OK, Whos going to win this years TDF???

oganloc

Jul 19, 2006
Its only 4 days to go and it seems pretty wide open. Who do you think will win??

1. Cadel Evans
2. Andreas Kloden
3. Oscar Pereiro
4. Carlos Sastre
5. Michael Rogers

Thats my guess.

1. Sastre
2. Pereiro
3. Kloden
4. Evans

Can I revise this after today's stage?

patch70 said:
1. Sastre
2. Pereiro
3. Kloden
4. Evans

Can I revise this after today's stage?
HEck the way this Tour is going, we might need to revise after The CHamps. I am going with

1. Sastre
2. Evans
3. Pereiro
4. Landis
5. Kloden

sastre, kloden and evans all need to pull back approx 1.5 mins tonight. if not, theyre gone.

assuming time trial form stays same, which it usually does.
ive analysed first week time trial, and last years time trial, and these boys all need approx this time pulled back tnite to challenge him. kloden and evans can get 1-1.5mins on him in ttrial, and sastre 0.5 minute in the ttrial.

sastre and kloden did get these 1.5min gaps they need over pereiro, on d'huez a few days ago, evans couldnt.

based on all this, i think pereiro is going to hang on for the win. there will be mere seconds in it between him, kloden and sastre, evans may lose out by 0.5-1 minute unfortunately.

There is now a poll, please select your winner (and post your top 5) ;)

cheers

Kloden
Sastre
Pereiro.

Kinda wierd that, considering that I thought that the top 3 at the end of the tour would have looked like this (before operation Puerto, before crashes)

Ullrich
Basso
Valverde.

So, I reckon the same teams are going to get the same placings but with their second riders. Essentialy the same result, just much smaller time gaps. Makes you think as to just how strongly Ullrich/Basso would have won this tour.

Eldrack said:
Kloden
Sastre
Pereiro.

Kinda wierd that, considering that I thought that the top 3 at the end of the tour would have looked like this (before operation Puerto, before crashes)

Ullrich
Basso
Valverde.

So, I reckon the same teams are going to get the same placings but with their second riders. Essentialy the same result, just much smaller time gaps. Makes you think as to just how strongly Ullrich/Basso would have won this tour.
Fantasy top 10:
1. Lance
2. Ullrich
3. Basso
4. Valverde
5. Vino
6. Mancebo
7. Hamilton
8. Kloden
9. Evans
10. Landis
44. Pereiro ...where he would have been if Lance was riding.

All bets are off. I cant believe my eyes. Landis is almost 8 mins ahead on the road and the virtual yellow jersey!! Unbelievable. He deserves to win

oganloc said:
All bets are off. I cant believe my eyes. Landis is almost 8 mins ahead on the road and the virtual yellow jersey!! Unbelievable. He deserves to win
He will win!