Ok the "Jib" is up :-)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Scott, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Alright I can't hold back the laughter anymore.

    For some reason some of you clowns think I am new. I have been on here for
    a few years now. I didn't change my username or anything somehow with the
    indoor park thing JD interpreted me as being new?! Ha ha knee jerk
    reaction.

    I walked right into many of your traps just to see if the 'ol buttons still
    work when pressed. yes they do! C'mon change up and get a little creative
    people.

    JD "yes" I did meet and ride with you with the Spokejunkies in Ohio at
    Vulture's Knob. I mentioned this to you earlier but you got all
    defensive... Yea I know people this is hard to believe ;-) but in person he
    was a really genuine nice guy, a real pussycat. Chill bro. I know you hate
    me posting about the Indoor Park and I just ran with it. From now on I will
    put some type of disclaimer in the subject header so those who don't want to
    read about it don't have too. If that isn't good enough for you oh well.
    BTW I will be out your way in the spring if you want to ride and yes I ride
    XC up and down real Mountains. If you are going to respond with some
    seething BS don't bother I know you are a pussycat... on second thought
    bring it on big boy!

    GT most of the posts we have exchanged over the years have been positive but
    c'mon man you have been sounding like a Jag off hatchling ;-) Oh and I like
    it baby.

    Ride-a-lot, I appreciate your effort trying to stop that guy harrasing JD.
    You seem like a nice guy and I like you. You see when you said "I have your
    gateway now give me your IP... don't blah blah, I realized that you might
    need help. Look man like it or not dealing with these modern networks and
    DHCP the truth is sometimes my layer 3 gateway is in Indiana, sometimes,
    Chicago and yes sometimes in California based upon network congetsion. You
    are right you can trace that but the targets layer 2 gateway is ALWAYS at
    the local physical central office and that is what you need to find. No
    cookie or traceroute/whois is gonna see that. When I was on last you were
    right my router was in Michigan but other people in the same segment
    (broadcast domain and I was sniffing) were anywhere from 350 miles to 10
    miles away from me and that ain't good enough to find my true physical
    location without outside help from the carrier ir ISP. That guy is behind a
    proxy server and NAT'ing. You need specific help beyond what you are doing.
    That is not going to be easy unless you... well I am sure you will figure it
    out ;-) just let the IP part of it go and get in the laver 2 part.

    Oh well have a great Holiday all!

    Tags:

  2. Claim what you will, I don't remember you. If you did ride with me at
    Vulture's Knob you may remember something about the bike I was riding
    there. If you don't remember that, then you are either blind, or
    lying. I only remember riding with Brenda there.

    JD

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Claim what you will, I don't remember you. If you did ride with me at
    > Vulture's Knob you may remember something about the bike I was riding
    > there. If you don't remember that, then you are either blind, or
    > lying. I only remember riding with Brenda there.

    This was back in 00. I believe you were riding a HT and I came across you
    on the fireroad that connects the main loop to the 2nd swampy loop. I was
    riding a yellow Schwinn Homegrown with 5 arm spider XT crank, flats and judy
    forks. This road looks like it was used in the Deliverance movie - BTW. We
    rode about 1.5 miles through the swamp and primitive log bridges with you
    until we came to the climbs on the upper loop. I rememeber we talked about
    the internet and the Spokejunkies (I am one now but wasn't then) where we
    posted online etc., talked about military exp, talked about Michigan trails
    and the lack of good legal trails in Ohio, you told me your first name and
    also your online handle JD. The reason why I rememeber this is because you
    helped me big time with my riding. I was riding flats and my seat was too
    low. I didn't know about the any riding groups like the Spokejunkies until
    I happened upon you. You took the time to explain about leg extension/seat
    placement, riding clipless pedals and spinning. That was a big deal for me
    and made my riding life a lot easier. Although I still haven't gotten the
    hang of clipless pedals! I thanked you then and I will thank you now,
    thanks!

  4. GeeDubb

    GeeDubb Guest

    Scott wrote: You took the time
    > to explain about ....... riding clipless pedals
    > and spinning.

    JD doesn't ride with clipless pedals though at some point he may have.

    Gary (damdest thing I've seen!)

  5. Scott

    Scott Guest

    "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Scott wrote: You took the time
    >> to explain about ....... riding clipless pedals
    >> and spinning.

    > JD doesn't ride with clipless pedals though at some point he may have.
    >
    > Gary (damdest thing I've seen!)

    I don't remember if he was or wasn't using them but I remember him telling
    me about spinning and that you can "pull up" with clipless pedals. I really
    don't remember much about his bike but like I said I remember the help,
    friendliness and where to find riding groups online etc.. Could it not have
    been him? Possibly but I am going to dig through the old Spokejunkies board
    because I remember a JD there who exchanged posts with me and remembered me.

  6. GeeDubb wrote:
    > Scott wrote: You took the time
    > > to explain about ....... riding clipless pedals
    > > and spinning.

    > JD doesn't ride with clipless pedals though at some point he may

    have.

    > Gary (damdest thing I've seen!)

    Never have ridden clipless, nor advocated their use.

    Funny thing, I've always posted with my personalized motorcycle plate
    as a "handle" on the Spokejunkies site, not JD.

    I wasn't riding a hardtail when I rode there either. I was on a POS
    rigid circa 1990 Specialized Rockhopper with flat resin pedals that I
    had to rent after breaking a chainstay on the bike I had brought with
    me to Ohio. If our new pal scott didn't notice that it was more than a
    bit circus clownish, he was either blind, lying or has mistaken me for
    someone else. Again, I only rode with Brenda that day.

    JD

  7. Scott

    Scott Guest

    I stand corrected.

  8. mark

    mark Guest

  9. GeeDubb

    GeeDubb Guest

  10. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:41:00 GMT, Scott <[email protected]> wrote:

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Claim what you will, I don't remember you. If you did ride with me at
    >> Vulture's Knob you may remember something about the bike I was riding
    >> there. If you don't remember that, then you are either blind, or
    >> lying. I only remember riding with Brenda there.

    > This was back in 00. I believe you were riding a HT and I came across
    > you
    > on the fireroad that connects the main loop to the 2nd swampy loop. I
    > was
    > riding a yellow Schwinn Homegrown with 5 arm spider XT crank, flats and
    > judy
    > forks. This road looks like it was used in the Deliverance movie -
    > BTW. We
    > rode about 1.5 miles through the swamp and primitive log bridges with you
    > until we came to the climbs on the upper loop. I rememeber we talked
    > about
    > the internet and the Spokejunkies (I am one now but wasn't then) wherewe
    > posted online etc., talked about military exp, talked about Michigan
    > trails
    > and the lack of good legal trails in Ohio, you told me your first name
    > and
    > also your online handle JD. The reason why I rememeber this is because
    > you
    > helped me big time with my riding. I was riding flats and my seat was
    > too
    > low. I didn't know about the any riding groups like the Spokejunkies
    > until
    > I happened upon you. You took the time to explain about leg
    > extension/seat
    > placement, riding clipless pedals and spinning. That was a big deal for
    > me
    > and made my riding life a lot easier. Although I still haven't gotten
    > the
    > hang of clipless pedals! I thanked you then and I will thank you now,
    > thanks!

    Hey bro, you do realize there is more than 1 JD?

    Here's a picture of him shooting hoop (with the long hair)
    http://www.picit.com/data/media/116/midget_basketball.jpg and his old
    "ride" that he used to use to scope out new trails
    http://www.southerncrossranch.com/paso2/midget.jpg
    --
    Slacker

  11. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    Scott wrote:

    > I stand corrected.

    Thought you were spinning! {Perry Mason Moment wave file}

    Bill "JD has a double out there??? Don't think so" S.

  12. Scott

    Scott Guest

    news:eek:[email protected]
    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:41:00 GMT, Scott <[email protected]> wrote:

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Claim what you will, I don't remember you. If you did ride with me at
    >> Vulture's Knob you may remember something about the bike I was riding
    >> there. If you don't remember that, then you are either blind, or
    >> lying. I only remember riding with Brenda there.

    > This was back in 00. I believe you were riding a HT and I came across
    > you
    > on the fireroad that connects the main loop to the 2nd swampy loop. I
    > was
    > riding a yellow Schwinn Homegrown with 5 arm spider XT crank, flats and
    > judy
    > forks. This road looks like it was used in the Deliverance movie - BTW.
    > We
    > rode about 1.5 miles through the swamp and primitive log bridges with you
    > until we came to the climbs on the upper loop. I rememeber we talked
    > about
    > the internet and the Spokejunkies (I am one now but wasn't then) where we
    > posted online etc., talked about military exp, talked about Michigan
    > trails
    > and the lack of good legal trails in Ohio, you told me your first name
    > and
    > also your online handle JD. The reason why I rememeber this is because
    > you
    > helped me big time with my riding. I was riding flats and my seat was
    > too
    > low. I didn't know about the any riding groups like the Spokejunkies
    > until
    > I happened upon you. You took the time to explain about leg
    > extension/seat
    > placement, riding clipless pedals and spinning. That was a big deal for
    > me
    > and made my riding life a lot easier. Although I still haven't gotten
    > the
    > hang of clipless pedals! I thanked you then and I will thank you now,
    > thanks!

    Hey bro, you do realize there is more than 1 JD?

    Here's a picture of him shooting hoop (with the long hair)
    http://www.picit.com/data/media/116/midget_basketball.jpg and his old
    "ride" that he used to use to scope out new trails
    http://www.southerncrossranch.com/paso2/midget.jpg
    --
    Slacker

  13. Scott

    Scott Guest

  14. Scott

    Scott Guest

    "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Ycqyd.32348
    > Thought you were spinning! {Perry Mason Moment wave file}
    >
    > Bill "JD has a double out there??? Don't think so" S.

    Nice!