ok.. question for all you guys out there.

foild1

Aug 30, 2005
Im new to the spandex shorts thing, but i have one question... breifs or no breifs?

lol

thanks!

foild1 said:
Im new to the spandex shorts thing, but i have one question... breifs or no breifs?

lol

thanks!
depends how cold it is...there is some sensitive equipment inside your shorts. I wear a set of thermal cotton boxer-like shorts under my cycling shorts when the temp gets low...(sometimes two pairs if its really windy.)

oh, and its Lycra, not spandex...

Yea, lycra, never white, and be careful or pairs of riders in white lycra. :eek:

I always wear cotton jocks under my lyrca shorts.
I tend to sweat and from a hygiene viewpoint, I need something to absorb sweat.

Also from the view of trying to prevent chaffing, I would suggest that some underwear is advisable.

You don't need to wear anything under cycling shorts, they are designed that way. Just get a good pair with high quality, soft material and a good chamois and you will be fine.

foild1 said:

lol

thanks!
Spandex (Lycra) cycling shorts have a pad, usually of synthetic chamiox, and are designed to be worn without briefs. However, unless you are able to wash them each time and wear a clean pair every day then it is better to wear something under them.
Most types of underwear are not comfortable to cycle in because of the position of the seams, but there are a few that are OK. Also there are cycle-specific short liners, including some with a windproof section to stop your nuts freezing in cold weather.
Personally I prefer to wear something over the top in cold weather, and have enough pairs of lycra shorts to allow me to wear a clean pair each day without any kind of underwear. A well made pair of black shorts will preserve your modesty.

Only Lycra. Couldn't stand having anything in there. I often wear cargo's over my shorts if its a bit chilly.

El Loto said:
Only Lycra. Couldn't stand having anything in there. I often wear cargo's over my shorts if its a bit chilly.

yes....... lycra in ok

foild1 said:

lol

thanks!
Commando is the only way to go.

It does make for some good laughs when someone (always a non-cyclist) is admiring my bike and fondles my saddle--no concept of where that saddle has ridden.

I personally prefer to ride without any clothes at all....people pay more attention to you which lessens the chance of you getting hit.

okay...I'm lying...but that would be pretty cool....except for the saddle tip going up the old **** chute

stone61cm said:
okay...I'm lying...but that would be pretty cool....except for the saddle tip going up the old **** chute
UGH! That doesn't paint a very pretty picture....

To answer the question though - lycra was meant to be worn over bare skin....