Okay gang....Let's see 'em!!

baj32161

Jul 15, 2004
Okay...it's time to post pics of what we ride. Road, Mtn, Bents...whatever you ride, let's see it.

Mine is a 2004 LeMond Tourmalet, new old stock, all stock (AL frame, 105/Ultegra) except for the pedals (Vuelta Typhoon SPD mtn), cages and bottles, Trek seat bag and Trek mini pump.

Self built from ebay and other online sources - full Ultegra and bontrager mega exo racelite cranks - weight 17.5 +-

tanggoman said:
Giant Team Issue Team ONCE Carbon Fiber

The ONCE colors are so much better than the T-Mobile.

Unmarked, deep dish carbon wheels with carbon spokes. There's some bling. Lightweights or ADA?

Easton elite Program taper wall frame hand made in Yorkshire, England.

XT/LX bits, Bombers, easton bars/post Tioga Psycho dirt tyres, Mavics....retails for around £900 ($1,700 USD)

below is a pic of my trainer...Merlin (of England) alloy frame and old **** components...with an XT rear mech and slick tyres..coda bars off my old cannondale..

Here's some bent pics. First is my V-Rex. This is a classic, not only in terms of an established design, but also because this version with a 24" rear wheel was considered somewhat rare, even when it was in production. I updated it by adding a Flip-It(tm) stem and a rear disc brake. It also sports a coroplast front fairing of my own design. Second is my pavement burner, an Optima Baron. It's got a carbon fiber seat shell and Velocity Thracian disc-specific wheels. Those are my big fat training/club ride tires, which come off in favor of Conti GPs for major events.

Both bikes weigh in at about 27 pounds, bare. As with uprights, bent weights are going down, and while these bikes used to be considered lightweight for bents, they're both a bit on the portly side by today's standards.

2003 Raleigh Professional. The factory OEM was built with '03 Chorus, but I bought the frame and specced the parts meself. Here's the rundown:

~ Bar Tape: Stella Azzurra Tecno Spugna, #3 "Road", Sunflower Yellow
~ BB: TruVativ GigaPipe Team SL, 108mm x Eng.
~ Bottle Cage: Elite Ciussi Inox Stainless Steel
~ Brakes: '03 Campagnolo Centaur
~ Cassette: Centaur 12-25, 10v
~ Chain: Record C10
~ Chainrings: FSA Pro Road, 52/39
~ Crankset: FSA Team Pro Issue, 175mm
~ Fork: Columbus Muscle, 45 deg., 1 1/8", carbon monocoque, 20mm carbon HS spacer
~ Frame Geometry: 56.1cm Top Tube, 40.4cm Chainstay, 98.8cm Wheelbase, 73.0d Head Tube Angle, 73.0d Seat Tube Angle, 81.0cm Stand Over. 195mm fork crown top to stem clamp bottom; 4cm. bar top to saddle top height
~ Front Derailleur: '03 Chorus, braze-on
~ Handlebar: Easton EA70 Ergo, EA70 alloy, 42 c-c/85mm R/145mm D
~ Headset: Columbus/FSA Intellaset Pro
~ Pedals: Time ATAC Alium
~ Paint: Heritage Champagne/Black
~ Rear Derailleur: '03 Centaur, short, 10v
~ Rim Tape: Michelin snap-on poly strips
~ Saddle: Brooks Professional, Black, "Swallow-ized"
~ Seatpost: Kalloy SP-359, 27.2 x 300
~ Shifters/Brake Levers: '03 Centaur Ergo, 10v
~ Skewers: Centaur
~ Stem: ITM Millenium, 120mm/80d
~ Tires: Vredestein Fortezza 25c, folding, all-black
~ Tubes: Specialized Turbo Road LVS 18/25, butyl, 48mm valve
~ Tubing: Columbus Zona Megatube steel, TIG welded
~ Wheels: '03 Zonda, 20H G4 front/21H G3 rear

* Weight as listed: 20.17 lbs, w/o repair kit under saddle. Repair kit + .46 lb.

2003 Raleigh M60 with upgrades (cranks, BB, 2 extra wheelsets, yadda yadda)
2004 Specialized Sequoia Elite (extra wheelset Mavic Open Pro/Ultegra hubs)
Numerous (7 currently) Schwinn Stingrays
1993 GT Corrado (beater bike :D )
2003 Specialized Allez Sport (not shown)
2004 Raleigh Supercourse (not shown)
1970's Women's Traveler (not shown)
1970's Continental (not shown)

Still pushing my weird ride:

98 Trek Y77

Group: Chorus 10 spd (triple is coming off in a few weeks, don't need it)
Pedals: Chorus pro-fit
Wheels: Zipp 404's for fun, Campy Zondas for every day
Bars: Cinelli RAM (added since this photo)
Seat: Fizik Aliante (added since this photo)
Computer: Cateye CD3000DW, just added last week.
Rider: Wambly legged as always...

Weighs in at aorund 17 pounds. Fast on the downhills, climbs well, handles tight, looks wild. Found the RAM bars on ebay a couple of months ago, they are superb. Fit your hands perfectly. Don't know that they're worth $600, but used ones are definitely worth $200.

blazingpedals said:
Here's some bent pics. First is my V-Rex. This is a classic, not only in terms of an established design, but also because this version with a 24" rear wheel was considered somewhat rare, even when it was in production. I updated it by adding a Flip-It(tm) stem and a rear disc brake. It also sports a coroplast front fairing of my own design. Second is my pavement burner, an Optima Baron. It's got a carbon fiber seat shell and Velocity Thracian disc-specific wheels. Those are my big fat training/club ride tires, which come off in favor of Conti GPs for major events.

Both bikes weigh in at about 27 pounds, bare. As with uprights, bent weights are going down, and while these bikes used to be considered lightweight for bents, they're both a bit on the portly side by today's standards.
Recumbent's are weird! Are you sure you don't fall asleep on that Baron? How much does the chain(s) weigh - about 18 lbs?!

;)

Here's one of mine (no pics of the others). I rescued the frame from the scrap heap after a mate got rear-ended by another cyclist (braking hard to avoid a head-on with a car driving on the wrong side of the road). I've included the before and after pics. You can see the welded bracket by the RD. GripSport.com.au did a great job with the repairs and powdercoating, I did the Cannondale logos an left the bike in Sydney to ride when I'm there.

Wurm said:
Recumbent's are weird! Are you sure you don't fall asleep on that Baron? How much does the chain(s) weigh - about 18 lbs?!

;)
I agree, they're weird looking until you get acclimated. They do have their advantages, though. Like for instance, my Baron has increased my speed over long rides by as much as 5 mph. No drafting required, either. Don't worry I won't fall asleep as long as I'm still pedaling. Yeah, that's a lot of chain, about 2.5 regular chains. We're talking about 750g/1.5lb of chain there instead of the more-normal 10 ounces. Front wheel drive is available, but it really looks weird.

*sigh*

I'll have you guys know I cleaned my bike JUST for this thread. It was filthy anyway, and needed a cleaning badly. The chain was so greasy, it looked like a rope.

Please forgive the grey/black camo bar tape. It was all they had left at the bike shop. I'll throw black on it as soon as I can (unless I find yellow).

Torelli 20th anniversary frameset (Built by Antonio Mondonico) (1 of 100)
Columbus 'Nemo' tubing
Campagnolo Record 10 drivetrain
Torelli modular hubs on torelli master series wheels
Easton EC90 seatpost
Cinelli stem and bars
Look Keo pedals
Custom Chris King Headset

Pictures

cydewaze said:
*sigh*

I'll have you guys know I cleaned my bike JUST for this thread. It was filthy anyway, and needed a cleaning badly. The chain was so greasy, it looked like a rope.
Hey! It's about time you cleaned that rig! ;)

blazingpedals said:
I agree, they're weird looking until you get acclimated. They do have their advantages, though. Like for instance, my Baron has increased my speed over long rides by as much as 5 mph. No drafting required, either. Don't worry I won't fall asleep as long as I'm still pedaling. Yeah, that's a lot of chain, about 2.5 regular chains. We're talking about 750g/1.5lb of chain there instead of the more-normal 10 ounces. Front wheel drive is available, but it really looks weird.
I'm sure some of those 'bents can get pretty aerodynamic, more so I would think than standard bikes. I guess I've always wanted to try one out. Maybe I'm a latent 'bent freak? (Shhh! Don't tell anyone!)

Jakey said:
Columbus 'Nemo' tubing
Easton EC90 seatpost
Cinelli stem and bars
Look Keo pedals

Pictures

That is a beautiful bike. The lugs look fantastic. Did you swap out the original record chainrings for the red ones?

Jakey said:
Columbus 'Nemo' tubing
Easton EC90 seatpost
Cinelli stem and bars
Look Keo pedals

Pictures
I think I need a cold shower now.

We need a drool smiley.

*Nigel Tufnel Accent*

"Don't touch it!......Don't even look at it!"

Surprised it still doesn't have the price tags. ;)

Jakey said:
Columbus 'Nemo' tubing
Easton EC90 seatpost
Cinelli stem and bars
Look Keo pedals

Pictures