Oktos Computer Wheel Settings, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Arthur L. Shapi, Feb 10, 2003.

  1. I have to temporarily use an Oktos MP 9 out of the parts bin to replace a Performance computer which
    has failed.

    Can't find the manual. Does anyone happen to have any Oktos manual (I'd guess they all have the same
    settings) such that I could ascertain the wheel setting for 700x20?

    Thanks for any help.

    Art Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at this ISP to reach me

    Tags:

  2. Woody Turgid

    Woody Turgid Guest

    First off, don't necessarily view it as temporary. The Octos installs from the other side, and is
    nearly impossible to knock off in a crash. This is my mountain bike computer.

    Press right key repeatedly to enter AVS/ODO mode Press and hold right key for over two seconds,
    until it flashes Left key selects miles or km per hour Right key confirms selection and advances
    screen to wheel size Left key cycles through the first digit right key confirms selection and
    advances to the next digit.

    The chart shows 2074 as the selection for your tires.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. In article <[email protected]>, "Woody Turgid" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >First off, don't necessarily view it as temporary.

    Thanks for the instructions, Woody. I replaced it because the auto shut off (after two seconds or
    whatever) wasn't reliable - often it would simply keep accumulating time for hours after stopping.
    I'm sure this was just a bad sample of the computer, but that's the one I got.

    Art