Old Campy Record/Chorus mix to new frame

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tom Arnold, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Tom Arnold

    Tom Arnold Guest

    I'm moving my components from a early 90's Concorde Aquila that I bought used to a specialized s
    works m4. I believe the crank is record. Its 8 speed.

    I think i have most things figured out, but still investigating the bottom bracket. Do I need a new
    one, or can i just replace the cups? If I need a new one, do I need the 115 symetrical version?

    Txs,

    Tom

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Martin

    Jeff Martin Guest

    Can't really help with your question, but I have a question for you. I also have a Concorde Aquila,
    got mine in 1994 and built it up with a 1995 Chorus 8sp group. Mine took a 102mm BB. What frame
    tubing is used on your frame, mine is full Columbus TSX. I like mine alot, what did you think of
    yours? Jeff

    "Tom Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:17301508.0303261236.55b[email protected]...
    > I'm moving my components from a early 90's Concorde Aquila that I bought used to a specialized s
    > works m4. I believe the crank is record. Its 8 speed.
    >
    > I think i have most things figured out, but still investigating the bottom bracket. Do I need a
    > new one, or can i just replace the cups? If I need a new one, do I need the 115 symetrical
    > version?
    >
    > Txs,
    >
    > Tom

  3. Tom Arnold

    Tom Arnold Guest

    "Jeff Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Can't really help with your question, but I have a question for you. I also have a Concorde
    > Aquila, got mine in 1994 and built it up with a 1995 Chorus 8sp group. Mine took a 102mm BB.

    Loved it until I drove my car into the carport with it on top. At least it was the first time...

  4. Tom-<< I think i have most things figured out, but still investigating the bottom bracket. Do I
    need a new one, or can i just replace the cups? If I need a new one, do I need the 115
    symetrical version?

    Doubt cups are available if the BB is one of the early cart bearing ones and if cup and ball,
    spinlde is a different dimension, ITL(Concorde) to the Specialized.

    You need a Campagnolo 111mm spinlde BB-like an AC-H-about $25. NOT the 115mm one-

  5. Andy Cappiello

    Andy Cappiello New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2003
    Hey Tom,
    wondering if you are looking to get rid of the Concorde frame and if so what the size/geometry is?

    Many thanks Andy