ok girls - just how many of us are there here?

Originally posted by ness
Hi everyone, I just thought initally it would be nice to know exactly how many of us females post on cyclingforums.com, so why not post a small introduction each to get things started?<br /><br />Ok heres me:<br />22, Live in Sydney Australia, will be riding mostly sprint track events. Hobbies apart from cycling - Horse riding, and going to the gym, coaching my boyfriend (athletics) and rnb music.<br /> ;D

Hi All,

Add another - I live in Southern California - which means it is ALWAYS a good day to ride. I usually ride between 4,000 and 5,000 miles/year. I ride road and mountian - okay - I'll be honest, mostly I fly mountian, as in fly off the bike and get lots of bumps and bruises! My husband is also an avid cyclist, our household has about 13 bikes, including road bikes, mountian bikes, a custom made tandem, beach cruisers and hybrids. I think we cover it all. We also kayak. I work full time as a CPA and on alternate semesters teach at the local university. Due to my schedule, I finally invested this year in a computerized trainer so I can ride whenever I need to.

I am glad to see so many of us here on the board and very impressed to learn that we have pros in our ranks.

ok its a bit innappropriate....perhaps.

but I found a Bikers Chick Bible verse

ROmans 15: something.

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves

Hi everyone, I just thought initally it would be nice to know exactly how many of us females post on cyclingforums.com, so why not post a small introduction each to get things started?<br /><br />Ok heres me:<br />22, Live in Sydney Australia, will be riding mostly sprint track events. Hobbies apart from cycling - Horse riding, and going to the gym, coaching my boyfriend (athletics) and rnb music.<br /> ;D

Well, I'm 20 F, and have become addicted to the forums ;)

I mainly do offroading, but sometimes on road as well (using the mountain bike!)

I'm from Ontario Canada! It's great to meet all of you :D

Originally posted by origanic
I mainly do offroading, but sometimes on road as well (using the mountain bike!)

I'm from Ontario Canada! It's great to meet all of you :D

another blasted 'free rider'. haha.

Hey canada! ..I just got back from Sedona. I got to 'watch' some folks do some incredible feats on their bikes. I tried a few myself but I have to tell you. wow. NERVES . man. and confidence. it takes so long to build that up. I wish I could do what some of the gals could at Mountain Bike Heaven. they were really top notch! I can't wait to go back!

wow! i am so glad to know i am not the only one who throughs reason out the window when it comes to buying bikes...i am running out of place to store them-lol

Add another - I live in Southern California - which means it is ALWAYS a good day to ride. I usually ride between 4,000 and 5,000 miles/year. I ride road and mountian - okay - I'll be honest, mostly I fly mountian, as in fly off the bike and get lots of bumps and bruises! My husband is also an avid cyclist, our household has about 13 bikes, including road bikes, mountian bikes, a custom made tandem, beach cruisers and hybrids. I think we cover it all. We also kayak. I work full time as a CPA and on alternate semesters teach at the local university. Due to my schedule, I finally invested this year in a computerized trainer so I can ride whenever I need to.

I am glad to see so many of us here on the board and very impressed to learn that we have pros in our ranks. [/B][/QUOTE]

Originally posted by nancyinky
wow! i am so glad to know i am not the only one who throughs reason out the window when it comes to buying bikes...i am running out of place to store them-lol

That's why I work - so I can have more bikes or bike stuff. There is always a new jersey, set of wheels, pedals, bike...that I want!

Hello girls
I've been cycling about a year and love it. I'm new and ready to go. I've also gotten my husband and son into it.

Gina

Hello my sister bike chics. Joined the cycle forum a couple of months ago but really havent posted anything. Just kinda lurked around. ASL = 30, female (of course), Southwestern Virginia. Lots of great single track in the area. MTB around 3 years and just bought my first road bike this spring. Love it. Very, very few female riders in this area. I always have to hang with the guys. Hobbies: Biking, hiking, and hanging out at the gym. I also have a little girl I have been teaching to ride. Pretty difficult experience... She is catching on. She will be in the mountains with mama pretty soon.

Thought I would add myself to this thread. I am 40 (!!!) and just started road biking this year after taking a spinning class at my club over the winter. I ride a Trek 2100 and I love it! It is hard to find enough time to ride though-- I am a lawyer, dog-owner, golfer, boater, home-owner (i.e. chore-doer), girlfriend, daughter, aunt, and the list goes on and on! I have a mountain bike as well, but I love the speed and smoothness of road biking. Happy riding!

OK, I am a 28 year old Mountain Biker (some how don't fit in this forum, but it's all good) from NY but currently living in DC.

I have a Giant Iguana Disc, and am thinking about flinging myself down a mountain sometime in the near future (when I get the appropriate bike..........and gear).

I work as a Graphic Artist, 3D Modeler. Have 2 wonderful dogs and an absolutely rotten Boyfriend. :)

Other fun interests? Flyball with my dog Beans, stained glass, painting, going to shows (alternative rock, classic rock, folk...Go Ani Difranco!!!), caving......

I am always finding something new that I like.

Originally posted by MudGrrl
OK, I am a 28 year old Mountain Biker (some how don't fit in this forum, but it's all good) from NY but currently living in DC.

I have a Giant Iguana Disc, and am thinking about flinging myself down a mountain sometime in the near future (when I get the appropriate bike..........and gear).

Ooooooh to be YOUNG again!!!!!

haha

:)

Hi how great to read all the posts from SA. I used to race both road and track but mostly track in my teenage years. Now I am married with 3 kiddos and living in Seattle. Just got back into cycling - did a tri last summer and am now training for STP (Seattle to Portland) a 205 mile bike ride. I am hoping to do it in one day. Getting back into track aswell and am considering racing. When I raced in all those many many years ago (Cape Town) there were only 2 girls - myself and Cherrie! Glad to see a few more roses gracing the thorns:D

like the tiltle says armywife in germany 37 currently reduced to turtle mode cause of the burley in back.

Hello everyone, I am brand new to this forum. My name is Liz, I am 31 years old, and live in Baltimore, MD.

I've been mountain biking for about 4 or 5 years, and I just bought a road bike.

I'm 52 years old and have been doing mostly recreational bicycling for about the last 6 years. My husband is also into bicycle but a lot more serious then me. We have new tandem we just got about 6 months ago and really enjoy that too. My bike is more like a cross bike, touring frame, mountain bike components.

I'm 35, a new mom and I'm returning to racing after a couple years absence. I'd switched to triathlon for a while, had a bad accident (not bike related) in which I broke my leg. So I stopped competing entirely for a while, but just kept in shape with some running/cycling.

But I realize that I really like cycling the best of all of my sports so why waste time running/swiming when I can be riding!?

My husband is also a cyclist and supports me in my training by taking good care of our little girl so that I can get out on training rides! I feel lucky!

Hi everyone! I'm 31, living in the Napa Valley, and got my first bike 6 months ago. It's a mountain bike but I am considering a road or touring bike since I rarely ride off-road. Great to meet everyone!

Hi all. I just discovered both this site and this forum! I'm psyched to have found it! I'm a 42 yof from Boston, MA. I've been riding (road) for just over 3 years. I've got my 3rd Pan Mass Challenge coming up in August. It's a 2-day 192 mile cancer fundraising ride. I'm also a social worker, dog owner, home owner, gym rat... who can't seem to drag herself away from the TV coverage of the Tour!!