Ok, What Happened To My Account...

lectraplayer

May 11, 2014
Went to log in today and it appeared that somebody has changed my password as my usual password was "wrong." After I used "forgot password" to get in, I discovered parts of my profile were changed or deleted. My threads are still there, though. What just happened?

If you hadn't noticed they have changed forum software. Updating your password is pretty common when forum software is upgraded from one forum software to another. The importer does the best it can to preserve passwords but sometimes doesn't always get it right.

Just a matter of doing a password recovery.

Even with a change in software would that change someones information in their profile? That seems odd.

JoanMcWench said:
Even with a change in software would that change someones information in their profile? That seems odd.
Yes, my last account got deleted with the change of new software, so I had to make a new one.
You can update the changes in your profile now since the new software is already done.

I had the same issue. I used the "forgot password link", and then changed it back to my old one once I was able to log on with the random password they sent me..

Still missing a couple of years worth of old posts, though.

I did notice the mobile theme changed, but only after I finally got logged in. Before that, it was the old theme.

Also, I've used this site's engine on www.fountainpennetwork.com, but it is the WORST user experience of all message boards I have been to. I liked the previous engine much better. What was the reason for the migration?

mpre53 said:
I had the same issue. I used the "forgot password link", and then changed it back to my old one once I was able to log on with the random password they sent me..

Still missing a couple of years worth of old posts, though.
Hi there, you shouldn't have lost any posts. We just need to run a post count script once some other stuff has been done. ;)

steve said:
Hi there, you shouldn't have lost any posts. We just need to run a post count script once some other stuff has been done. ;)
I meant just the post count in my profile, not actual posts. ;)

mpre53 said:
I meant just the post count in my profile, not actual posts. ;)
Awesome! The migration has been a huge undertaking because we were migrating from a custom solution, so there was always going to be a few little issue like this along the way. So far so good, at least this is software people have used on countless other websites :)

Oh, I know. I'm an administrator on another site that used your former platform. The owner is in the process of switching, too. Suffice to say, none of us are sorry to see the old platform go. :D

I liked the old platform from a user's standpoint.

One example is the apparant absence of a subscribed/participated thread list. That's my most used feature when present. I also used to use Tapatalk with this board as well, then it vanished.

lectraplayer said:
I liked the old platform from a user's standpoint.

One example is the apparant absence of a subscribed/participated thread list. That's my most used feature when present. I also used to use Tapatalk with this board as well, then it vanished.
Check out "Content I follow" from your user dropdown at the top of the page.

lectraplayer said:
Where do I find that? My drop down don't have it.
Here as shown in the attachment.

Also note that any topics / forums that you may have previously received notifications from i.e. following. I'm pretty sure the forum changeover will have lost all these subscriptions. You'll need to "follow" them to recieve the notifications again.

Attachments

• Contentifollow.png
    Contentifollow.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: steve
I have already noticed a big increase in daily traffic here. New threads, new posts in old threads. Glad to see it. :D

Now, about all of the missing images in the "Best Looking Female Cyclist" thread in the Soap Box......... :wub:

mpre53 said:
I have already noticed a big increase in daily traffic here. New threads, new posts in old threads. Glad to see it. :D

Now, about all of the missing images in the "Best Looking Female Cyclist" thread in the Soap Box......... :wub:
Can you post a link to that please?

Where is it on the mobile theme? There is no "content I follow" link anywhere, and browsing a board meant for a desktop on a mobile device (like many/most people do now).

I would show you, but I'm without a way to post pictures. Dam this new software sucks to no end.

lectraplayer said:
Where is it on the mobile theme? There is no "content I follow" link anywhere, and browsing a board meant for a desktop on a mobile device (like many/most people do now).

I would show you, but I'm without a way to post pictures. Dam this new software sucks to no end.
You'll need to wait until they upgrade the forum software to the new version 4 which is currently at Release Candidate stage. The mobile interface is much more comprehensive than what we have currently.