Oklahoma Mountain Biking Club Sued by Injured Lamer

JD

Guest
> In September, 2004 60-year old Jerry Reese
> sustained a severe spine injury when he fell off
> the side of a wooden bridge while mountain biking
> on the popular Bluff Creek Trail near Oklahoma
> City, Oklahoma. At the time of the accident, a
> deck board on the bridge was broken, but remained
> loosely in place. Reese alleges the broken board
> caused him to lose control of his bike and fall
> into a dry creek bed.

This Reese dude sounds like a lamer. We should be counter-suing for
his lack of skills and a frivilous lawsuit. The precedent this could
set has frightening implications. If a club doesn't completely
sanitize a trail when doing "maintenance", a "loose rock" could cause
another barney to lose control and crash and leave them open to a
lawsuit.

Mountain Biking is an inherently dangerous sport...

JD

>> In September, 2004 60-year old Jerry Reese
>> sustained a severe spine injury when he fell off
>> the side of a wooden bridge while mountain biking
>> on the popular Bluff Creek Trail near Oklahoma
>> City, Oklahoma. At the time of the accident, a
>> deck board on the bridge was broken, but remained
>> loosely in place. Reese alleges the broken board
>> caused him to lose control of his bike and fall
>> into a dry creek bed.

> This Reese dude sounds like a lamer. We should be counter-suing for
> his lack of skills and a frivilous lawsuit. The precedent this could
> set has frightening implications. If a club doesn't completely
> sanitize a trail when doing "maintenance", a "loose rock" could cause
> another barney to lose control and crash and leave them open to a
> lawsuit.
>
> Mountain Biking is an inherently dangerous sport...
>
> JD

This is just a case of a bloodsucking lawyer looking for money. The loose
board was at the bridge entrance, he crashed at the other end, 30' away.
General opinion is this will not go anywhere.

di wrote:

> This is just a case of a bloodsucking lawyer looking for money. The loose
> board was at the bridge entrance, he crashed at the other end, 30' away.
> General opinion is this will not go anywhere.

Defense lawyer still gets a dozen nice bikes worth of pay.

Shawn

Shawn wrote:
> di wrote:
>
>> This is just a case of a bloodsucking lawyer looking for money. The
>> loose board was at the bridge entrance, he crashed at the other end,
>> 30' away. General opinion is this will not go anywhere.

> Defense lawyer still gets a dozen nice bikes worth of pay.
>
> Shawn

Not if it's one of those TV guys who only gets paid if he wins.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Shawn wrote:
>> di wrote:
>>
>>> This is just a case of a bloodsucking lawyer looking for money. The
>>> loose board was at the bridge entrance, he crashed at the other end, 30'
>>> away. General opinion is this will not go anywhere.

>> Defense lawyer still gets a dozen nice bikes worth of pay.
>>
>> Shawn

> Not if it's one of those TV guys who only gets paid if he wins.

RAL,

That wouldn't be the defense then would it.

Just connecting dots....

Marty